From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 13:21:58 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 19:21 UTC

Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=4998

I had a big laugh with “This baby scientist was found abandoned in a dump…”.

Lynn

Re: Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist

<tuaq3h$12eea$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=9259&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#9259

From: bcf...@cruzio.com (BCFD36)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Re: Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 12:10:25 -0800
 by: BCFD36 - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 20:10 UTC

On 3/8/23 11:21, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist
>    https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=4998
>
> I had a big laugh with “This baby scientist was found abandoned in a
> dump…”.
>
> Lynn
I think I worked with a few at NASA Ames. One should never have been found.

--
Dave Scruggs
Captain, Boulder Creek Fire (Retired)

Re: Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist

<XnsAFC2DF7C28224freezer88hotmailcom@88.198.57.247>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=9266&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#9266

From: freeze...@hotSPAMTHISmail.com (Freezer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 03:58:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Freezer - Fri, 10 Mar 2023 03:58 UTC

If I don't reply to this BCFD36 post, the terroists win.

> On 3/8/23 11:21, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist
>>    https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=4998
>>
>> I had a big laugh with “This baby scientist was found
>> abandoned in a dump…”.
>>
>> Lynn
> I think I worked with a few at NASA Ames. One should never
> have been found.

I hope Jeph is going for a cast herd type comic like Something
Positive. Moving everyone to Cubetown seems a bit too "We ran out
of ideas."

Frankly I still think he should run with the idea of Marten as a
therapist. Maybe he could do that as a barista.

Re: Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist

<k70lfsFs8ulU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=9269&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#9269

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips,rec.arts.sf.written
Date: 10 Mar 2023 12:18:04 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Fri, 10 Mar 2023 12:18 UTC

On 10 Mar 2023 at 03:58:10 GMT, "Freezer"
<freezer88@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:

> If I don't reply to this BCFD36 post, the terroists win.
>
>> On 3/8/23 11:21, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>>> Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist
>>> https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=4998
>>>
>>> I had a big laugh with “This baby scientist was found
>>> abandoned in a dump…”.
>>>
>>> Lynn
>> I think I worked with a few at NASA Ames. One should never
>> have been found.
>>

> I hope Jeph is going for a cast herd type comic like Something
> Positive. Moving everyone to Cubetown seems a bit too "We ran out
> of ideas."
>
> Frankly I still think he should run with the idea of Marten as a
> therapist. Maybe he could do that as a barista.

From Jeph's latest Patreon post:
---
I’ve seen some speculation that the comic is wrapping up- that is not
the case. I have no plans to end QC. The comic has changed focus many
times over the course of its lifespan. That’s what has kept it
interesting for me, over all these years. Sending Marten and Claire to
Cubetown looks to be just another one of those shifts. Which is funny,
because the genesis of the whole idea was me thinking “you know, I
barely do anything with Marten anymore, and he’s in a good place with
Claire. It might be time to give them a ride into the sunset since they
don’t seem to be the focus of my interest these days.” Then I started
gathering all the threads together for this story, and suddenly Marten
was fun to write again and I had a million ideas for Cubetown and welp I
guess I accidentally an entire new setting, lol. That’s how it goes
sometimes.

I hesitate to make predictions about the future, because I often end up
being wrong (see above), but so far I’m having fun switching between
Cubetown and Northampton as the creative process calls for it. So I’m
pretty sure I won’t be dumping Northampton as a setting, or moving the
entire cast to Cubetown, or any of the other more far-fetched ideas I’ve
seen floating around. I’m just going to keep writing comics like I
always have, and follow the path where it leads. I’ve learned to trust
myself when it comes to this stuff.
---

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Tetris has taught me that accomplishments disappear and mistakes pile up.

Re: Questionable Content: Semi-feral Scientist

<tug79n$248bu$5@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=9272&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#9272

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips,rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 15:26:13 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Fri, 10 Mar 2023 21:26 UTC

On 3/10/2023 6:18 AM, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:
> On 10 Mar 2023 at 03:58:10 GMT, "Freezer"
> <freezer88@hotSPAMTHISmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If I don't reply to this BCFD36 post, the terroists win.

>>> I think I worked with a few at NASA Ames. One should never
>>> have been found.
>>>

>> I hope Jeph is going for a cast herd type comic like Something
>> Positive. Moving everyone to Cubetown seems a bit too "We ran out
>> of ideas."
>>
>> Frankly I still think he should run with the idea of Marten as a
>> therapist. Maybe he could do that as a barista.
>
> From Jeph's latest Patreon post:
> ---
> I’ve seen some speculation that the comic is wrapping up- that is not
> the case. I have no plans to end QC. The comic has changed focus many
> times over the course of its lifespan. That’s what has kept it
> interesting for me, over all these years. Sending Marten and Claire to
> Cubetown looks to be just another one of those shifts. Which is funny,
> because the genesis of the whole idea was me thinking “you know, I
> barely do anything with Marten anymore, and he’s in a good place with
> Claire. It might be time to give them a ride into the sunset since they
> don’t seem to be the focus of my interest these days.” Then I started
> gathering all the threads together for this story, and suddenly Marten
> was fun to write again and I had a million ideas for Cubetown and welp I
> guess I accidentally an entire new setting, lol. That’s how it goes
> sometimes.
>
> I hesitate to make predictions about the future, because I often end up
> being wrong (see above), but so far I’m having fun switching between
> Cubetown and Northampton as the creative process calls for it. So I’m
> pretty sure I won’t be dumping Northampton as a setting, or moving the
> entire cast to Cubetown, or any of the other more far-fetched ideas I’ve
> seen floating around. I’m just going to keep writing comics like I
> always have, and follow the path where it leads. I’ve learned to trust
> myself when it comes to this stuff.
> ---
>
> Cheers - Jaimie

Yup, that is on today's post, #5,000. I did not realize that QC was
hitting 5,000 comics, very impressive. I have been reading since around
4,000 or so.
https://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=5000