From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.sf.fandom,uk.media.tv.sf.drwho,rec.arts.tv,can.arts.sf,rec.arts.sf.tv
Subject: Re: Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:37:06 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:37 UTC

In article <ul9dbu$3khib$1@dont-email.me>,
Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>Dorothy J Heydt wrote on 12/12/23 4:26 pm:
>> In article <uksbrm$as0$1@gallifrey.nk.ca>,
>> The Doctor <doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote:

>(hence the tag). At
>Dorothy passed

>>> As in C, COBOL, Fortran, Pascal, BASIC ...
>>
>> [Hal Heydt]
>> I *can* write in C, though not well. I spent a lot of years
>> writing in COBOL, and I can make it do things that aren't always
>> meant to be possible. FORTRAN is kind of rusty. I started with
>> FORTAN II and later got FORTRAN IV (pretty easy transition).
>> Never learned Pascal. BASIC I get by in because I knew FORTRAN.
>> Also learned and/or used a number of assembly languages... SPS
>> IID, Autocoder, ALC (aka BAL), COMPASS. (Points to those that
>> can identify the machines or operating system those apply to.)
>>
>> Also got reasonably decent with SQL, which might or might not be
>> considered a "laungauge".
>>
>> And then there's there other stuff like RPG and some similar
>> languages whose names I've forgotten. And the languages that I
>> learned at one point and now can't even recall the names of. Ah,
>> yes... ALGOL was one of them.
>>
>In the late 80's/early 90's, I did (little bits of) BASIC, Fortran and
>Pascal programing. Some writing in '1' and 'none' i.e. 'Zero' which then
>got compiled on to Intel 8085, Zilog Z80 or Motorola 6809 CPU's and I
>also taught basic/simple programing on those CPU's.

C onward should be the standard.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Doctor Who's Davros reinvention is crucial for disabled fans

By: The Doctor on Tue, 21 Nov 2023

239The Doctor