What happened last night can happen again.

aus+uk / aus.cars / OT: WA border closure

SubjectAuthor
* OT: WA border closureYosemite Sam
+* OT: WA border closureClocky
|+* OT: WA border closureYosemite Sam
||+* OT: WA border closureYosemite Sam
|||`- OT: WA border closureClocky
||+- OT: WA border closureClocky
||`* OT: WA border closureXeno
|| `* OT: WA border closureLang Hancock
||  `* OT: WA border closureXeno
||   `* OT: WA border closureClocky
||    `* OT: WA border closureYosemite Sam
||     +- OT: WA border closureXeno
||     `* OT: WA border closureClocky
||      `- OT: WA border closureYosemite Sam
|`- OT: WA border closurealvey
`* OT: WA border closureSylvia Else
 +- OT: WA border closureYosemite Sam
 +- OT: WA border closureClocky
 +* OT: WA border closureNoddy
 |+* OT: WA border closureClocky
 ||`- OT: WA border closurejonz@ nothere.com
 |`- OT: WA border closureDaryl
 `* OT: WA border closureSylvia Else
  `- OT: WA border closureClocky

1
OT: WA border closure

<j4v380F8ravU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10224&group=aus.cars#10224

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: OT: WA border closure
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 17:47:52 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 06:47 UTC

Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
Australian States and other countries

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: OT: WA border closure

<ssdqe7$rbg$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10234&group=aus.cars#10234

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: OT: WA border closure
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 16:21:20 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 08:21 UTC

On 21/01/2022 2:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
> Australian States and other countries

Feb 5 was the date set before the omicron variant took hold over east.
It would be reckless to open up now given we have almost zero community
spread. Like SA's measures to limit the omicron spread it buys more time
to get booster shots into more people protecting the vulnerable and
protect the health system from being overwhelmed.

Re: OT: WA border closure

<j4va4pFa3o2U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10236&group=aus.cars#10236

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:45:36 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 08:45 UTC

On 21/01/2022 7:21 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 21/01/2022 2:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
>> Australian States and other countries
>>

> Feb 5 was the date set before the omicron variant took hold over east.
> It would be reckless to open up now given we have almost zero
> community spread. Like SA's measures to limit the omicron spread it
> buys more time to get booster shots into more people protecting the
> vulnerable and protect the health system from being overwhelmed.

McGowan is saying he's not going to open up until 80 -90% of the State
is triple vaxed! On current estimates that's sometime in May! he's an
idiot. you're not 'living with Covid', like we're supposed to be doing.
he's trying to make the State 'covid safe', and that will never work, as
Andrews found out.

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: OT: WA border closure

<j4va8jFa3o2U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10237&group=aus.cars#10237

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:47:40 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 08:47 UTC

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-21/mark-mcgowan-wa-border-opening-backflip-poses-risk-analysis/100771704

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: OT: WA border closure

<ssdt3n$c17$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10238&group=aus.cars#10238

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 17:06:55 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 09:06 UTC

On 21/01/2022 4:45 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 21/01/2022 7:21 pm, Clocky wrote:
>> On 21/01/2022 2:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
>>> Australian States and other countries
>>>

>> Feb 5 was the date set before the omicron variant took hold over east.
>> It would be reckless to open up now given we have almost zero
>> community spread. Like SA's measures to limit the omicron spread it
>> buys more time to get booster shots into more people protecting the
>> vulnerable and protect the health system from being overwhelmed.
>>

> McGowan is saying he's not going to open up until 80 -90% of the State
> is triple vaxed! On current estimates that's sometime in May!

So what?

he's an
> idiot.

Really so going from almost zero public transmission to overwhelming the
health system by opening the borders overnight is a good idea is it?

you're not 'living with Covid', like we're supposed to be doing.

It's been one disaster over another over east largely due to incompetent
handling while we have managed just fine living relatively normal
unrestricted lives.

> he's trying to make the State 'covid safe', and that will never work, as
> Andrews found out.

Victoria is a basket case run by incompetent idiots.
We're doing fine thanks.

Re: OT: WA border closure

<ssdtdm$e12$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10239&group=aus.cars#10239

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 17:12:14 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 09:12 UTC

On 21/01/2022 4:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 21/01/2022 7:45 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> Feb 5 was the date set before the omicron variant took hold over
>>> east. It would be reckless to open up now given we have almost zero
>>> community spread. Like SA's measures to limit the omicron spread it
>>> buys more time to get booster shots into more people protecting the
>>> vulnerable and protect the health system from being overwhelmed.
>>>

>> McGowan is saying he's not going to open up until 80 -90% of the State
>> is triple vaxed! On current estimates that's sometime in May! he's an
>> idiot. you're not 'living with Covid', like we're supposed to be
>> doing. he's trying to make the State 'covid safe', and that will never
>> work, as Andrews found out.
>>

> https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-21/mark-mcgowan-wa-border-opening-backflip-poses-risk-analysis/100771704

Meh, heard it all before. All the delay does is provide for a buffer so
we can better prepare for the omicron strain. We have that luxury and
should exploit it as it will save many lives. It would be reckless to do
anything else.

Re: OT: WA border closure

<j4vco3FajkfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10240&group=aus.cars#10240

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 20:29:36 +1100
 by: Xeno - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 09:29 UTC

On 21/1/2022 7:45 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 21/01/2022 7:21 pm, Clocky wrote:
>> On 21/01/2022 2:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
>>> Australian States and other countries
>>>

>> Feb 5 was the date set before the omicron variant took hold over east.
>> It would be reckless to open up now given we have almost zero
>> community spread. Like SA's measures to limit the omicron spread it
>> buys more time to get booster shots into more people protecting the
>> vulnerable and protect the health system from being overwhelmed.
>>

> McGowan is saying he's not going to open up until 80 -90% of the State
> is triple vaxed! On current estimates that's sometime in May! he's an
> idiot. you're not 'living with Covid', like we're supposed to be doing.
> he's trying to make the State 'covid safe', and that will never work, as
> Andrews found out.

Seen the death rate for Covid in NSW lately? In Australia?

https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer

Just set it for the country you want and compare with setting it for
Australia. The trend line is scary stuff. 46 deaths yesterday, and a
rapidly rising trendline. Frankly, I don't blame WA for the stance he is
taking. I wonder if, ultimately, it will do any good. We had high vax
rates and all the other good stuff - but they dropped the ball, dropped
the mask mandate, then shit happened.

I've been prudent and wear a mask *everywhere*, even for the brief time
they dropped the mask mandate.

I suspect it will get worse before it gets better. The link above
certainly points to it.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: WA border closure

<sse1bo$qpe$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10242&group=aus.cars#10242

From: han...@longcock.com.au (Lang Hancock)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 18:19:34 +0800
 by: Lang Hancock - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:19 UTC

Xeno wrote:
> Seen the death rate for Covid in NSW lately? In Australia?
>
> https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer
>
> Just set it for the country you want and compare with setting it for
> Australia. The trend line is scary stuff. 46 deaths yesterday, and a
> rapidly rising trendline. Frankly, I don't blame WA for the stance he is
> taking. I wonder if, ultimately, it will do any good. We had high vax
> rates and all the other good stuff - but they dropped the ball, dropped
> the mask mandate, then shit happened.
>
> I've been prudent and wear a mask *everywhere*, even for the brief time
> they dropped the mask mandate.
>
> I suspect it will get worse before it gets better. The link above
> certainly points to it.

The eastern states don't seem to realise the benefits of COVID-zero. WA
was helping out other states with contact tracing, while theirs had
nothing to do. WA path labs have been processing a few thousands tests
for other states, which are overloaded from Omicron. And a large food
factory opened an extra production line to send stuff to eastern states
supermarkets with bare shelves. I really think SA and Queensland should
have staggered their openings, to avoid 90% of the country going down
the S-bend together.

Re: OT: WA border closure

<j4vh2oFbdh4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10244&group=aus.cars#10244

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:43:33 +1100
 by: Xeno - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 10:43 UTC

On 21/1/2022 9:19 pm, Lang Hancock wrote:
> Xeno wrote:
>> Seen the death rate for Covid in NSW lately? In Australia?
>>
>> https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer
>>
>> Just set it for the country you want and compare with setting it for
>> Australia. The trend line is scary stuff. 46 deaths yesterday, and a
>> rapidly rising trendline. Frankly, I don't blame WA for the stance he
>> is taking. I wonder if, ultimately, it will do any good. We had high
>> vax rates and all the other good stuff - but they dropped the ball,
>> dropped the mask mandate, then shit happened.
>>
>> I've been prudent and wear a mask *everywhere*, even for the brief
>> time they dropped the mask mandate.
>>
>> I suspect it will get worse before it gets better. The link above
>> certainly points to it.
>>

> The eastern states don't seem to realise the benefits of COVID-zero. WA
> was helping out other states with contact tracing, while theirs had
> nothing to do. WA path labs have been processing a few thousands tests
> for other states, which are overloaded from Omicron. And a large food
> factory opened an extra production line to send stuff to eastern states
> supermarkets with bare shelves. I really think SA and Queensland should
> have staggered their openings, to avoid 90% of the country going down
> the S-bend together.

There were a lot of things that should have been done. Just a simple
thing like ensuring a ready suppy of RATs would have been highly
beneficial. A staggered release would have been good but simple things
like retaining the mask mandate at the same time would have been better.
Prepare for a rocky road ahead.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: WA border closure

<wgvc35us7jhr$.5950i0y3ads5.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10245&group=aus.cars#10245

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 05:26:18 +1000
 by: alvey - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:26 UTC

On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 16:21:20 +0800, Clocky wrote:

> On 21/01/2022 2:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
>> Australian States and other countries
>>

> Feb 5 was the date set before the omicron variant took hold over east.
> It would be reckless to open up now given we have almost zero community
> spread. Like SA's measures to limit the omicron spread it buys more time
> to get booster shots into more people protecting the vulnerable and
> protect the health system from being overwhelmed.

Prepare yourselves for the attacks from NSW.

alvey

Re: OT: WA border closure

<ssf3lq$h1l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10247&group=aus.cars#10247

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 04:05:11 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 20:05 UTC

On 21/01/2022 6:43 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 21/1/2022 9:19 pm, Lang Hancock wrote:
>> Xeno wrote:
>>> Seen the death rate for Covid in NSW lately? In Australia?
>>>
>>> https://ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer
>>>
>>> Just set it for the country you want and compare with setting it for
>>> Australia. The trend line is scary stuff. 46 deaths yesterday, and a
>>> rapidly rising trendline. Frankly, I don't blame WA for the stance he
>>> is taking. I wonder if, ultimately, it will do any good. We had high
>>> vax rates and all the other good stuff - but they dropped the ball,
>>> dropped the mask mandate, then shit happened.
>>>
>>> I've been prudent and wear a mask *everywhere*, even for the brief
>>> time they dropped the mask mandate.
>>>
>>> I suspect it will get worse before it gets better. The link above
>>> certainly points to it.
>>>

>> The eastern states don't seem to realise the benefits of COVID-zero.
>> WA was helping out other states with contact tracing, while theirs had
>> nothing to do. WA path labs have been processing a few thousands tests
>> for other states, which are overloaded from Omicron. And a large food
>> factory opened an extra production line to send stuff to eastern
>> states supermarkets with bare shelves. I really think SA and
>> Queensland should have staggered their openings, to avoid 90% of the
>> country going down the S-bend together.
>
> There were a lot of things that should have been done. Just a simple
> thing like ensuring a ready suppy of RATs would have been highly
> beneficial. A staggered release would have been good but simple things
> like retaining the mask mandate at the same time would have been better.
> Prepare for a rocky road ahead.

From our perspective the approach the east has taken has been a
failure, clearly placing the economy above population health has only
served to harm both so why would we want to emulate it? We have done
well so far and are in a very fortunate position. We will learn to live
with COVID in time but the better the prep the more lives will be saved.

A leader being decisive and willing to make tough decisions is what is
needed and that is what we have - something you lot over there could
have done with by the looks of it.

Re: OT: WA border closure

<j50l2bFi57uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10249&group=aus.cars#10249

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 07:58:13 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 21 Jan 2022 20:58 UTC

On 22/01/2022 7:05 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 21/01/2022 6:43 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> The eastern states don't seem to realise the benefits of COVID-zero.
>>> WA was helping out other states with contact tracing, while theirs
>>> had nothing to do. WA path labs have been processing a few thousands
>>> tests for other states, which are overloaded from Omicron. And a
>>> large food factory opened an extra production line to send stuff to
>>> eastern states supermarkets with bare shelves. I really think SA and
>>> Queensland should have staggered their openings, to avoid 90% of the
>>> country going down the S-bend together.
>>
>> There were a lot of things that should have been done. Just a simple
>> thing like ensuring a ready suppy of RATs would have been highly
>> beneficial. A staggered release would have been good but simple
>> things like retaining the mask mandate at the same time would have
>> been better. Prepare for a rocky road ahead.
>>

> From our perspective the approach the east has taken has been a
> failure, clearly placing the economy above population health

that's not what happened in Victoria. Andrews ruined many ppls lives and
livelihoods with his draconian pursuit of zero infections. Melbourne was
the most locked down city in the world!

> has only served to harm both so why would we want to emulate it?   We
> have done well so far and are in a very fortunate position. We will
> learn to live with COVID in time but the better the prep the more
> lives will be saved.

you were in the best position of any state to prepare and you're still
not ready

> A leader being decisive and willing to make tough decisions is what is
> needed and that is what we have - something you lot over there could
> have done with by the looks of it.

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: OT: WA border closure

<j5172cFlc20U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10255&group=aus.cars#10255

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 13:04:58 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 02:04 UTC

On 22/1/2022 7:58 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 22/01/2022 7:05 am, Clocky wrote:

>>> There were a lot of things that should have been done. Just a simple
>>> thing like ensuring a ready suppy of RATs would have been highly
>>> beneficial. A staggered release would have been good but simple
>>> things like retaining the mask mandate at the same time would have
>>> been better. Prepare for a rocky road ahead.
>>>

>> From our perspective the approach the east has taken has been a
>> failure, clearly placing the economy above population health
>

> that's not what happened in Victoria. Andrews ruined many ppls lives and
> livelihoods with his draconian pursuit of zero infections. Melbourne was
> the most locked down city in the world!

What governments here lacked was a *plan* for a transition to a Covid
herd immunity future. The Feds let us down mightily with *late* vaccine
ordering, insufficient supply and, now, lack of RATs testing kits. We
seem to stumble from one cockup to the next with this government.

>> has only served to harm both so why would we want to emulate it?   We
>> have done well so far and are in a very fortunate position. We will
>> learn to live with COVID in time but the better the prep the more
>> lives will be saved.
>

> you were in the best position of any state to prepare and you're still
> not ready

No state is ready. No RATs, no ability to live *with* Covid.

>> A leader being decisive and willing to make tough decisions is what is
>> needed and that is what we have - something you lot over there could
>> have done with by the looks of it.

We definitely did need decisive leadership here in NSW, both at state
and federal level. We didn't get it then, we're not getting it now,
we're unlikely to get it any time in the future.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: OT: WA border closure

<ssg3c0$f3f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10261&group=aus.cars#10261

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 13:06:04 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 05:06 UTC

On 22/01/2022 4:58 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 22/01/2022 7:05 am, Clocky wrote:

>>> There were a lot of things that should have been done. Just a simple
>>> thing like ensuring a ready suppy of RATs would have been highly
>>> beneficial. A staggered release would have been good but simple
>>> things like retaining the mask mandate at the same time would have
>>> been better. Prepare for a rocky road ahead.
>>>

>> From our perspective the approach the east has taken has been a
>> failure, clearly placing the economy above population health
>

> that's not what happened in Victoria. Andrews ruined many ppls lives and
> livelihoods with his draconian pursuit of zero infections. Melbourne was
> the most locked down city in the world!

Probably protected many more lives, yours included.

>> has only served to harm both so why would we want to emulate it?   We
>> have done well so far and are in a very fortunate position. We will
>> learn to live with COVID in time but the better the prep the more
>> lives will be saved.
>

> you were in the best position of any state to prepare and you're still
> not ready

We were ready for delta and the Feb 5 date was set for Delta. Nobody was
ready for omicron which is blatantly obvious observing the mess over
east. We have the luxury to prepare for omicron and opening on Feb 5th
would have been reckless.

>> A leader being decisive and willing to make tough decisions is what is
>> needed and that is what we have - something you lot over there could
>> have done with by the looks of it.

Re: OT: WA border closure

<j51jfkFnhanU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10262&group=aus.cars#10262

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 16:37:20 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 22 Jan 2022 05:37 UTC

On 22/01/2022 4:06 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 22/01/2022 4:58 am, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> From our perspective the approach the east has taken has been a
>>> failure, clearly placing the economy above population health
>>

>> that's not what happened in Victoria. Andrews ruined many ppls lives
>> and livelihoods with his draconian pursuit of zero infections.
>> Melbourne was the most locked down city in the world!
>>

> Probably protected many more lives, yours included.
>
>>> has only served to harm both so why would we want to emulate it?
>>> We have done well so far and are in a very fortunate position. We
>>> will learn to live with COVID in time but the better the prep the
>>> more lives will be saved.
>>

>> you were in the best position of any state to prepare and you're
>> still not ready
>>

> We were ready for delta and the Feb 5 date was set for Delta. Nobody
> was ready for omicron which is blatantly obvious observing the mess
> over east. We have the luxury to prepare for omicron and opening on
> Feb 5th would have been reckless.

i guess so but a lot of ppl aren't happy about it there and here in the
eastern states because they were counting on it as a fact

>>> A leader being decisive and willing to make tough decisions is what
>>> is needed and that is what we have - something you lot over there
>>> could have done with by the looks of it.

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: OT: WA border closure

<j56948Fke6fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10303&group=aus.cars#10303

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:10:47 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 00:10 UTC

On 21-Jan-22 5:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
> Australian States and other countries

I think they've probably already lost control of it, based on the
infection numbers yesterday. The border will quickly become irrelevant.

Sylvia.

Re: OT: WA border closure

<j56b09Fkov0U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10304&group=aus.cars#10304

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 11:43:25 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 00:43 UTC

On 24/01/2022 11:10 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 21-Jan-22 5:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
>> Australian States and other countries
>>

> I think they've probably already lost control of it, based on the
> infection numbers yesterday. The border will quickly become irrelevant.

I think you're right

--
"his opinions have been crushed into insignificant dust by
the enormous weight of his lies"- Alvey on the Fraudster

Re: OT: WA border closure

<sskvlc$9r0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10307&group=aus.cars#10307

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 09:33:26 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 01:33 UTC

On 24/01/2022 8:10 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 21-Jan-22 5:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
>> Australian States and other countries
>>

> I think they've probably already lost control of it, based on the
> infection numbers yesterday.

Still lower than last week.

The border will quickly become irrelevant.

Well yeah, if case numbers explode the border will become irrelevant.

Re: OT: WA border closure

<ssl1dk$i2h$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10308&group=aus.cars#10308

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 13:03:29 +1100
 by: Noddy - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 02:03 UTC

On 24/01/2022 11:10 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 21-Jan-22 5:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
>> Australian States and other countries
>>

> I think they've probably already lost control of it, based on the
> infection numbers yesterday. The border will quickly become irrelevant.

It always was.

There is no stopping Omicron, and anyone who thinks you can keep it at
bay by shutting the gate to travelers is a complete idiot. Instead of
wasting time on nonsensical stunts such as border closures and English
into English translations, the imbecilic WA Premier should focus his
attention on encouraging the public to get up to speed with their
vaccinations as WA still lags behind the Eastern States.

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: OT: WA border closure

<ssl2fa$mqe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10309&group=aus.cars#10309

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 10:21:25 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 02:21 UTC

On 24/01/2022 10:03 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 24/01/2022 11:10 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 21-Jan-22 5:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
>>> Australian States and other countries
>>>

>> I think they've probably already lost control of it, based on the
>> infection numbers yesterday. The border will quickly become irrelevant.
>
> It always was.
>
> There is no stopping Omicron

Nobody ever said there was.

<snip ignorant waffle>

Re: OT: WA border closure

<0071187b-2723-4fc0-a7af-4bb087e0dc35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10311&group=aus.cars#10311

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 19:23:09 -0800 (PST)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 03:23 UTC

On Monday, 24 January 2022 at 13:21:32 UTC+11, Clocky wrote:
> On 24/01/2022 10:03 am, Noddy wrote:

> >> I think they've probably already lost control of it, based on the
> >> infection numbers yesterday. The border will quickly become irrelevant.
> >
> > It always was.
> >
> > There is no stopping Omicron

> <snip ignorant waffle>
~~~~~~~~~~~
Done.

Re: OT: WA border closure

<j56n28Fms1rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10312&group=aus.cars#10312

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 15:08:38 +1100
 by: Daryl - Mon, 24 Jan 2022 04:08 UTC

On 24/1/22 1:03 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 24/01/2022 11:10 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 21-Jan-22 5:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
>>> Australian States and other countries
>>>

>> I think they've probably already lost control of it, based on the
>> infection numbers yesterday. The border will quickly become irrelevant.
>
> It always was.
>
> There is no stopping Omicron, and anyone who thinks you can keep it at
> bay by shutting the gate to travelers is a complete idiot.

He's just delaying the inevitable.

Instead of
> wasting time on nonsensical stunts such as border closures and English
> into English translations, the imbecilic WA Premier should focus his
> attention on encouraging the public to get up to speed with their
> vaccinations as WA still lags behind the Eastern States.

Vaccinations and masks have long been proven to be the most effective
tools for reducing the risks of Covid.

--
Daryl

Re: OT: WA border closure

<j6m8efFakn4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11258&group=aus.cars#11258

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 15:53:35 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 04:53 UTC

On 24-Jan-22 11:10 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 21-Jan-22 5:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
>> Australian States and other countries
>>

> I think they've probably already lost control of it, based on the
> infection numbers yesterday. The border will quickly become irrelevant.
>
> Sylvia.

For a while there, I thought maybe I was wrong, and that they were going
to be able to surpress the infections. But, no, I think I was right
after all, given that they had 51 locally acquired infections yesterday.

Sylvia.

Re: OT: WA border closure

<su5gsc$8o1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11278&group=aus.cars#11278

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 19:21:50 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 11 Feb 2022 11:21 UTC

On 11/02/2022 12:53 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 24-Jan-22 11:10 am, Sylvia Else wrote:
>> On 21-Jan-22 5:47 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> Latest news: the WA border has been closed indefinitely to all
>>> Australian States and other countries
>>>

>> I think they've probably already lost control of it, based on the
>> infection numbers yesterday. The border will quickly become irrelevant.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> For a while there, I thought maybe I was wrong, and that they were going
> to be able to surpress the infections. But, no, I think I was right
> after all, given that they had 51 locally acquired infections yesterday.

44 of those are close contact of existing known cases.