I didn't know he was dead; I thought he was British.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: What Do I do With This?

SubjectAuthor
* What Do I do With This?Tone
+- What Do I do With This?Peter
+* What Do I do With This?John Williamson
|+* What Do I do With This?Tone
||+- What Do I do With This?John Williamson
||`* What Do I do With This?Tease'n'Seize
|| +- What Do I do With This?Don Stockbauer
|| `* What Do I do With This?Tone
||  `* What Do I do With This?Nick Odell
||   `- What Do I do With This?Tone
|`- What Do I do With This?maus
+- What Do I do With This?Sam Plusnet
+* What Do I do With This?Mike Fleming
|`- What Do I do With This?Don Stockbauer
`- What Do I do With This?Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)

1
What Do I do With This?

<t4fkav$bvh$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10029&group=uk.rec.sheds#10029

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: What Do I do With This?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 03:59:42 +0100
 by: Tone - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 02:59 UTC

The X^4's son has decided that he doesn't want me to see his mother any
more.

He has told the DVLA that I am unfit to drive.

I now have had the forms to fill in giving details of my medical
condition and GP's contact.

I may have to pay for a medical and retake a test before I can drive again.

This is the bar steward who did this to me and his mother.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/twisted-stalker-who-terrorised-town-21035005

https://www.facebook.com/FriendsofGallowHill/posts/weve-had-so-many-people-asking-about-this-story-that-appeared-in-todays-daily-re/1008376392832693/

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Bully%27s+smear+campaign+was+calculated+and+threatening%3B+Stalker...-a0634389771

Local police, so far, don't want to know. "It's domestic."

Any suggestions beyond setting a bunch of thugs on him?

Tone

Re: What Do I do With This?

<XnsAE8860B3EB35CFactura3476@144.76.35.252>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10034&group=uk.rec.sheds#10034

From: mys...@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: What Do I do With This?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 08:30:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 08:30 UTC

maus <maus@dmaus.org> wrote in news:slrnt6n7gc.369.maus@dmaus.org:

> On 2022-04-29, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:
>> The X^4's son has decided that he doesn't want me to see his mother
>> any more.
>>
>> He has told the DVLA that I am unfit to drive.
>>
>> I now have had the forms to fill in giving details of my medical
>> condition and GP's contact.
>>
>> I may have to pay for a medical and retake a test before I can drive
>> again.

I wouldn't worry about that. I have to have my eyes examined every three
years for DVLA. It's free, and no bother, and reassuring when they tell me
I can continue to drive.

>> Any suggestions beyond setting a bunch of thugs on him?
>>
>> Tone
>
> Ignore him. Only way to answer that.

+1. Don't feed the trolls.

--
Peter
-----

Re: What Do I do With This?

<jd1rp4F819mU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10037&group=uk.rec.sheds#10037

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 11:08:35 +0100
 by: John Williamson - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 10:08 UTC

On 29/04/2022 03:59, Tone wrote:

> Any suggestions beyond setting a bunch of thugs on him?

As others have said, ignore him, but it might be worth checking what
conditions the court in Scotland imposed on his future behaviour.
Repeating the behaviour may lead to action being taken, if you can get
through to the right person.

Unless you notify the DVLA yourself and surrender it, the only way you
can lose your licence is if *your* doctor informs the DVLA that you will
be unfit to drive for more than three months, and if you don't lose your
licence, I doubt you will need to take a test. Random reports from
members of the public will probably not be taklen seriously.

Speak to your doctor about your fitness to drive.

https://www.gov.uk/driving-medical-conditions
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: What Do I do With This?

<t4gepn$qqe$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10038&group=uk.rec.sheds#10038

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 11:31:19 +0100
 by: Tone - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 10:31 UTC

On 29/04/2022 11:08, John Williamson wrote:
> On 29/04/2022 03:59, Tone wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions beyond setting a bunch of thugs on him?
>>

> As others have said, ignore him, but it might be worth checking what
> conditions the court in Scotland imposed on his future behaviour.
> Repeating the behaviour may lead to action being taken, if you can get
> through to the right person.
>
> Unless you notify the DVLA yourself and surrender it, the only way you
> can lose your licence is if *your* doctor informs the DVLA that you will
> be unfit to drive for more than three months, and if you don't lose your
> licence, I doubt you will need to take a test. Random reports from
> members of the public will probably not be taklen seriously.
>
> Speak to your doctor about your fitness to drive.
>
> https://www.gov.uk/driving-medical-conditions

Thanks. That is very reassuring. Though the DVLA have taken this random
report seriously already.

My GP is sympathetic.

One of the conditions accepted in mitigation by the scottish sheriff was
"He has been engaging with the Mental Health Service in England and he
has now been prescribed medication and receiving counselling. He speaks
to a member of the crisis team every month about any problems."

None of which is now happening.

I can ignore him, but I can't ignore the DVLA. If I do they will revoke
my licence within 14 days, it says here. Their form has been duly filled
in and returned.

Tone

Re: What Do I do With This?

<jd1u09F8eflU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10039&group=uk.rec.sheds#10039

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 11:46:32 +0100
 by: John Williamson - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 10:46 UTC

On 29/04/2022 11:31, Tone wrote:
> On 29/04/2022 11:08, John Williamson wrote:
>> On 29/04/2022 03:59, Tone wrote:
>>
>>> Any suggestions beyond setting a bunch of thugs on him?
>>>

>> As others have said, ignore him, but it might be worth checking what
>> conditions the court in Scotland imposed on his future behaviour.
>> Repeating the behaviour may lead to action being taken, if you can get
>> through to the right person.
>>
>> Unless you notify the DVLA yourself and surrender it, the only way you
>> can lose your licence is if *your* doctor informs the DVLA that you
>> will be unfit to drive for more than three months, and if you don't
>> lose your licence, I doubt you will need to take a test. Random
>> reports from members of the public will probably not be taklen seriously.
>>
>> Speak to your doctor about your fitness to drive.
>>
>> https://www.gov.uk/driving-medical-conditions
>
> Thanks. That is very reassuring. Though the DVLA have taken this random
> report seriously already.
>
> My GP is sympathetic.

Good.

> One of the conditions accepted in mitigation by the scottish sheriff was
> "He has been engaging with the Mental Health Service in England and he
> has now been prescribed medication and receiving counselling. He speaks
> to a member of the crisis team every month about any problems."
>
> None of which is now happening.

If you can find a way, report it to the court that sentenced him. The
Clerk of the Court would be a good place to start. As you say, the
police won't be interested in what they view as a domestic dispute, and
would require you to prove fraud or immediate physical harm.

If you've not found them already, these are the contact details you need
for the court, :-

Main telephone
01387 262334

Sheriff Clerk / Main contact
Elizabeth Young

DX
580617

Fax
01387 262357

e-mial:-

dumfries@scotcourts.gov.uk

> I can ignore him, but I can't ignore the DVLA. If I do they will revoke
> my licence within 14 days, it says here. Their form has been duly filled
> in and returned.

That's about all you can do, then. I always send anything to DVLA using
the (expensive) 24 hour service at the post office. There is also
usually an e-mail address you can send a copy to. I trust DVLA about as
far as I can throw them.

It took them over a month to notice an address change I had to do by
snail mail a few weeks ago..

Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: What Do I do With This?

<xc-dnVvKhaVoSvb_nZ2dnUU7-R-dnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10040&group=uk.rec.sheds#10040

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 13:20:03 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-an...@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 12:20 UTC

Tone wrote:

> I can't ignore the DVLA. If I do they will revoke my licence within 14 days, it
> says here. Their form has been duly filled in and returned.

I'd say if your doc hasn't previously told DVLA you're unfit to drive, getting a
request triggered from Joe Q Public is unlikely to change things.

Re: What Do I do With This?

<52311fb5-62d4-4581-865f-ff30d2c2a871n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10041&group=uk.rec.sheds#10041

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 05:39:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 12:39 UTC

On Friday, April 29, 2022 at 7:20:11 AM UTC-5, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> Tone wrote:
>
> > I can't ignore the DVLA. If I do they will revoke my licence within 14 days, it
> > says here. Their form has been duly filled in and returned.
> I'd say if your doc hasn't previously told DVLA you're unfit to drive, getting a
> request triggered from Joe Q Public is unlikely to change things.

I was amazed because my sister told me that my hundred and one year old mother actually got animated yesterday and was talking to people and I just couldn't believe it every time I saw her she was almost comatose so it does do exactly what y'all said here that she probably had a full conscious life behind her closed eyelids and now it's coming back out so I'm really excited because next time I go visit her in Bastrop Texas she most likely be able to talk to me

Re: What Do I do With This?

<t4h19j$i42$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10046&group=uk.rec.sheds#10046

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 16:46:59 +0100
 by: Tone - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 15:46 UTC

On 29/04/2022 13:20, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> Tone wrote:
>
>> I can't ignore the DVLA. If I do they will revoke my licence within 14
>> days, it says here. Their form has been duly filled in and returned.
>
> I'd say if your doc hasn't previously told DVLA you're unfit to drive,
> getting a request triggered from Joe Q Public is unlikely to change things.

That Joe Q Public has now emailed our radio station complaining about
me! He is not nice!

They're taking no action.

Tone

Re: What Do I do With This?

<slrnt6o7qi.51e.maus@dmaus.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10051&group=uk.rec.sheds#10051

From: mau...@dmaus.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 29 Apr 2022 17:24:34 GMT
 by: maus - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 17:24 UTC

On 2022-04-29, John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 29/04/2022 03:59, Tone wrote:
>
>> Any suggestions beyond setting a bunch of thugs on him?
>>

> As others have said, ignore him, but it might be worth checking what
> conditions the court in Scotland imposed on his future behaviour.
> Repeating the behaviour may lead to action being taken, if you can get
> through to the right person.
>
> Unless you notify the DVLA yourself and surrender it, the only way you
> can lose your licence is if *your* doctor informs the DVLA that you will
> be unfit to drive for more than three months, and if you don't lose your
> licence, I doubt you will need to take a test. Random reports from
> members of the public will probably not be taklen seriously.
>
> Speak to your doctor about your fitness to drive.

Thorougly agreed. After discussing this on this platform a while ago,
the only reason I would give up driving is that if I thought that I was
a danger to other road users.

I will go for a long drive over the Bank Holiday weekend. If I do not
reappear, I wish you all a last goodbye.

> https://www.gov.uk/driving-medical-conditions

--
greymausg@mail.com
He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness,

Re: What Do I do With This?

<6hbo6hhgibu6ld7vmp3t1mf1qvq4uhe95u@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10053&group=uk.rec.sheds#10053

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 19:51:03 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 18:51 UTC

On Fri, 29 Apr 2022 16:46:59 +0100, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

>On 29/04/2022 13:20, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
>> Tone wrote:
>>
>>> I can't ignore the DVLA. If I do they will revoke my licence within 14
>>> days, it says here. Their form has been duly filled in and returned.
>>
>> I'd say if your doc hasn't previously told DVLA you're unfit to drive,
>> getting a request triggered from Joe Q Public is unlikely to change things.
>>

>That Joe Q Public has now emailed our radio station complaining about
>me! He is not nice!
>
>They're taking no action.

Congratulations! He's now done two separate and distinct things
against you which makes his behaviour an offence under the Protection
from Harassment Act 1997.

(You can read up the law if you like but this is more straightforward:
<https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/taking-action-about-discrimination/taking-action-about-harassment/>

I'd suggest that you print out a copy of those items about him that
you mentioned in your first message and physically take them to that
nice, big police station in York or to another police station of your
choosing. A phone call is easy to turn away; a frail, crippled,
elderly man who appears at the public counter, less easily so IMO.

They will say, again, it's a civil matter, sir. You will say that it's
now also a criminal offence (quote the act) and haven't North
Yorkshire Police had enough adverse publicity without the potential
consequences of ignoring escalating harassment by a known and already
publicised miscreant of a poor, frail, elderly North Yorkshire
resident?

It's despicable behaviour (his, obvs.) and not only does it deserve to
be called out I suspect that if he isn't quickly slapped down by the
law he is the type to keep carrying on.

All the best, Tone,

Nick

Re: What Do I do With This?

<t4hdms$tid$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10056&group=uk.rec.sheds#10056

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 20:18:51 +0100
 by: Tone - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 19:18 UTC

On 29/04/2022 19:51, Nick Odell wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2022 16:46:59 +0100, Tone <tone@email.com> wrote:

>>> I'd say if your doc hasn't previously told DVLA you're unfit to drive,
>>> getting a request triggered from Joe Q Public is unlikely to change things.
>>>

>> That Joe Q Public has now emailed our radio station complaining about
>> me! He is not nice!
>>
>> They're taking no action.
>>
> Congratulations! He's now done two separate and distinct things
> against you which makes his behaviour an offence under the Protection
> from Harassment Act 1997.
>
> (You can read up the law if you like but this is more straightforward:
> <https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/taking-action-about-discrimination/taking-action-about-harassment/>
>
> I'd suggest that you print out a copy of those items about him that
> you mentioned in your first message and physically take them to that
> nice, big police station in York or to another police station of your
> choosing. A phone call is easy to turn away; a frail, crippled,
> elderly man who appears at the public counter, less easily so IMO.
>
> They will say, again, it's a civil matter, sir. You will say that it's
> now also a criminal offence (quote the act) and haven't North
> Yorkshire Police had enough adverse publicity without the potential
> consequences of ignoring escalating harassment by a known and already
> publicised miscreant of a poor, frail, elderly North Yorkshire
> resident?
>
> It's despicable behaviour (his, obvs.) and not only does it deserve to
> be called out I suspect that if he isn't quickly slapped down by the
> law he is the type to keep carrying on.
>
> All the best, Tone,
>
> Nick

Thanks for this Nick. The radio station won't copy his emails to me, but
they are apparently laughably stupid as well as being highly offensive.
However the trustees have said that they would release them to a legal
representative.

The CAB advised me to contact the Older Citizens Advocacy York, who were
useless. I am now it touch with The National Stalker Helpline which
provides practical advice, information and support to anyone who is
currently or previously been affected by harassment or stalking.

All ongoing next tweak.

Tone

Re: What Do I do With This?

<JqXaK.40282$4Og.1955@fx08.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10061&group=uk.rec.sheds#10061

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 20:57:30 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Fri, 29 Apr 2022 19:57 UTC

On 29-Apr-22 3:59, Tone wrote:
> The X^4's son has decided that he doesn't want me to see his mother any
> more.
>
> He has told the DVLA that I am unfit to drive.
>
> I now have had the forms to fill in giving details of my medical
> condition and GP's contact.
>
> I may have to pay for a medical and retake a test before I can drive again.
>
> This is the bar steward who did this to me and his mother.
>
> https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/twisted-stalker-who-terrorised-town-21035005
>

> https://www.facebook.com/FriendsofGallowHill/posts/weve-had-so-many-people-asking-about-this-story-that-appeared-in-todays-daily-re/1008376392832693/
>

> https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Bully%27s+smear+campaign+was+calculated+and+threatening%3B+Stalker...-a0634389771
>

> Local police, so far, don't want to know. "It's domestic."
>
> Any suggestions beyond setting a bunch of thugs on him?

Has he even seen/met you in recent times?
If not, then he must be committing some type of offence.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: What Do I do With This?

<jd9t79FofdfU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10130&group=uk.rec.sheds#10130

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 12:22:17 +0100
 by: Mike Fleming - Mon, 2 May 2022 11:22 UTC

On 29/04/2022 03:59, Tone wrote:
> The X^4's son has decided that he doesn't want me to see his mother any
> more.
>
> He has told the DVLA that I am unfit to drive.
>
> I now have had the forms to fill in giving details of my medical
> condition and GP's contact.
>
> I may have to pay for a medical and retake a test before I can drive again.
>
> This is the bar steward who did this to me and his mother.
>
> https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/twisted-stalker-who-terrorised-town-21035005
>

> https://www.facebook.com/FriendsofGallowHill/posts/weve-had-so-many-people-asking-about-this-story-that-appeared-in-todays-daily-re/1008376392832693/
>

> https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Bully%27s+smear+campaign+was+calculated+and+threatening%3B+Stalker...-a0634389771
>

> Local police, so far, don't want to know. "It's domestic."
>
> Any suggestions beyond setting a bunch of thugs on him?

Contact the Daily Record, tell them what he's done and that the police
aren't interested. They're pretty certain to be interested in the police
not being interested.

Re: What Do I do With This?

<14160f86-4f38-4437-82b9-de0d658308b0n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10132&group=uk.rec.sheds#10132

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 2 May 2022 04:33:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: donstock...@hotmail.com (Don Stockbauer)
 by: Don Stockbauer - Mon, 2 May 2022 11:33 UTC

On Monday, May 2, 2022 at 6:22:18 AM UTC-5, Mike Fleming wrote:
> On 29/04/2022 03:59, Tone wrote:
> > The X^4's son has decided that he doesn't want me to see his mother any
> > more.
> >
> > He has told the DVLA that I am unfit to drive.
> >
> > I now have had the forms to fill in giving details of my medical
> > condition and GP's contact.
> >
> > I may have to pay for a medical and retake a test before I can drive again.
> >
> > This is the bar steward who did this to me and his mother.
> >
> > https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/twisted-stalker-who-terrorised-town-21035005
> >

> > https://www.facebook.com/FriendsofGallowHill/posts/weve-had-so-many-people-asking-about-this-story-that-appeared-in-todays-daily-re/1008376392832693/
> >

> > https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Bully%27s+smear+campaign+was+calculated+and+threatening%3B+Stalker...-a0634389771
> >

> > Local police, so far, don't want to know. "It's domestic."
> >
> > Any suggestions beyond setting a bunch of thugs on him?
> Contact the Daily Record, tell them what he's done and that the police
> aren't interested. They're pretty certain to be interested in the police
> not being interested.

Man, these postings are evidence of how complex everything is getting; is that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Re: What Do I do With This?

<t5b8hm$olv$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10355&group=uk.rec.sheds#10355

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 15:30:12 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Mon, 9 May 2022 14:30 UTC

What does she say though. I'm not sure if he can unilaterally do what he
says.
Many disabled people drive, but some need adapted vehicles.
I reckon its them UFOs.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk