From: IJB...@mac.invalid (Ian J. Ball)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:31:47 -1000
 by: Ian J. Ball - Sun, 31 Mar 2024 00:31 UTC

On 2024-03-30 22:13:22 +0000, Robin Miller said:

> CBS news
>

> ‘NCIS: Origins’ Prequel Adds Tyla Abercrumbie & Diany Rodriguez To Cast
> (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/ncis-origins-prequel-tyla-abercrumbie-diany-rodriguez-1235868186/

Pass.

> NBC news
>

> ‘Chicago Fire’ Adds Jocelyn Hudon To Season 12 (March 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/chicago-fire-jocelyn-hudon-cast-season-12-1235871911/

Wow. This is really quite incredible. Good choice to replace Kilmer.
Definitely increases the odds I'll watch "Fire" now, esp. if she sticks
around beyond season #12.

> Cable channel news
>

> ‘Orphan Black: Echoes’ Gets Premiere Date At AMC & AMC+ (March 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/orphan-black-echoes-premiere-date-amc-krysten-ritter-1235872059/
>

> ["Created by Anna Fishko, set in the near future, 'Orphan Black:
> Echoes' takes a deep dive into the exploration of the scientific
> manipulation of human existence. It follows a group of women as they
> weave their way into each other’s lives and embark on a thrilling
> journey, unravelling the mystery of their identity and uncovering a
> wrenching story of love and betrayal. Krysten Ritter plays Lucy, a
> woman with an unimaginable origin story, trying to find her place in
> the world"; premiere is Sunday, June 23]

Someone can tell me if this is any good, as I ain't watching. (FTR, I
thought the original "Orphan Black" was a mess, which Maslany's
performance couldn't make up for...)

> Sterlin Harjo’s FX Drama Pilot Adds 8 Including Keith David, Jeanne
> Tripplehorn & Kyle Maclachlan (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-sensitive-kind-sterlin-harjos-fx-pilot-keith-david-jeanne-tripplehorn-kyle-maclachlan-cast-1235868980/
>

> ["Sterlin Harjo‘s FX pilot The Sensitive Kind has added 8 actors to
> star alongside executive producer and lead Ethan Hawke. ... The
> Sensitive Kind is a Tulsa noir about a guy (Hawke) who knows too much.
> Roles for the newly added cast are being kept under wraps."]

Maybe...

> ‘Earth Abides’: MGM+ Greenlights Limited Series Adaptation Of George R.
> Stewart Sci-Fi Novel (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/earth-abides-mgm-greenlights-limited-series-adaptation-george-r-stewart-sci-fi-novel-1235868087/
>

> [" The six-episode limited series will star Alexander Ludwig (Vikings)
> as Ish; production will begin in Vancouver on April 8. Earth Abides is
> slated to premiere on MGM+ in late 2024. When a plague of unprecedented
> virulence sweeps the globe, the human race is all but wiped out. In the
> aftermath, as the great machine of civilization slowly and inexorably
> breaks down, only a few shattered survivors remain to struggle against
> the slide into extinction."]

Definitely interested in this. Too bad it's stuck on MGM+ - hopefully
Amazon Prime will rescue it.

> ‘Euphoria’ Season 3 Shoot Delayed, HBO Series Still Targeting 2025
> Return (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/euphoria-season-3-delayed-premiere-hbo-1235867238/

I still maintain this show will never see a season #3.

> Streaming service news--Apple TV+
>

> ‘Invasion’ Rounds Out Season 3 Cast With Ashton Sanders & Eric Lange (March 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/invasion-season-3-cast-ashton-sanders-eric-lange-1235871794/

F***! Eric Lange means that I may have to watch this show!! [cries]

> Elisabeth Moss & Kerry Washington To Star In ‘Imperfect Women’ Series
> Adaptation At Apple From Annie Weisman (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/imperfect-women-elisabeth-moss-kerry-washington-apple-tv-1235868624/
>

> ["The book tells the story of Nancy Hennessy, who is murdered and
> leaves behind two best friends, an adoring husband and daughter, and a
> secret lover whose identity she took to the grave. Nancy was gorgeous,
> wealthy, and cherished by those who knew her—from the outside, her life
> was perfect. But as the investigation into her death flounders and her
> friends Eleanor and Mary wrestle with their grief, dark details surface
> that reveal how little they knew their friend, each other, and maybe
> even themselves."]

Pass.

> ‘The Last Thing He Told Me’ Renewed For Second Season By Apple TV+ (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-last-thing-he-told-me-renewed-second-season-apple-tv-1235866354/
>

> ["Apple TV+ has picked up a second season of The Last Thing He Told Me,
> which will be based on the forthcoming sequel to the bestselling novel
> by Laura Dave. ... Season 2 will expand the story, with stars Jennifer
> Garner, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Angourie Rice and David Morse set to
> reprise their roles. The thriller from 20th Television and Reese
> Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine follows Hannah Hall (Garner), who must
> forge a relationship with her 16-year-old stepdaughter Bailey (Rice) in
> order to find the truth about why her husband has mysteriously
> disappeared."]

[sigh...] This is just not the kind of show I have time for!

> Streaming service news--Hulu
>

> ‘Under The Bridge’ Trailer: Lily Gladstone & Riley Keough Search For A
> Killer In Hulu Series (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/video/under-the-bridge-trailer-lily-gladstone-riley-keough-hulu/
>

> ["Hulu has dropped the official trailer for Under the Bridge, its
> upcoming eight-episode limited series starring Lily Gladstone, Riley
> Keough and Archie Panjabi, ahead of its April 17 premiere. Under the
> Bridge is based on Rebecca Godfrey’s book about the 1997 true story of
> 14-year old Reena Virk who went to join friends at a party and never
> returned home. Through the eyes of Godfrey (Keough) and a local police
> officer (Gladstone), the series takes us into the hidden world of the
> young girls accused of the murder — revealing startling truths about
> the unlikely killer, per the official description."]

Crap. I will probably want to watch this...

> Streaming service news--Netflix
>

> [snip]

F*** Netflix!

> Streaming service news--Paramount+
>

> Paramount+ Removes 10 Nickelodeon Titles Including ‘Blue’s Clues &
> You!’ & ‘Rugrats’ Series (March 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/paramount-plus-removes-nickelodeon-titles-blues-clues-and-you-rugrats-1235871181/

F*** Paramount!

(And more proof that Paramount is basically bankrupt. I mean what other
reason do they have for removing "That Girl Lay-Lay"?!!)

> Streaming service news--Peacock
>

> Ariana Madix Officially Replaces Sarah Hyland As Host Of ‘Love Island’
> (March 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/ariana-madix-love-island-usa-1235871740/

[roll]

> NFL Slates September Game In Brazil, Streaming Exclusively On Peacock
> (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/nfl-2024-season-brazil-streaming-peacock-prime-video-1235868694/
>

>:|

> Elizabeth Banks & Matthew Macfadyen Headline & EP ‘The Miniature Wife’
> Dramedy Series Ordered By Peacock From Media Res (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/elizabeth-banks-matthew-macfadyen-the-miniature-wife-comedy-peacock-media-res-1235867664/
>

> ["Based on the short story written by Manuel Gonzalez, The Miniature
> Wife is a high-concept marital dramedy examining the power (im)balances
> between spouses, Lindy (Banks) and Les (Macfadyen), who battle each
> other for supremacy after a technological accident induces the ultimate
> relationship crisis."]

Uh....?...

> Streaming service news--Prime Video
>

> Louis Landau Joins Prime Video’s Spy Thriller ‘Butterfly’ As Series
> Regular (March 27)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/butterfly-tv-series-adds-louis-landau-to-cast-1235869792/
>

> ["Co-created by Ken Woodruff (The Mentalist, Gotham) and novelist Steph
> Cha, Butterfly explores complex family dynamics within the treacherous
> world of global espionage."]

Any relation to the other Landaus?...

> ‘The Terminal List: Dark Wolf’ Adds Robert Wisdom, Shiraz Tzarfati &
> Rona-Lee Shim’on (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-terminal-list-dark-wolf-cast-robert-wisdom-shiraz-tzarfati-rona-lee-shimon-1235868764/
>

> ["Co-created by The Terminal List author Jack Carr and Season 1
> creator-showrunner David DiGilio, the prequel, set five years before
> the mothership series The Terminal List, is an elevated espionage
> thriller that takes viewers on Ben Edwards’ (Taylor Kitsch) journey
> from Navy SEAL to CIA paramilitary operator, exploring the darker side
> of warfare and the human cost that comes with it."]

Looking forward to this.

> Streaming service news--Other services
>

> ‘Gordita Chronicles’ Gets Second Life At Tubi (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/gordita-chronicles-tubi-1235868787/

OK.

#2 for a Netflix show like this is not good. Would not shock me if they
pull the plug. (It's their M.O.!)

> The business of TV
>

> Paramount Global Credit Rating Cut To Junk Status By S&P Due To
> “Downside Ratings Pressure” On Its TV Business (March 27)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/paramount-global-credit-rating-cut-to-junk-tv-decline-1235869971/

They're toast!!

> Hulu-Disney+ Bundle Officially Launches As Unified Service; Company
> Says Viewing During Three-Month Beta Exceeded Its Expectations (March
> 27)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/hulu-disney-plus-streaming-bundle-launch-1235869143/

Hulu tab on Disney+ app is still *crap* - you cannot search by
categoies like 'Movie' or 'TV' there.

As long as this is true, I will mostly be using the Hulu app.

> BBC Commissioned Half Of All UK TV Scripted Shows Last Year, Ampere
> Research Finds (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/bbc-scripted-research-ampere-analysis-1235867117/

Well, if BBC goes away, I guess the UK TV industry is hosed!!

> SAG-AFTRA Sets Stage For Network Code Talks Covering Reality Series &
> Game Shows Including ‘The Voice’ & ‘Jeopardy!’ (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/sag-aftra-2024-contract-renewal-1235867480/

It does not sound like they intend to strike...

> Obituaries
>

> Chance Perdomo Dies: ‘Gen V’ Star Was 27 (March 30)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/chance-perdomo-dead-1235872414/

Important enough to post to RAT separately.

> Louis Gossett Jr. Dies: ‘Roots’, ‘An Officer And A Gentleman’ Actor Was
> 87 (March 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/louis-gossett-jr-dead-1235871504/
>

> Jennifer Leak Dies: ‘Yours, Mine And Ours’ Actress And Soap Star For
> ‘The Guiding Light’, ‘The Young And The Restless’ And ‘Another World’
> Was 76 (March 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/jennifer-leak-dead-soap-star-guiding-light-young-and-the-restless-another-world-was-76-obituary-1235871394/

Love how the article had no info on her Y&R role. It turns out it looks
like it was in the early 70s, before I started watching Y&R (as a
child).

> Other News
>

> Arnold Schwarzenegger Shares Photo Of His “Pacemaker,” Says He’ll Be
> Ready To Shoot ‘FUBAR’ Season 2 Next Month (March 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/arnold-schwarzenegger-pacemaker-photo-1235871224/

Did anyone here finish "FUBAR"?...

> ‘Industry,’ ‘Fargo,’ ‘Pretty Little Liars: Summer School’ & More Panels
> Set For 2024 ATX TV Fest (March 27)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/industry-fargo-pretty-little-liars-panels-2024-atx-tv-fest-1235869229/
>

> ["ATX Television Festival is an annual event based in Austin, Texas,
> that celebrates and showcases the past, present, and future of the
> television industry." Season 13 of the festival runs from May 30 to
> June 2, 2024 in Austin, TX. https://atxfestival.com/]

I was starting to wonder if the PLL spinoff would ever release that
latest season!

> ‘Leverage’ Star Gina Bellman Reveals Her Cancer Diagnosis (March 24)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/leverage-star-gina-bellman-reveals-cancer-diagnosis-1235866960/

Ouch. :(

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o TV news for March 24-30, 2024