I'd just as soon kiss a Wookie. -- Princess Leia Organa

arts / rec.arts.tv / Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

<pOKRL.139578$eRZ7.14476@fx06.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=179369&group=rec.arts.tv#179369

Subject: Re: Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses
They/Them Pronouns
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 17:05:25 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:05 UTC

On 3/19/2023 2:55 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> In article <B1GRL.1118592$Tcw8.487568@fx10.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/18/2023 9:28 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> I don't know. I haven't conducted an exhaustive survey of all the
>>> pre-Musk Wuhan Flu censorship at Twitter, but it was inarguably florid.
>>>
>>> However, whether it actually happened isn't the point. The Stanford crew
>>> was advocating for shutting up anyone who objected to a "Papers please"
>>> society and you're apparently cool with that here while taking the
>>> opposite position in another thread.
>>
>> Without punctiliously un-peeling past dialogue and its numerous
>> mis/interpretations, suffice to say that my version of censorship is
>> unchanged: it's the suppression of the availability of ideas.
>>
>> I.e., 'free speech' not 'free screech'.
>
> Yes, and my evaluation of it also remains unchanged: thank god you have
> no actual say in circumscribing the depth and breadth of our guaranteed
> freedoms.

Got a concise example of "free speech" I'd wrongheadedly disallow?

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Netflix Cancels Kids Show Featuring Non-Binary Bison Who Uses They/Them Pronouns

By: Ubiquitous on Fri, 17 Mar 2023

44Ubiquitous