From: salad.do...@idnet.com (Salad Dodger)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: Paging Dodger
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 20:41:46 +0100
 by: Salad Dodger - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 19:41 UTC

On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 18:44:27 +0100, Champ <neal@champ.org.uk> wrote:

>I just saw an immaculate, and I mean immaculate, CBR1000. G reg, it
>was.
>
>Made me think of yours. Can't remember it's fate - did you trade it
>for the Blackbird, or did something else happen to it?

Mat Tab took it off me for spares.

Somehow the gearbox output shaft has started to lose its splines.
Hammering masonry nails into the gaps only provided temporary respite.

Weggie and I delivered it, on an expedition involving Mat, visiting
Nursey in Manchester, picking up a TS250 in Harrogate, and driving
home.

They're, as is well documented, a much like a big, floaty, boat, but
they do (did) go well enough.

Same bottom end used in the CB1300 I bought in 2009.
--
Salad Dodger
1690 FLHTK;GL1800D

Re: Paging Dodger

<rta3ah54e6v90ecdd1e2pcq0v1jq94mqhe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10168&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10168

From: nea...@champ.org.uk (Champ)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 09:17:11 +0100
 by: Champ - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 08:17 UTC

On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 20:41:46 +0100, Salad Dodger
<salad.dodger@idnet.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 18:44:27 +0100, Champ <neal@champ.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>I just saw an immaculate, and I mean immaculate, CBR1000. G reg, it
>>was.
>>
>>Made me think of yours. Can't remember its fate - did you trade it
>>for the Blackbird, or did something else happen to it?

>Mat Tab took it off me for spares.
>
>Somehow the gearbox output shaft has started to lose its splines.
>Hammering masonry nails into the gaps only provided temporary respite.

Ah, yes - vaguely remember this now

>Weggie and I delivered it, on an expedition involving Mat, visiting
>Nursey in Manchester, picking up a TS250 in Harrogate, and driving
>home.

Given that you and Weggy are in London/South-East and Mat was in
Bristol, I'm struggling to comprehend the logistics of this, but I'm
sure it all made sense at the time

>They're, as is well documented, a much like a big, floaty, boat, but
>they do (did) go well enough.

Yes. Same niche as the ZX10 (non-R), that I owned variously from 1989
to 1992, and loved to bits

--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

I don't know, but I been told
You never slow down, you never grow old

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: Paging Dodger