From: no_offli...@example.com (Rhino)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses
They/Them Pronouns
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 15:53:38 -0400
 by: Rhino - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 19:53 UTC

On 2023-03-19 2:55 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <B1GRL.1118592$Tcw8.487568@fx10.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/18/2023 9:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I don't know. I haven't conducted an exhaustive survey of all the
>>> pre-Musk Wuhan Flu censorship at Twitter, but it was inarguably florid.
>>>
>>> However, whether it actually happened isn't the point. The Stanford crew
>>> was advocating for shutting up anyone who objected to a "Papers please"
>>> society and you're apparently cool with that here while taking the
>>> opposite position in another thread.
>>
>> Without punctiliously un-peeling past dialogue and its numerous
>> mis/interpretations, suffice to say that my version of censorship is
>> unchanged: it's the suppression of the availability of ideas.
>>
>> I.e., 'free speech' not 'free screech'.
>
> Yes, and my evaluation of it also remains unchanged: thank god you have
> no actual say in circumscribing the depth and breadth of our guaranteed
> freedoms.

Indeed! Movie Pig supports "free speech" (i.e. any speech he agrees
with) enthusiastically and condemns "free screech" (any speech he
disagrees with) and seeks to have it kept from those who might hear it.
He'll never put it that way, seeking to bury his musings in his standard
bafflegab, but that's what he means.

--
Rhino

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

By: Ubiquitous on Fri, 17 Mar 2023

44Ubiquitous