Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected
programming
From: anim8r...@cox.net (anim8rfsk)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 17:21:40 -0700
 by: anim8rfsk - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 00:21 UTC

anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> wrote:
> Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Where the Crawdads Sing
>
> A woman who raised herself in the marshes of the Deep South becomes a

I’d rather watch Claudia Jennings is gator bait on shutter

> Saturday, Nov. 19
>

> The Holiday Swap (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Nobody gets UP

> Three Wise Men and a Baby (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Three brothers get the surprise of their lives when they are forced to work
> together and care for a baby over the holidays. Stars Paul Campbell, Tyler
> Hynes, Andrew Walker and Margaret Colin.

Margaret:? Really?

> Sunday, Nov. 20
>

> Christmas Lucky Charm (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)

Nobody gets you P but if they did they’d be magically delicious!

> My Favorite Christmas Tree (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)

It will always be GAC! To me

> A Waltons Thanksgiving (movie) (8 pm, CW)

The C dub must die

> The Walking Dead: Red Carpet Live (special) (8:30 pm, AMC)
>

> The Walking Dead (season 11 and series finale) (9 to 10:30 pm,
> AMC)

Set to record along with the talking Fred

> Artemis 1: Going Back To The Moon (special) (9 pm,
> Discovery Channel)

I’d watch it if I got it

> Talking Dead (season 10 finale) (10:30 pm, AMC)

Set to record along with the Walking Fred and the walking Fred red carpet

> Monday, Nov. 21
>

> Pounding Instincts [new to US; complete season 1] (3:01 am,
> Peacock)
>
> Spain's greatest surgeon, Alex, undergoes a transplant of his own with
> startling results. Able to see his donor's memories, he decides to
> investigate the causes of his donor's death, following clues he sees in
> flashbacks from his new heart. Along this extraordinary soul altering
> adventure, Alex encounters the people, both dangerous and benevolent, who
> may have been responsible for his donor's death, including a woman who
> helps rewrite his lease on life. Not on IMDb.

They used to remake this all the time as TV movies and TV show episodes in
the 70s

> Tuesday, Nov. 22
>

> Welcome to Chippendales [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Kumail Nanjiani stars as Steve Banerjee, the Indian immigrant

How can an Indian be an immigrant? I thought they were indigenous.

> Our Universe [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Narrated by Morgan Freeman, this six-part series takes viewers on a
> fascinating adventure to explore the connections that drive our natural
> world. From the birth of the Sun to the birth of a sea turtle, Our Universe
> uses groundbreaking animation to dramatize the spectacular celestial forces
> that generated our solar system, while modern camera and CGI technology
> bring the audience up close and personal with some of the most iconic,
> charismatic animals on Earth.

Will see if it’s on the new ad tier

> Trevor Noah:

Fuck no

> New Amsterdam (season 5 fall finale) (9 and 10 pm, two
> episodes, NBC)

No Freyma, no Mema

> Wednesday, Nov. 23
>

> Streaming:
>

> Wednesday [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Netflix's new Addams Family spinoff series centering on the high school
> years of the now-teenaged Wednesday Addams (Jenna
> Ortega) comes from Smallville creators Alfred Gough and Miles Millar and
> finds Tim Burton directing half of the eight episodes—

Well then I can’t watch

> Marvel Studios Legends: Drax & Mantis (special) (3:01 am,
> Disney+)
>
> https://thedirect.com/article/guardians-of-the-galaxy-holiday-special-characters-important

“Important”?

Might be the last thing I watch on Disney+

> Daddies on Request [Papás por Encargo] [new; complete season 1]
> (3:01 am, Disney+)
>
> California, a thirteen-year-old girl, and her three adoptive parents

Might be the last thing I don’t watch on Disney+

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Countdown to Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (special) (8-9 pm,
> NBC)

So the DVR should record anything with the word parade in it and yet it’s
finding nothing for next week.

> Thursday, Nov. 24
>

> Streaming:
>

> First Love [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)

No Susan Dey, no making hay!

🖤 The Noel Diary (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)

No well, no hell!

> Criminal Minds: Evolution [new; revival] (3:01 am,
> Paramount+)
>
> Evolution is a continuation of the CBS drama Criminal Minds, which ended
> its 15-season run in 2020. Returning cast members include Joe Mantegna,
> Paget Brewster, A.J. Cook, Aisha Tyler, Adam Rodriguez, and Kirsten
> Vangsness,

No Lola, no Show-la!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Thanksgiving Day Parade on CBS (special) (9 am to noon,
> CBS)

So the DVR should record anything with the word parade in it and yet it’s
finding nothing for next week.

> The 96th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (special) (9 am to
> noon, NBC)

So the DVR should record anything with the word parade in it and yet it’s
finding nothing for next week.

> Baking All the Way (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Julia Wilson, an accomplished pastry chef from Chicago, heads to a small
> town bakery famous for their gingerbread to complete her Christmas
> cookbook. There she finds herself at odds with Kris Thompson, the bakery’s
> charming but private owner, who is ambivalent about sharing his secret
> recipe. Stars Cory Lee and Yannick Bisson.

Whatever he’s doing and there is a mystery

> My Southern Family Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> When invited to cover a Pere Noel Christmas celebration in Louisiana,
> Campbell, a journalist, meets her estranged father and his new family for
> the first time. Stars Jaicy Elliot and Ryan Rottman, with Moira Kelly and
> Bruce Campbell.

Real actors in a hallmark Christmas movie?!?

> Friday, Nov. 25
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (special) (3:01
> am, Disney+)
>
> James Gunn writes and directs a one-off TV special based on the Marvel film
> series (and returning the Chris Pratt and Dave Bautista-led cast) that
> finds the Guardians heading to Earth to pick up a Christmas present.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYhFFQl4fLs

This might be the last thing I watch on Disney+

> The Hip Hop Nutcracker (special) (7 pm, Disney+)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRDGQZHsiGg

This might be the last thing I don’t watch on Disney+

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> #Xmas (movie) (6 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Bet my DVR search engine barfs on the #

> Christmas at the Drive-In (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)

It will always be GAC! To me!

> A property lawyer works to prove that her town's drive-in theater, a local
> institution, is not closed down at the holidays, finding romance with the
> very person who is trying to sell the property. Stars Danica McKellar

I still wish sshe’dmarried MacProbie on NCIS 0WM

> Rescuing a Fantasy Classic (special) (10:30 pm, TCM)
>
> A comprehensive and fascinating behind-the-scenes look at the restoration
> process of restoring 3-strip cinerama.
>
> https://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/2409955/rescuing-a-fantasy-classic

I will actually watch this.

> (end)