You'll wish that you had done some of the hard things when they were easier to do.

aus+uk / uk.rec.audio / Re: Kent Audiojumble Sunday 29th May [was Re: tap tap.. ]

SubjectAuthor
* tap tap..Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
+* Re: tap tap..Andrew
|`* Kent Audiojumble Sunday 29th May [was Re: tap tap.. ]Adrian Caspersz
| +- Re: Kent Audiojumble Sunday 29th May [was Re: tap tap.. ]Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
| `* Re: Kent Audiojumble Sunday 29th May [was Re: tap tap.. ]Andrew
|  +- Re: Kent Audiojumble Sunday 29th May [was Re: tap tap.. ]Andrew
|  +- Re: Kent Audiojumble Sunday 29th May [was Re: tap tap.. ]Andy Burns
|  +- Re: Kent Audiojumble Sunday 29th May [was Re: tap tap.. ]Don Pearce
|  `* Re: Kent Audiojumble Sunday 29th May [was Re: tap tap.. ]Jim Lesurf
|   `* Re: Kent Audiojumble Sunday 29th May [was Re: tap tap.. ]Andrew
|    `- Re: Kent Audiojumble Sunday 29th May [was Re: tap tap.. ]Jim Lesurf
`* Re: tap tap..Trevor Wilson
 `* Re: tap tap..Jim Lesurf
  `* Re: tap tap..Don Pearce
   `* Re: tap tap..Jim Lesurf
    `* Re: tap tap..Trevor Wilson
     +* Re: tap tap..Brian Gaff
     |`- Re: tap tap..Jim Lesurf
     `* Re: tap tap..Jim Lesurf
      +- Re: tap tap..Phil Allison
      `* Re: tap tap..Brian Gaff
       `* Re: tap tap..Jim Lesurf
        `* Re: tap tap..Brian Gaff
         `* Re: tap tap..Jim Lesurf
          +- Re: tap tap..Phil Allison
          `* Re: tap tap..Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)
           `- Re: tap tap..Jim Lesurf

Pages:12
Re: Kent Audiojumble Sunday 29th May [was Re: tap tap.. ]

<59e4c6b90bnoise@audiomisc.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1146&group=uk.rec.audio#1146

From: noi...@audiomisc.co.uk (Jim Lesurf)
Subject: Re: Kent Audiojumble Sunday 29th May [was Re: tap tap.. ]
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 10:06:20 +0100
 by: Jim Lesurf - Sat, 7 May 2022 09:06 UTC

In article <t53g51$rq2$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Andrew
<Andrew97d-junk@mybtinternet.com> wrote:
> I object to having to pay just to get *in* when there be nothing worth
> buying.

Well, I could say I object to paying to get into, say, a concert when I
didn't enjoy the music. Ditto for some museums, galleries, etc.

But the reality is that you have to pay to find out. Yes, it would be nice
if it were 'free', but bear TANSTAAFL in mind.

Personally, my interest would also be to see what is on show as it may help
me find out about items I didn't know existed, or details on items I didn't
know - even if I didn't buy anything.

Also, collect contact details - which of course the show-runners might want
me to not get without paying up as it means less need to pay again in
future.

> Maybe they should make sellers add a percentage onto their
> prices when they make a sale and pass this percentage to the organiser.
> Browsers and thwarted buyers then do not get fleeced just for attending.

Snag would be that 'policing' that would push up the costs.

It's your choice though. If you don't want to pay, don't go.They run on a
commercial basis.

Alas, I don't get the option as they don't have such events where I can
manage to reach them.

Jim

Electronics https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm

Re: tap tap..

<59e4c75d86noise@audiomisc.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1147&group=uk.rec.audio#1147

From: noi...@audiomisc.co.uk (Jim Lesurf)
Subject: Re: tap tap..
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Date: Sat, 07 May 2022 10:13:21 +0100
References: <t4apq6$vuc$1@dont-email.me> <jd8bemFfhspU1@mid.individual.net> <59e2368ea0noise@audiomisc.co.uk> <626fd2e0.20622234@news.eternal-september.org> <59e250cd6bnoise@audiomisc.co.uk> <jdb0gsFmoqU1@mid.individual.net> <59e2bbfd9bnoise@audiomisc.co.uk> <t4rccs$19sp$1@gioia.aioe.org> <59e2de98eenoise@audiomisc.co.uk> <t4tkud$amo$1@gioia.aioe.org> <59e3c20165noise@audiomisc.co.uk> <t53nkm$dg1$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Jim Lesurf - Sat, 7 May 2022 09:13 UTC

Alas, most website builders use some form of software to 'build' pages
whilst having no clue what this produces in terms of page code. So build
what works for them or their main audience.

Things get worse as the range of 'devices' widens causing problems. e.g.
the difference between a small/narrow/verical FOV of a 'phone' compared
with a desktop computer using a big high-rez screen. This in itself causes
problems at times when people using site-building software that makes
incorrect assumptions or mistakes a desktop browser with a phone.

Only a small minority of website builders these days understand the page
code they generate... or even look at the actual code at all! If they did,
they'd often find it totally baffling.

So I'm afraid this is an issue which gets left to whoever writes the
software you use to try and make sense of the results. Who are they?

Jim