From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re:_Nov._19-25:_Robin’s_selected_programming
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 16:21:45 -0800
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 00:21 UTC

On 2022-11-19 22:48:09 +0000, anim8rfsk said:

> Nov. 19-25: Robin’s selected programming
>

> Already released:
>

> This film, which premiered in movie theaters in the US on July 15, was
> added to Netflix on Nov. 14 without a prior announcement:
>

> Where the Crawdads Sing
>
> A woman who raised herself in the marshes of the Deep South becomes a
> suspect in the murder of a man with whom she was once involved. Stars Daisy
> Edgar-Jones, Taylor John Smith, Harris Dickinson, David Strathairn, and
> Garret Dillahunt; 2h 5m.

Yep - plan to get to this tonight, probably.

> Saturday, Nov. 19
>

> The Holiday Swap (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> When two strangers mistakenly pick up the wrong piece of luggage at the
> airport, each must use the intriguing contents within to track down the
> other's whereabouts in time for Christmas. Stars Alex Paxton-Beesley and
> Morgan David Jones.

Damn - I like Paxton-Beesley, but there's no way I get to this tonight.

> Santa Bootcamp (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> When event planner Emily Strauss (Emily Kinney, The Walking Dead) is hired
> by mall magnate Ed Mancini (Patrick Cassidy, Castle) to stage the ultimate
> Christmas Gala for his most important investors, Emily finds herself being
> sent to bootcamp – Santa Bootcamp – to find the perfect Santa and the
> inspiration she will need to make the evening a success. While there, Emily
> meets Belle (Rita Moreno, West Side Story), the bootcamp’s drill sergeant
> with a heart of gold, who helps Emily rediscover the magic of Christmas and
> find romance along the way. Additional stars include Tony award winner
> Marissa Jaret Winokur, Justin Gaston, John Schuck, and deaf actors Deanne
> Bray and Zyra Singleton.

Ditto - I like Emily Kinney, but I don't plan to be watching Lifetime tonight!!

> Three Wise Men and a Baby (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Three brothers get the surprise of their lives when they are forced to work
> together and care for a baby over the holidays. Stars Paul Campbell, Tyler
> Hynes, Andrew Walker and Margaret Colin.

Oh, Margaret Colin is still around! Cool!!

> Christmas in Pine Valley (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> Natalie is the owner of a successful farm and home goods store that garners
> the attention of a major magazine. The magazine sends a reporter named Josh
> to profile Natalie's company thinking it's a family-run business. Little
> does he know that Natalie's business is run by her with the help of
> longtime family friends. Knowing how much the article will help struggling
> farm, Natalie must convince Josh that her "family" and Christmas traditions
> are all real. Stars Andrew Biernat and Kristina Cole.

Who the hell is Kristina Cole?!!
Exclusively, on the GAFfe channel!

> Long Lost Christmas (movie) (10 pm, Hallmark M&M)
>
> Interior designer Hayley plans to surprise her recently-widowed mother
> Patricia with the perfect holiday present: the extended family she knows
> her mom yearns for. Stars Taylor Cole and Benjamin Ayres.

Oh, Taylor Cole...

> Sunday, Nov. 20
>

> Seal Team (season 6 finale) (3:01 am, Paramount+)

NOBODY gets Pee+!!!

> Christmas Lucky Charm (movie) (7 pm, UPtv)
>
> Every boyfriend Jessica has had found the love of his life right after he
> dated her. Just as Jessica leans into her unlucky love life and swears off
> dating for the Christmas season, a handsome gallery owner moves in across
> the street. Stars Adrian Spencer and Sugenja Sri.

Who?!

> A Show-Stopping Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Riley Burdett is the artistic director of the Onota Theatre in Western
> Massachusetts. When Regina, the Scrooge-like owner of the theatre, breaks
> the news that she’s preparing to sell the property before the holiday
> performance, Riley must call upon the ghosts of Regina’s past, present, and
> future to change her mind. Meanwhile, a big TV star, Sam Palmer, has moved
> to the area to escape the craziness of Hollywood. Riley casts him as Bob
> Cratchit in A Christmas Carol and his star power, his cleverness, and his
> budding love for Riley helps her save the theatre…and steal her heart
> during this very special Christmastime. Stars Jamie Perez, Thomas McDonell,
> Maureen Keiller, and Caroline Portu.

I'd be more interested if Carolone Portu was the lead...

> When I Think of Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Sara Thompson returns to her hometown to help her mother move and is
> surprised to find her ex-boyfriend Josh Hartman is back home. The two had
> once planned a life in music together but Sara left to study law. The
> former flames slowly reconnect and try to heal wounds, both old and new.
> When Sara makes a surprising discovery, she and Josh forge a bold plan for
> the upcoming Christmas concert that will lead them all back to their
> musical roots and make this a holiday to remember. Stars · Beth Broderick,
> Niall Matter and Shenae Grimes-Beech.

I think this is the first work Shenae Grimes has done in 3-4 years.

I guess I'll try to remember to watch this...

> The Case of the Christmas Diamond (movie) (8 pm, Ion)
>
> Blue collar Andy (Kelly Daly, "The Night is Young") is a little nervous but
> thrilled when she is invited to her rich friend's estate for Christmas. But
> when the family matriarch's multi-million-dollar gem suddenly goes missing,
> she finds herself accused of the theft and at the center of the
> investigation led by Detective Billings (Billy Baldwin). With the help of a
> famous mystery writer, Andy must find the real culprit amid all the wealthy
> guests, all of whom have it out for her.

This sounds terrible, even for Ion!!

> My Favorite Christmas Tree (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> Kyla is a skilled genealogy researcher who's made a thriving business of
> putting together family trees. When she comes across new information
> regarding her mother's mysterious extended family, Kyla and her sister
> travel to the charming town of Conifer, hoping to piece together their
> ancestry. The search leads Kyla to a generations-old Christmas tree farm,
> its stubborn, handsome owner - and potentially, love. Stars Emma Johnson
> and Giles Panton.

Who?!

> A Waltons Thanksgiving (movie) (8 pm, CW)
>
> A follow-up to the highly successful THE WALTONS' HOMECOMING, the movie
> reunites the Walton family as they prepare for Thanksgiving in 1934. The
> Depression has affected everyone, but John Walton (Teddy Sears) has found a
> way to provide for his family through the farm and by picking up odd jobs
> from the eccentric Baldwin Sisters. It's also the time of year for the
> Annual Harvest Festival Fair, where carnival rides, talent shows and pie
> contests become the center of attention for the Waltons. As the story
> unfolds, John Boy (Logan Shroyer) learns the true meaning of taking
> responsibility, Mary Ellen (Marcelle LeBlanc) comes to understand patience
> and collaboration, Grandma (Rebecca Koon) finds that winning can be
> complicated, and Olivia (Bellamy Young) shares her healing heart with every
> other Walton family member - at a time when each of them need it most. And
> when a young boy enters the Waltons' world, everyone's life is changed in
> ways they could never have imagined - transformed forever through love,
> faith and kindness!

Oh, Gawd, no.

> The Walking Dead (season 11 and series finale) (9 to 10:30 pm,
> AMC)

It's finally over!!!

> Tuesday, Nov. 22
>

> Welcome to Chippendales [new] (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Kumail Nanjiani stars as Steve Banerjee, the Indian immigrant who founded
> the Chippendales male-stripping empire, in this eight-episode
> based-on-a-true-story limited series formerly titled Immigrant. The show
> features a strong cast that also includes Murray Bartlett, Dan Stevens,
> Annaleigh Ashford, Robin De Jesús, Andrew Rannells, and Juliette Lewis. Two
> episodes stream today and the rest stream one weekly.

This is the kind of thing I would watch, if I had time. But I almost
certainly don't have the time for it...

> New Amsterdam (season 5 fall finale) (9 and 10 pm, two
> episodes, NBC)
>
> Returns with a single episode on Jan. 3 and a double-episode series finale
> on Jan. 17.

It's 5 seasons too late!!

> Wednesday, Nov. 23
>

> Streaming:
>

> Wednesday [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> Netflix's new Addams Family spinoff series centering on the high school
> years of the now-teenaged Wednesday Addams (Jenna
> Ortega) comes from Smallville creators Alfred Gough and Miles Millar and
> finds Tim Burton directing half of the eight episodes—marking the latter's
> first TV work since a 1986 episode of Faerie Tale Theatre. Much of the
> action takes place at Wednesday's school, Nevermore Academy, where she will
> confront the supernatural mystery plaguing her family and attempt to stop a
> killing spree in the local town. Gwendoline Christie, Riki Lindhome, Jamie
> McShane, and Percy Hynes White also star, while Catherine Zeta-Jones and
> Luis Guzmán will recur as Morticia and Gomez Addams, respectively, and Fred
> Armisen plays Uncle Fester. Also appearing is Christina Ricci, who played
> Wednesday in a pair of 1990s Addams Family films but will be portraying a
> new character in the series.

I'll at least sample this. Just don't know when...

> Marvel Studios Legends: Drax & Mantis (special) (3:01 am,
> Disney+)
>
> https://thedirect.com/article/guardians-of-the-galaxy-holiday-special-characters-important

Oh, is this in advance of the GotG X-Mas special?

> Pitch Perfect: Bumper in Berlin [new; complete season 1]
> (3:01 am, Peacock)
>
> Created by Megan Amram (The Good Place), this spinoff from the Pitch
> Perfect film franchise centers on Adam DeVine's Bumper Allen, who moves to
> Germany in an attempt to revive his career after one of his songs becomes
> an unexpected hit in that country. Also returning from the films is fan
> favorite Flula Borg (as Pieter Krämer, now Bumper's manager), while
> newcomers include Jameela Jamil, Sarah Hyland, and Lera Abova. Six
> episodes; English-language series. The first two episodes will also be
> broadcast on NBC at 10 pm on Monday, Nov. 28.

This, OTOH, I'll likely be passing on.

> Thursday, Nov. 24
>

> Streaming:
>

> Holiday Harmony (movie) (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> Singer/songwriter Gail (Annelise Cepero)

Who?!

> lands an opportunity to compete
> for a once-in-a-lifetime shot at the big time, and heads cross country­only
> getting as far as Harmony Springs, Oklahoma when her ride, her budget and
> all her hopes are stalled. With just two weeks to get to the iHeartRadio
> Christmas Eve performance of her dreams, she takes the advice of local
> Jack-of-all-trades, Jeremy (Jeremy Sumpter), and takes on a group of misfit
> kids hoping to perform in a Christmas Eve Gala of their own. Gail and
> Jeremy grow close, but if she’s going to fulfill her lifelong dream, she
> may have to leave him and the town she’s grown to love behind.
>

> Love, Lizzo (documentary) (3:01 am, HBO Max)
>
> Every once in a while, an artist changes not only music, but culture as
> well. Lizzo has done both. This is the journey of a trailblazing superstar
> who has become the movement the world desperately needed just by being
> herself. The HBO Max documentary LOVE, LIZZO shares the inspirational story
> behind her humble beginnings to her meteoric rise with an intimate look
> into the moments that shaped her hard-earned rise to fame, success, love
> and international stardom.

Something for BTR and Amin!!

> Criminal Minds: Evolution [new; revival] (3:01 am,
> Paramount+)
>
> Evolution is a continuation of the CBS drama Criminal Minds, which ended
> its 15-season run in 2020. Returning cast members include Joe Mantegna,
> Paget Brewster, A.J. Cook, Aisha Tyler, Adam Rodriguez, and Kirsten
> Vangsness, while new faces include Zach Gilford. The first two (of 10)
> episodes stream today—episode one will also air on CBS at 10 pm
> tonight—while additional episodes will arrive one per week on Thursdays
> through Dec. 15, and then from Jan. 12 through Feb. 9.

NOBODY gets Pee+!!

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> Baking All the Way (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Julia Wilson, an accomplished pastry chef from Chicago, heads to a small
> town bakery famous for their gingerbread to complete her Christmas
> cookbook. There she finds herself at odds with Kris Thompson, the bakery’s
> charming but private owner, who is ambivalent about sharing his secret
> recipe. Stars Cory Lee and Yannick Bisson.

Yeah, no....

> My Southern Family Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> When invited to cover a Pere Noel Christmas celebration in Louisiana,
> Campbell, a journalist, meets her estranged father and his new family for
> the first time. Stars Jaicy Elliot and Ryan Rottman, with Moira Kelly and
> Bruce Campbell.

Hmmm...

> Friday, Nov. 25
>

> Streaming:
>

> The Lost Patient [Le patient] (movie) (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> After waking up from a coma with no memory of the night when his entire
> family was murdered three years earlier, a young man and his psychiatrist
> try to untangle the truth. French film; 1h 32m.

Too bad this isn't English language...

> Broadcast and cable:
>

> #Xmas (movie) (6 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> When Jen gets the chance to enter a brand’s design contest, she poses as a
> family influencer, enlisting the help of her best friend, Max, and her baby
> nephew. When her video is selected as a finalist, Jen is torn on whether to
> go on with her perfect “family” or reveal the truth. Stars Clare Bowen and
> Brant Daugherty.

Meh...

> A Royal Corgi Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> Prince Edmond hopes to win his mother's love back with the gift of an
> adorable but unruly corgi. He hires American dog trainer Cecily to make the
> corgi presentable for the annual Christmas ball. Stars Hunter King and
> Jordan Renzo.

Maybe...

> Steppin' Into the Holiday (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Former Broadway star Billy Holiday returns to his hometown for Christmas
> after being abruptly fired as the host-producer-judge of the hit TV series
> “Celebrity Dance Off.” While there, he encounters Rae, the charismatic
> owner of the local dance studio, where Billy’s 12-year-old nephew is her
> standout student. This Christmas Rae is planning a dance recital fundraiser
> with the goal of taking her students to see a Broadway show in New York
> City. Billy volunteers to help Rae with the recital by reviving the town’s
> traditional Christmas Eve show which was once a showcase for local talent.
> With Billy’s knack for producing and Rae’s knowledge of all things local,
> their collaboration clicks, and romantic sparks start flying! Stars Mario
> Lopez, Jana Kramer, Terri Hoyos, Carla Jimenez, Enzo Rodriguez, Stefanie
> Black, Courtney Mazza, Cheri Oteri, Mario Cantone, and Alicia Haymer.

[roll]

> Fatal Family Reunion (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Following news of her stepmother’s death, Sloane returns to her family
> manor for the first time since she left years ago. She is greeted by her
> brother, David, their housekeeper, Wendy, and her selfish stepsiblings,
> Blake and Lexi. When the family’s will reveals that Lexi is the majority
> inheritor, Blake is outraged, and mysterious deaths begin to occur.
> Determined to figure out what is happening to her family, Sloane uncovers a
> dark secret that could mean the end of her family as she knows it. Stars
> Alexandra Augustine, Brett Geddes, and Stephanie Herrera.

Sure, maybe.

> Christmas at the Drive-In (movie) (8 pm, Great American
> Family)
>
> A property lawyer works to prove that her town's drive-in theater, a local
> institution, is not closed down at the holidays, finding romance with the
> very person who is trying to sell the property. Stars Danica McKellar and
> Neal Bledsoe.

[roll]

> (end)

SubjectRepliesAuthor