Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2023 13:57:23 -0700 (PDT)
<431678b9-65d2-4905-869b-66865f504ae8@googlegroups.com> <34acd2e4-a14e-49ea-9066-e1f3f203ce75@googlegroups.com>
<7136e1fa-cc0f-4d7d-87fd-dd55f9083e04@googlegroups.com> <5491a5c0-e702-45d7-ba05-0e77a4da6e75@googlegroups.com>
<59ea131a-08af-4b83-bca7-f5cbc118bed4@googlegroups.com> <a2880ea2-be66-444c-8e98-879009b6f62b@googlegroups.com>
<f31c7c09-41b9-4d2c-9bdb-374bfb9ec29c@googlegroups.com> <35794a8d-fdde-46f9-b5f0-b9491f4080a9@googlegroups.com>
<96e3fbbd-04f8-4bc3-b83d-3576c2484294@googlegroups.com> <a1d6f624-458d-42e8-af02-e3649d4f5e0d@googlegroups.com>
<f65bf747-25d4-413b-aaac-e9d10c4956fd@googlegroups.com> <3840774d-25ef-4a0c-b377-7625f2e0253f@googlegroups.com>
<6233104c-5860-4d9d-b280-58a38b15563d@googlegroups.com> <9144ac22-8ec4-49ae-818e-4bd23aa93477@googlegroups.com>
<d53b314f-1dcb-4420-a50d-f836bfb0f4f1@googlegroups.com> <47f5b355-4de5-43ed-9002-607d8058eab2@googlegroups.com>
<5d8a54af-61c2-4ab0-bb15-113ac342eb27@googlegroups.com> <d86a8b19-4a57-45b2-a1e3-2af84d97649f@googlegroups.com>
<02e546df-febd-4f96-aedb-07249d1b249d@googlegroups.com> <075ea54d-3bd4-4f50-b751-ba6f42a8c26a@googlegroups.com>
<1e3172b1-5afb-4b7f-acf8-13f58b1e7112@googlegroups.com> <e38fd26f-16f7-4437-9381-376f29e30b4e@googlegroups.com>
<4518c14c-b3df-4940-9f59-fe66c50358b2@googlegroups.com> <b53b668d-2f6d-492d-bcf8-948be0999307@googlegroups.com>
<7731909b-c24d-4f87-a12e-ccb6d3b85e26@googlegroups.com> <7069910b-4d54-4a8c-9756-fa1b8d1e47a4@googlegroups.com>
<bfda0d55-e389-47a4-b8ae-6f00979bafb9@googlegroups.com> <3d55bdce-97ed-4ebd-b865-d4451bd54597@googlegroups.com>
<9accd1a5-d8ec-4c27-b427-26be535ca8ea@googlegroups.com> <18d894ca-9bda-42ce-80af-568065778dff@googlegroups.com>
<65cc8b3c-bc83-4d2c-8df8-e41a97411ca4@googlegroups.com> <a19731c6-a1f0-4345-8525-b03858b83a5d@googlegroups.com>
<193cfc60-9913-486b-8092-5809319dc516@googlegroups.com> <b745ba5e-8ddb-4192-8e7a-9af859350e10@googlegroups.com>
<2b6ef648-c3e7-4fff-be9d-c29f57bb1250@googlegroups.com> <8292ae41-eebc-484d-8c07-fba5d1ed2963@googlegroups.com>
<64d6c997-85de-426e-80e1-7987b6070f12@googlegroups.com> <9abcf625-4f11-451c-a54f-fbf8885c5751@googlegroups.com>
<8a31aaa7-f324-40a8-ab9c-8bd5820db9c8n@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Family Circus recycling - 2020 thread
From: cincy43...@yahoo.com (Brian Henke)
 by: Brian Henke - Tue, 14 Mar 2023 20:57 UTC

On Tuesday, March 14, 2023 at 12:45:59 AM UTC-4, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> Well folks, Lazy Jeffy has done it again.
> AA
> Once again, Jeffy has rehoo.com

---

orted to using a Family Circus gag that has been twice-recycled.

> The first appearance of this gag happened on March 7, 1978 and was used again on March 5, 2020 (with Thel's hair tweaked).
>
> BTW I'm still stunned the Cincinnati Post was okay with a seven-year-old boy using the word "sexy" while 15 years later they would drop Fox Trot because they used the word "Hell" (and that was 30 years ago this month!)
>
> And Jeffy does not like to admit that he's fresh out of new ideas. I wish there can be one newspaper out there that notices this.

AS for March 7, 1978, the Post (15 cents) told us that Old Man WInter wasn't done with the Tristate yet. Three more inches of snow were forecast Miami (Ohio) and Kentucky were going to play in the NCAA basketball tournament, but first they had to play their final regular season games the previous night - UK defeating Vanderbilt and Miami defeating Eastern Michigan. In theaters, Starship Invasions (which quickly landed on network TV). In the Post comics, Marcie told Peppermint Patty that she "should try eating a couple of eggs for breakfast, sir." Peppermint Patty wanted to know why eggs would might help her stay awake. She said later that a chicken hadn't fallen asleep. Marcie then said, "That's a joke, sir."

Cincy43235@yahoo.com

----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio