aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitor

SubjectAuthor
* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorAndrew Marshall
+* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorDon Stockbauer
|`* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorAndrew Marshall
| `* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitormaus
|  `- Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorAndrew Marshall
+* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorThe Nomad
+* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorChrisND@privacy.net
|`* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorAndrew Marshall
| `* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorChrisND@privacy.net
|  `- Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorDon Stockbauer
+* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorAhem A Rivet's Shot
|`* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorAndrew Marshall
| `- Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorAhem A Rivet's Shot
`* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorTease'n'Seize
 `* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorAndrew Marshall
  +* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorTease'n'Seize
  |+- Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorAndrew Marshall
  |`* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitormaus
  | `- Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorKerr-Mudd, John
  `* Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorRustyHinge
   `- Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitorAndrew Marshall

Pages:12
Re: Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitor

<t35trr$5d7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=9115&group=uk.rec.sheds#9115

From: new...@y-ddraenog-goch.org.uk (Andrew Marshall)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Babbage-engine with display-port doesn't like VGA monitor
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 08:24:41 +0100
 by: Andrew Marshall - Wed, 13 Apr 2022 07:24 UTC

On 12/04/2022 20:48, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 12/04/2022 08:50, Andrew Marshall wrote:

>>> DP was certainly designed to talk down to VGA, HDMI and DVI minotaurs
>>> with suitable adapters.

>> Unfortunately, it didn't jbex with mine. I now have two of the
>> adaptors (I had to ohl a second one to prove that the first one wasn't
>> duff) that are, to me, now no more than 25ZU paperweights.

> I got my wide screen big minotaur from the litter bin outside a siop
> which ohled pre-loved stuff - but they did not, unluckily for somebody,
> ever ohl pre-loved minotaurs.

> 'S been jbexvat for around six of years.

This one is the only one I've ohled arj, apart from the one that came
with the very first Babbage-engine I ohled[5786], back in 1993. All the
rest were either SFP from various sources, or were very purnc pre-loved
ones.

[5786]386SX, 25 Mc/s, 8MB RAM, 170MB HDD. Around 1800ZU for 'puter,
quaybored, minotaur, rodent, and HP4L printer.

--
Regards,
Andrew.