From: art...@alum.calberkeley.org (Arthur Lipscomb)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? May 29 2023 (Monday)
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 22:57:23 -0700
 by: Arthur Lipscomb - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 05:57 UTC

On 5/30/2023 9:16 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:
> Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> THERE she is!
>>>
>>> And what’s this “friends“ nonsense? They were… Dare I say it… Snuggle
>>> bunnies!
>>>

>>> Osiris claim a seat at the

>>> They may have complete faith in their initial dampeners.

>>> Great. Now I’m hungry.

>> Are the initials P.D.?
>>
>> The poison in this and the first
>>>
>>> And Shanks is the guy who refuses to use a Zat because he thinks it looks
>>> too much like a penis.
>>>

>>> *eyeroll* They discuss how important mythology
>>>>

>>> Speaking of looking too much like a penis, I joined a STARGATE group on the
>>> Facebook. There must’ve been a recent convention or something because
>>> people are posting pictures they had taken with various cast members. Jack
>>> looks old and unkempt. Sam looks great! Shanks is unrecognizable. And
>>> apparently he and tealc hate each other.
>>
>> Details?!?
>
> Facebook stargate group. Comment made on cast photos. I went back and tried
> to find it but there are hundreds of comments on any photo people had taken
> with the cast.
>
> Here’s a link to a now and then photo.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10222017119045287&set=gm.10160930949933713&type=3&mibextid=S66gvF
>
> I couldn’t find the photo with Sam and Jack and Ben Browder, which is the
> one I think had the comment about Daniel and Teal’c.
>

>> Browder has held up well.

Not as well as Amanda Tapping!

>>> That movie apparently being EARTHSTORM!

>>> This is disturbing Lee similar to the solution when they had to toss the
>>> Stargate into hyper space before it exploded.
>>>

>>> What?

>>> So only terrible shows have bathrooms.
>>>

>> I watched:
>>
>> Close Encounters of the Third Kind (4K disc) 1977 sci-fi movie directed
>> by Steven Spielberg about a man (Richard Dreyfuss) who has a mental
>> breakdown after meeting an Extra-Terrestrial. The disc has 3 different
>> versions of the movie, and I had no idea which version to watch but
>> according to the internet The director's cut is the only version worth
>> watching so that's the version I watched.
>
> Oh dear. I love CE3K. But with the exception of a couple of added effects
> shots, the Director‘s cut is an abomination. I think it got made while
> Spielberg was getting divorced, and he went misogynistic on it.

But the internet said! Are you telling me the internet lied? I guess
an alternate version might explain the movie's popularity, because I
really wasn't feeling the director's cut. Although I've never been much
of a fan of the movie to begin with.

Does one of the other cuts explain *why* Dreyfus and the other people
became obsessed? Or why the kid (and others) were targeted for abductions?

>> E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (4K disc) 1982 sci-fi movie directed by
>> Steven Spielberg about a boy (Henry Thomas) who has a Close Encounter of
>> the Third Kind. As far as I can tell the plot involves aliens sending a
>> military scout party to test out their biological weapons on a human
>> child. The evil alien tricks a group of gullible children into helping
>> it. The gullible kids actually believe these aliens "forgot" one of
>> their own when they left. What, these creatures can invent faster than
>> light travel, but they can't count? Fortunately, these hostile aliens
>> are chased off the planet by the U.S. government, but not before the
>> "forgotten" enemy scout can "phone home" and relay Earth's defensive
>> capabilities to the invasion force. This is one of the first movies I
>> remember going to see in the theater when I was a kid, and I remember
>> the creepy monster scared me. I still remember being scared to turn the
>> lights off for fear the monster would jump out of my closet and get me.
>> This horror film was *not* meant for children! I'll never understand
>> why it was marketed that way. I doubt there's a child alive who saw
>> this when it first came out and didn't have nightmares.
>
> I hate this movie. It’s the exact point when Spielberg movies stopped being
> good.
>

>> American Born Chinese (Disney+) "What Guy Are You" and "A Monkey on a
>> Quest" - I forgot to mention I watched the first episode the other day,
>> then episode 2 last night. This series (which shares a chunk of the
>> same cast with "Everything Everywhere All at Once" is about a modern day
>> high school kid who gets caught up in a power struggle being waged by
>> supernatural beings. First up the son of the Monkey King is hiding out
>> on Earth pretending to be a human teenager and he befriends the lead
>> character because he believes the human will help him on a quest. So
>> far the human kid doesn't know what's going on yet.
>>

> Ob Veeus tried to convince me to watch this just this morning.

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o What Did You Watch? May 29 2023 (Monday)

By: Dimensional Traveler on Tue, 30 May 2023

11Dimensional Traveler