Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. -- Robert A. Heinlein

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Filling concrete slab indentations

SubjectAuthor
* Filling concrete slab indentationsleen...@yahoo.co.uk
+* Re: Filling concrete slab indentationsColin Bignell
|`* Re: Filling concrete slab indentationsBrian Gaff
| `- Re: Filling concrete slab indentationsColin Bignell
+- Re: Filling concrete slab indentationsThe Natural Philosopher
`- Re: Filling concrete slab indentationsTricky Dicky

1
Filling concrete slab indentations

<ecf61add-1039-4963-bb19-9e720b6fb363n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102126&group=uk.d-i-y#102126

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 00:43:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Filling concrete slab indentations
From: leenow...@yahoo.co.uk (leen...@yahoo.co.uk)
 by: leen...@yahoo.co.uk - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 07:43 UTC

Hi all,

I have a concrete slab which in places has some small shallow (say a couple of mm) indentations. I need to fill them to make it flat (doesn't need to be smooth just flat) and was wondering what you would suggest. Given the small thickness, I was thinking of exterior self levelling compound but then wondered whether maybe tile adhesive would be better?

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Lee.

Re: Filling concrete slab indentations

<J6ydnewNC4r9SHz5nZ2dnZeNn_udnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102133&group=uk.d-i-y#102133

Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 09:57:58 +0100
Subject: Re: Filling concrete slab indentations
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
From: cpb...@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk (Colin Bignell)
 by: Colin Bignell - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 08:57 UTC

On 20/08/2023 08:43, leen...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a concrete slab which in places has some small shallow (say a couple of mm) indentations. I need to fill them to make it flat (doesn't need to be smooth just flat) and was wondering what you would suggest. Given the small thickness, I was thinking of exterior self levelling compound but then wondered whether maybe tile adhesive would be better?
>
> Anyone any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lee.

I used a resin based cement for levelling a worn step and that has
lasted about 40 years so far.

--
Colin Bignell

Re: Filling concrete slab indentations

<ubsm7k$1aa9b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102147&group=uk.d-i-y#102147

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 10:26:11 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 09:26 UTC

Yes, I doubt if cement itself will adhere to the surface well enough and
will break up over time.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
"Colin Bignell" <cpb@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk> wrote in message
> On 20/08/2023 08:43, leen...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a concrete slab which in places has some small shallow (say a
>> couple of mm) indentations. I need to fill them to make it flat (doesn't
>> need to be smooth just flat) and was wondering what you would suggest.
>> Given the small thickness, I was thinking of exterior self levelling
>> compound but then wondered whether maybe tile adhesive would be better?
>>
>> Anyone any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Lee.
>
> I used a resin based cement for levelling a worn step and that has lasted
> about 40 years so far.
>

> --
> Colin Bignell

Re: Filling concrete slab indentations

<ubsmp0$1a8iu$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102151&group=uk.d-i-y#102151

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 10:35:28 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 09:35 UTC

On 20/08/2023 08:43, leen...@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a concrete slab which in places has some small shallow (say a
> couple of mm) indentations. I need to fill them to make it flat
> (doesn't need to be smooth just flat) and was wondering what you
> would suggest. Given the small thickness, I was thinking of exterior
> self levelling compound but then wondered whether maybe tile adhesive
> would be better?

Self level,ling should be good. Tile cement is not a lot of cop under
high wear or damp conditions.

Colin's suggestion sounds the best so far.
> Anyone any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lee.

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.

Re: Filling concrete slab indentations

<3R-dndmAbLDvm3_5nZ2dnZeNn_pg4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102166&group=uk.d-i-y#102166

Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2023 13:34:40 +0100
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
From: cpb...@bignellREMOVETHIS.me.uk (Colin Bignell)
 by: Colin Bignell - Sun, 20 Aug 2023 12:34 UTC

On 20/08/2023 10:26, Brian Gaff wrote:
> Yes, I doubt if cement itself will adhere to the surface well enough and
> will break up over time.
> Brian

The big advantage of resin bonded cement is that it can be taken to a
feather edge without any problems.

--
Colin Bignell

Re: Filling concrete slab indentations

<ubva6h$1raa6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102225&group=uk.d-i-y#102225

From: tricky.d...@sky.com (Tricky Dicky)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 09:19:13 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:SO1fRBYt2QXUzlz5HyNuisWa9Wo=
 by: Tricky Dicky - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 09:19 UTC

leen...@yahoo.co.uk <leenowell@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a concrete slab which in places has some small shallow (say a
> couple of mm) indentations. I need to fill them to make it flat (doesn't
> need to be smooth just flat) and was wondering what you would suggest.
> Given the small thickness, I was thinking of exterior self levelling
> compound but then wondered whether maybe tile adhesive would be better?
>
> Anyone any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Lee.

I have used this stuff before on concrete repairs, very tough, can be
smoothed out quite thin and is weather resistant. I did one repair outside
last year and despite snow, ice and anything else the weather has thrown at
it it is still intact.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/toupret-masonry-repair-filler-1-5kg/572pp

Richard