You have a strong appeal for members of your own sex.

arts / alt.games.warcraft / Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

SubjectAuthor
* Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Mike S.
+* Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Lewis
|`* Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Catriona R
| `* Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Lewis
|  `* Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Catriona R
|   `* Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Lewis
|    `- Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Catriona R
`* Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Catriona R
 +* Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Lewis
 |+- Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Mike S.
 |`- Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Catriona R
 `* Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Mike S.
  `- Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?Catriona R

1
Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<ttstmgllu839vqp88jjosapnvluc42kmg8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=83&group=alt.games.warcraft#83

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Subject: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 12:41:12 -0400
 by: Mike S. - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 16:41 UTC

I am currently playing WoW but only with my level 20 free trial
character at the moment. I hit the gold cap of 1000 gold. I already
bought all bank slots, crafting bank, and something called void
storage at the transmog place.

I will eventually activate the game of course and continue leveling my
character but I am not interested in doing that right now.

Can you think of something else I can buy with my gold that costs 1000
gold or less or did I cover everything already? I have no access to
the AH.

Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<slrnsmu9fq.2gg9.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=84&group=alt.games.warcraft#84

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2021 20:09:30 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Tue, 19 Oct 2021 20:09 UTC

In message <ttstmgllu839vqp88jjosapnvluc42kmg8@4ax.com> Mike S <Mike_S@nowhere.com> wrote:
> I am currently playing WoW but only with my level 20 free trial
> character at the moment. I hit the gold cap of 1000 gold. I already
> bought all bank slots, crafting bank, and something called void
> storage at the transmog place.

> I will eventually activate the game of course and continue leveling my
> character but I am not interested in doing that right now.

> Can you think of something else I can buy with my gold that costs 1000
> gold or less or did I cover everything already? I have no access to
> the AH.

Not really. Bags, of course, but you can't get very good bags from
vendors. I think the best vendor bags might still be in Shattrath sold
by the NPC named after Paris Hilton.

It's been a long time since I've been in Outland though, and my account
is not currently active (waiting until next month to do a month sub
after my new M1Pro machine arrives and the Anniversary event is on).

--
A Clean House Is A Sign Of A Misspent Life

Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<3muumglbh8teik327vi6rs4uekbq9uk72g@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=85&group=alt.games.warcraft#85

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 03:30:22 +0100
 by: Catriona R - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 02:30 UTC

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 12:41:12 -0400, Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>I am currently playing WoW but only with my level 20 free trial
>character at the moment. I hit the gold cap of 1000 gold. I already
>bought all bank slots, crafting bank, and something called void
>storage at the transmog place.
>
>I will eventually activate the game of course and continue leveling my
>character but I am not interested in doing that right now.
>
>Can you think of something else I can buy with my gold that costs 1000
>gold or less or did I cover everything already? I have no access to
>the AH.

Wow, they've increased the gold cap a bit if it's 1000 now, that helps
a lot. If you don't already have all the buyable mounts, you can
collect those (and companion pets, too) from each faction vendor you
have the required rep with. Which there can be quite a lot, as I'm
guessing with Chromie time you can access any expansion other than BFA
or Shadowlands? I heven't really played a lowbie since that came in
but there must be tons of content for you on a free account these
days.

There are a few cosmetic items you can collect which cost a fair chunk
of gold, for example the glasses sold by
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=179896/finn and
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=179897/canees , and some 500g shirts sold
by https://www.wowhead.com/npc=151042/skin-me-own-coat-dibblefur#sells
(who I didn't actually know existed, must go down there sometime!).
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=29491/karandonna also has one very
expensive shirt and a bunch of cheaper ones, and hers don't bind on
pickup, so you may even be able to sell on the AH for a profit when
you're subbed to the full game.

In general the cosmetic stuff isn't too useful unless you're
collecting it all, but it'll burn up some gold and unlock a few items
in the wardrobe if you do decide to become a collector - I have the
collecting habit and for me it's more interesting than much of the
live game, so it can be worthwhile!

How I found the above btw:
https://www.wowhead.com/items/armor/max-req-level:20?filter=92:186;1:1;0:0
- the filters being for items buyable with gold, and usable by up to
lvl 20. Not everything in there will be usable by you, at least a
couple look to be in expansions not in the starter account, while
others will require more reputation than you're likely to acquire with
some factions (or require you to be in a guild), but you may see a few
interesting things there.

Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<8rvumghnder1ov3ektf29pve4pk1n8gmol@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=86&group=alt.games.warcraft#86

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 03:52:07 +0100
 by: Catriona R - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 02:52 UTC

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 20:09:30 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>In message <ttstmgllu839vqp88jjosapnvluc42kmg8@4ax.com> Mike S <Mike_S@nowhere.com> wrote:
>> I am currently playing WoW but only with my level 20 free trial
>> character at the moment. I hit the gold cap of 1000 gold. I already
>> bought all bank slots, crafting bank, and something called void
>> storage at the transmog place.
>
>> I will eventually activate the game of course and continue leveling my
>> character but I am not interested in doing that right now.
>
>> Can you think of something else I can buy with my gold that costs 1000
>> gold or less or did I cover everything already? I have no access to
>> the AH.
>
>Not really. Bags, of course, but you can't get very good bags from
>vendors. I think the best vendor bags might still be in Shattrath sold
>by the NPC named after Paris Hilton.

Sadly her bags are all over the 1000g gold cap, I see there's a
https://www.wowhead.com/item=138293/explorers-pack for around 200g
though, filling all slots on both player and bank will use up a bit of
gold.

>It's been a long time since I've been in Outland though, and my account
>is not currently active (waiting until next month to do a month sub
>after my new M1Pro machine arrives and the Anniversary event is on).

Haven't been there for ages myself; I didn't get on well with TBC
classic, just wasn't my thing (sooo many group quests and dungeons,
while the guild I started vanilla Classic with changed out of all
recognition, so I'm pugging everything) so I went back to vanilla
classic, which is pretty dead since the crowd all moved to TBC.

The new seasonal restart will bring some back but I want to develop my
existing characters more than start over, oh well. At least most of
the changes they're making sound positive, if there must be changes
(I'm more a #nochanges person, but nerfing mage boosting and aoe
farming will probably have a positive effect on the levelling
experience).

I am currently subbed but not playing a lot, between the
not-so-interesting expansion and the drama at Blizzard, I'm not
holding interest like usual. Made worse by every new build for 9.1.5
removing more bits of flavour or humour that have been in the game
forever; while some changes are understandable under the
circumstances, it's getting silly now.

Not such a big deal that it'd bother me if I was enjoying the game
otherwise, but this is the second expansion in a row where I'm
spending more time in Classic than on live. And lately, more time in
ESO than in either. So piling even more negative vibes on top of an
already weak expansion is just... bleh. Glad we get three games for
the sub now or I'd probably have given it a break by now (and my sub
is unbroken for 14+ years so that's quite a big step).

Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<slrnsn08qp.g1u.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=87&group=alt.games.warcraft#87

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 14:10:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 14:10 UTC

In message <3muumglbh8teik327vi6rs4uekbq9uk72g@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 12:41:12 -0400, Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com>
> wrote:

>>I am currently playing WoW but only with my level 20 free trial
>>character at the moment. I hit the gold cap of 1000 gold. I already
>>bought all bank slots, crafting bank, and something called void
>>storage at the transmog place.
>>
>>I will eventually activate the game of course and continue leveling my
>>character but I am not interested in doing that right now.
>>
>>Can you think of something else I can buy with my gold that costs 1000
>>gold or less or did I cover everything already? I have no access to
>>the AH.

> Wow, they've increased the gold cap a bit if it's 1000 now, that helps
> a lot. If you don't already have all the buyable mounts, you can
> collect those (and companion pets, too) from each faction vendor you
> have the required rep with.

I don't think you can, isn't the rep capped on the trial accounts?

> Which there can be quite a lot, as I'm guessing with Chromie time you
> can access any expansion other than BFA or Shadowlands? I heven't
> really played a lowbie since that came in but there must be tons of
> content for you on a free account these days.

I believe you can access BFA on the trial account.

--
Over 3,500 gay marriages and, what, no hellfire? I was promise
hellfire. And riots. What gives? -- Mark Morford

Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<slrnsn08us.g1u.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=88&group=alt.games.warcraft#88

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 14:12:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 14:12 UTC

In message <8rvumghnder1ov3ektf29pve4pk1n8gmol@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 20:09:30 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
> <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>>In message <ttstmgllu839vqp88jjosapnvluc42kmg8@4ax.com> Mike S <Mike_S@nowhere.com> wrote:
>>> I am currently playing WoW but only with my level 20 free trial
>>> character at the moment. I hit the gold cap of 1000 gold. I already
>>> bought all bank slots, crafting bank, and something called void
>>> storage at the transmog place.
>>
>>> I will eventually activate the game of course and continue leveling my
>>> character but I am not interested in doing that right now.
>>
>>> Can you think of something else I can buy with my gold that costs 1000
>>> gold or less or did I cover everything already? I have no access to
>>> the AH.
>>
>>Not really. Bags, of course, but you can't get very good bags from
>>vendors. I think the best vendor bags might still be in Shattrath sold
>>by the NPC named after Paris Hilton.

> Sadly her bags are all over the 1000g gold cap,

Ah, sorry about that, I thought they were cheaper (but then again, it's
been years).

--
My idea of camping and roughing it is a Best Western with no pool.

Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<mnb0ng566j6gdfmh7cvldomu1ncs3sko6o@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=89&group=alt.games.warcraft#89

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 11:02:54 -0400
 by: Mike S. - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 15:02 UTC

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 14:10:33 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>I don't think you can, isn't the rep capped on the trial accounts?

I was able to max my Darnassus and Stormwind reps on the trial
account. Maybe non-classic reps are capped though.

Thank you Lewis and Catriona for replying.

Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<4hf0ngt72ci4kk5vt67mn2lijv34grb8dh@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=90&group=alt.games.warcraft#90

From: Mik...@nowhere.com (Mike S.)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 12:11:37 -0400
 by: Mike S. - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 16:11 UTC

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 03:30:22 +0100, Catriona R
<catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>In general the cosmetic stuff isn't too useful unless you're
>collecting it all, but it'll burn up some gold and unlock a few items
>in the wardrobe if you do decide to become a collector - I have the
>collecting habit and for me it's more interesting than much of the
>live game, so it can be worthwhile!

I don't really care for cosmetic stuff, but as you say, it is burning
through my gold which is all I wanted. Thank you again.

I also found an NPC in Stormwind named Lenny who I bought a toy off of
and another cosmetic item as well. Toys I do care about. I am going to
look for more of those to buy from NPCs.

Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<v6g0ngleodptto0km2pet4vt340l7p8f3m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=91&group=alt.games.warcraft#91

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 17:18:29 +0100
 by: Catriona R - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 16:18 UTC

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 14:12:44 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>In message <8rvumghnder1ov3ektf29pve4pk1n8gmol@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 20:09:30 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
>> <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>>>Not really. Bags, of course, but you can't get very good bags from
>>>vendors. I think the best vendor bags might still be in Shattrath sold
>>>by the NPC named after Paris Hilton.
>
>> Sadly her bags are all over the 1000g gold cap,
>
>Ah, sorry about that, I thought they were cheaper (but then again, it's
>been years).

I had to look it up! They were really really expensive for the time,
nowadays it's peanuts for high lvls with the inflation but I couldn't
remember the numbers till I went on wowhead lol, one was 1200g, close
but not quite.

Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<kdg0ngd78hcm768usca32kualnoll7t9ke@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=92&group=alt.games.warcraft#92

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 17:25:32 +0100
 by: Catriona R - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 16:25 UTC

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 14:10:33 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>In message <3muumglbh8teik327vi6rs4uekbq9uk72g@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 12:41:12 -0400, Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com>
>> wrote:
>
>>>I am currently playing WoW but only with my level 20 free trial
>>>character at the moment. I hit the gold cap of 1000 gold. I already
>>>bought all bank slots, crafting bank, and something called void
>>>storage at the transmog place.
>>>
>>>I will eventually activate the game of course and continue leveling my
>>>character but I am not interested in doing that right now.
>>>
>>>Can you think of something else I can buy with my gold that costs 1000
>>>gold or less or did I cover everything already? I have no access to
>>>the AH.
>
>> Wow, they've increased the gold cap a bit if it's 1000 now, that helps
>> a lot. If you don't already have all the buyable mounts, you can
>> collect those (and companion pets, too) from each faction vendor you
>> have the required rep with.
>
>I don't think you can, isn't the rep capped on the trial accounts?

Ooh, I hadn't heard of that one! Shows how long it is since I've
played on one lol. I do have a (formerly) lvl 20 on US servers that I
use for posting on their forums in beta tests (when they allow
European players into the US beta forum if we're in the beta), at one
point I was having fun maxing it as best I could but that was pre
level squish so there's way more options available to him now; there's
a project for when I'm in the right mood actually! Since EU and US
accounts are completely separated it's like a fresh start for
collections, would be fun to see how far I can progress.

>> Which there can be quite a lot, as I'm guessing with Chromie time you
>> can access any expansion other than BFA or Shadowlands? I heven't
>> really played a lowbie since that came in but there must be tons of
>> content for you on a free account these days.
>
>I believe you can access BFA on the trial account.

Even better then - I mixed that up completely! Definitely a fun
project to be had there, getting the best possible out of a trial
account :-)

Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<l0h0ng5i0vnd6e99glu41i7b3labekale8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=93&group=alt.games.warcraft#93

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 17:32:13 +0100
 by: Catriona R - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 16:32 UTC

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 12:11:37 -0400, Mike S. <Mike_S@nowhere.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 03:30:22 +0100, Catriona R
><catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>In general the cosmetic stuff isn't too useful unless you're
>>collecting it all, but it'll burn up some gold and unlock a few items
>>in the wardrobe if you do decide to become a collector - I have the
>>collecting habit and for me it's more interesting than much of the
>>live game, so it can be worthwhile!
>
>I don't really care for cosmetic stuff, but as you say, it is burning
>through my gold which is all I wanted. Thank you again.
>
>I also found an NPC in Stormwind named Lenny who I bought a toy off of
>and another cosmetic item as well. Toys I do care about. I am going to
>look for more of those to buy from NPCs.

Toys are fun! :-)
https://www.wowhead.com/items/side:1?filter=216:92:186;1:1:4;0:0:10000000#items;0+19+18
seems the best search I could come up with (if it shows all random
currencies, click on the "Cost" tab a couple of times till it sorts
the gold price to the top), I assume Stormwind means you're Alliance
so I filtered the Horde only; there's a lot of class specific though,
so might not be that many which are useful to you unless you have a
few alts.

Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<slrnsn15u8.1q6i.g.kreme@m1mini.local>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=94&group=alt.games.warcraft#94

From: g.kr...@kreme.dont-email.me (Lewis)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 22:27:20 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Lewis - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 22:27 UTC

In message <v6g0ngleodptto0km2pet4vt340l7p8f3m@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 14:12:44 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
> <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>>In message <8rvumghnder1ov3ektf29pve4pk1n8gmol@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Sadly her bags are all over the 1000g gold cap,
>>
>>Ah, sorry about that, I thought they were cheaper (but then again, it's
>>been years).

> I had to look it up! They were really really expensive for the time,
> nowadays it's peanuts for high lvls with the inflation but I couldn't
> remember the numbers till I went on wowhead lol, one was 1200g, close
> but not quite.

Does she have a faction? Maybe there was a faction discount? Or I am
just misremembering how much I paid more than a decade ago?

--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
"Uh, I think so Brain, but this time, you wear the tutu."

Re: Any idea on what I can spend my gold on when Free Trial capped?

<2fl1nglhb7jhbefafijjcs723bf5m0p4ku@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=95&group=alt.games.warcraft#95

From: catriona...@totalise.co.uk (Catriona R)
Newsgroups: alt.games.warcraft
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 03:55:18 +0100
 by: Catriona R - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 02:55 UTC

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 22:27:20 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
<g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>In message <v6g0ngleodptto0km2pet4vt340l7p8f3m@4ax.com> Catriona R <catrionar11NOSPAM@totalise.co.uk> wrote:
>> On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 14:12:44 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
>> <g.kreme@kreme.dont-email.me> wrote:

>>>Ah, sorry about that, I thought they were cheaper (but then again, it's
>>>been years).
>
>> I had to look it up! They were really really expensive for the time,
>> nowadays it's peanuts for high lvls with the inflation but I couldn't
>> remember the numbers till I went on wowhead lol, one was 1200g, close
>> but not quite.
>
>Does she have a faction? Maybe there was a faction discount? Or I am
>just misremembering how much I paid more than a decade ago?

That sent me hunting a bit, got me curious - apparently she originally
did at the start of TBC but it was removed before the bags were added,
so there was no faction discount for those. However there was a guild
perk later on (Cata+) which would give 10% off anything and that
apparently would have applied. My guild never got that high lvl for
that perk so I definitely never had it! Even 10% off makes it 1080g
anyway though.