Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 15:59:22 -0400
From: akwolf...@zoho.com (Wolffan)
Subject: Re: Recently Read - "Two Dooms"
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
References: <20160617a@crcomp.net> <587d392e-0a01-45c0-a7c7-dda2aa53ef4bn@googlegroups.com> <rAz1n9.1spA@kithrup.com> <tcri6h5mhf09u9nfeks8fsqu4rd6n2kn0v@4ax.com> <rB0Gzn.1MIF@kithrup.com> <3sdl6htceahasd2451bgop1mqbe69smmg3@4ax.com> <b33383ab-38b4-43ee-86be-64edc7534510n@googlegroups.com> <robertaw-812DC9.21543628042022@news.individual.net> <bc8240cf-7667-465c-b756-43532c9bcdb0n@googlegroups.com> <koctji-rfm.ln1@paranoia.mcleod-schmidt.id.au>
 by: Wolffan - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 19:59 UTC

On 29 Apr 2022, Gary R. Schmidt wrote
(in article<koctji-rfm.ln1@paranoia.mcleod-schmidt.id.au>):

> On 30/04/2022 00:35, pete...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Friday, April 29, 2022 at 12:54:42 AM UTC-4, Robert Woodward wrote:

> > > Let's include humans who claim non-binary gender in a pre-1970 story to
> > > my challenge (I wonder if somebody will cite a Theodore Sturgeon title).
> > > There are ambiguous names; i.e., "Kim called. <pronoun> want to play you
> > > at chess" (Kipling's character was male, I know of several female Kims).
> >
> > I deliberately picked 'Marion' because its ambiguous. Not only MZB, but also
> > Marion Robert Morrison.
> [SNIP]
> "Marion" may be ambiguous where you come from, but it's not in Oz, where
> it's only a girl's name.

how about Claire, Carroll, Jean, or Andrea?

SubjectRepliesAuthor
o Re: Recently Read - "Two Dooms"

By: Dudley Brooks on Mon, 25 Apr 2022

103Dudley Brooks