guru, n: A computer owner who can read the manual.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Questions about Apple products.

SubjectAuthor
* Questions about Apple products.David Brooks
+* Re: Questions about Apple products.T i m
|+* Re: Questions about Apple products.David Brooks
||`* Re: Questions about Apple products.T i m
|| `* Re: Questions about Apple products.David Brooks
||  `- Re: Questions about Apple products.T i m
|+- Re: Questions about Apple products.Brian Gaff
|`- Re: Questions about Apple products.Jörg Lorenz
`* Re: Questions about Apple products.David Brooks
 `* Re: Questions about Apple products.Snit
  `- Re: Questions about Apple products.David Brooks

1
Questions about Apple products.

<M3_EM.719355$AsA.597545@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102302&group=uk.d-i-y#102302

Subject: Questions about Apple products.
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 09:10:20 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 08:10 UTC

On 20/08/2023 23:37, David Brooks is *seeking advice*!
> On 20/08/2023 20:41, David Brooks wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Which Internet website(s) would you choose to visit to verify
>> information which one might be given on the ASC forums?
>> A chum has mentioned a forum run by ASC's very own 'BDAqua'.
>> Another pal has mentioned Howard Oakley's Blogs to me.
>> Are there other forums which you have found to be reliable and helpful?
>>
>> Your advice welcomed. Thanks.
>
> You may read some of the questions I've asked Howard Oakley in the
> 'Comments' section here:-
> https://eclecticlight.co/2021/03/16/how-to-slip-unsigned-apps-past-gatekeeper-in-big-sur/

> Where do YOU ask questions when seeking reliable answers?

I'll respond to any and all suggestions! :-)

--
Kind regards,
David

Re: Questions about Apple products.

<kkjeufFebfiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102326&group=uk.d-i-y#102326

From: individ...@spaced.me.uk (T i m)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Questions about Apple products.
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 10:54:22 +0100
 by: T i m - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 09:54 UTC

On 22/08/2023 09:10, David Brooks wrote:

<snip>

>> Where do YOU ask questions when seeking reliable answers?
>
> I'll respond to any and all suggestions! :-)

And what good do you think that would do anyone, given you could well
get your 'answers' from your magic book?

You invited me here because (you said) you liked my input and discussion
but how can I have a discussion with YOU when all you seem to be is what
your magic book tells you you to be?

And whilst I was willing to give that a go, to see if you had the balls
to stand up as a man and make your own decisions in life, you don't seem
able to and therefore how can I have a real discussion with YOU?

What I think I've now concluded is that you are too far gone, you are no
longer reachable as a human being, you have just become the puppet of
your goD and so lost touch with the real world, the world the chances
are your 'goD' has never ever played any tangible part.

Cheers, T i m

Re: Questions about Apple products.

<R80FM.133256$nEzb.19032@fx36.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102328&group=uk.d-i-y#102328

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 11:32:17 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 10:32 UTC

On 22/08/2023 10:54, T i m wrote:
> On 22/08/2023 09:10, David Brooks wrote:
>
> <snip>
>>
>>> Where do YOU ask questions when seeking reliable answers?
>>
>> I'll respond to any and all suggestions! :-)
>>
> And what good do you think that would do anyone, given you could well
> get your 'answers' from your magic book?
>
> You invited me here because (you said) you liked my input and discussion
> but how can I have a discussion with YOU when all you seem to be is what
> your magic book tells you you to be?

That's a superb accolade, Tim.

*THANK YOU* :-D

> And whilst I was willing to give that a go, to see if you had the balls
> to stand up as a man and make your own decisions in life, you don't seem
> able to and therefore how can I have a real discussion with YOU?

If you want an argument, go here:-

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255007253?answerId=259447130022

and/or here:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLlv_aZjHXc&t=0

> What I think I've now concluded is that you are too far gone, you are no
> longer reachable as a human being, you have just become the puppet of
> your goD and so lost touch with the real world, the world the chances
> are your 'goD' has never ever played any tangible part.

Yes. I am a believer! :-D

I will be your friend, if you wish.

--
David

Re: Questions about Apple products.

<kkjhkgFebfiU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102329&group=uk.d-i-y#102329

From: individ...@spaced.me.uk (T i m)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 11:40:15 +0100
 by: T i m - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 10:40 UTC

On 22/08/2023 11:32, David Brooks wrote
<snip stuff unread>

>> What I think I've now concluded is that you are too far gone, you are
>> no longer reachable as a human being, you have just become the puppet
>> of your goD and so lost touch with the real world, the world the
>> chances are your 'goD' has never ever played any tangible part.
>
> Yes. I am a believer! :-D

Yes, you have made that perfectly clear.

> I will be your friend, if you wish.

Sorry, I really can't be 'friends' with someone who is so 'out there'
that they 'believe' like you do.

WE typically 'make friends' with people where there is some common
ground or interest and more importantly, share common morals and ethics.

You have made it perfectly clear you don't have (or are unable to
consider / understand) either where others are concerned and so
therefore, we are on opposite sides of those lines.

So I'm afraid you will have to go in the same box as 'chris' (for
similar reasons) and 'snit' (to a lesser degree).

Cheers, T i m

Re: Questions about Apple products.

<I52FM.212836$cc2c.87981@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102336&group=uk.d-i-y#102336

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 13:45:28 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 12:45 UTC

On 22/08/2023 11:40, T i m wrote:
> On 22/08/2023 11:32, David Brooks wrote
> <snip stuff unread>
>>
>>> What I think I've now concluded is that you are too far gone, you are
>>> no longer reachable as a human being, you have just become the puppet
>>> of your goD and so lost touch with the real world, the world the
>>> chances are your 'goD' has never ever played any tangible part.
>>
>> Yes. I am a believer! :-D
>
> Yes, you have made that perfectly clear.

Phew! I'm so glad. :-)

>> I will be your friend, if you wish.
>>
> Sorry, I really can't be 'friends' with someone who is so 'out there'
> that they 'believe' like you do.

Yet YOU believe that folk should not eat meat. Isn't that right?

> WE typically 'make friends' with people where there is some common
> ground or interest and more importantly, share common morals and ethics.

There are many people on this earth who are so poor that the only thing
they have is money.

Are you one of them?

> You have made it perfectly clear you don't have (or are unable to
> consider / understand) either where others are concerned and so
> therefore, we are on opposite sides of those lines.
>
> So I'm afraid you will have to go in the same box as 'chris' (for
> similar reasons) and 'snit' (to a lesser degree).

Why worry?

Listen carefully! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIiXoo6TSBs

Great music.
--
David

Re: Questions about Apple products.

<kkjpr5FfjuvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102340&group=uk.d-i-y#102340

From: individ...@spaced.me.uk (T i m)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 14:00:21 +0100
 by: T i m - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 13:00 UTC

On 22/08/2023 13:45, David Brooks wrote:

<snip>
>>> I will be your friend, if you wish.
>>>
>> Sorry, I really can't be 'friends' with someone who is so 'out there'
>> that they 'believe' like you do.
>
> Yet YOU believe that folk should not eat meat. Isn't that right?

No. I know that good people don't knowingly choose to exploit and cause
innocent and sentient creatures to suffer and die unnecessarily. I have
tried to explain to you before that it's nothing to do with who we eat,
it's all down to respecting the rights of others.

https://www.speciesunite.com/news-stories/tokitae-the-worlds-oldest-orca-in-captivity-dies-at-miami-seaquarium?

I pity you, I pity the fact that you aren't willing (or able) to
consider the things you see with your own eyes and aren't then willing
to change your lifestyle to something kinder, something I thought you
magic book 'believers' considered to be a core part of your goals?

You are a sheeple, a 'follower', I don't like weak people.

Have a good life.

Cheers, T i m

Re: Questions about Apple products.

<sr2FM.212837$cc2c.52049@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102346&group=uk.d-i-y#102346

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,uk.d-i-y
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 14:08:40 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 13:08 UTC

On 22/08/2023 12:39, Apd wrote:
> "David Brooks" wrote:
>>> Where do YOU ask questions when seeking reliable answers?
>
> Newsgroups. I certainly wouldn't ask the kind of questions you pose on
> someone's blog. Otherwise, I prefer to do my own research by reading
> several sites. Regarding the subject, I don't ask about Apple's stuff.

From which newsgroups do you obtain your best answers?

>> I'll respond to any and all suggestions! :-)
>
> X-posting will mean that some, like Mike E, won't see your post but at
> least keep the groups relevant (uk.d-i-y; WTF?).

I only throw out a net when I'm seeking more fish!

There are some good and honest folk in 'uk.d-i-y'. Some of them may use
Apple devices. If so, they will be made most welcome in ACW.

--
David

Re: Questions about Apple products.

<zv3FM.212840$cc2c.70974@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102353&group=uk.d-i-y#102353

From: brock.mc...@gmail.com (Snit)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,uk.d-i-y
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 14:21:19 GMT
 by: Snit - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 14:21 UTC

On Aug 22, 2023 at 6:08:40 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
<sr2FM.212837$cc2c.52049@fx37.iad>:

>> Newsgroups. I certainly wouldn't ask the kind of questions you pose on
>> someone's blog. Otherwise, I prefer to do my own research by reading
>> several sites. Regarding the subject, I don't ask about Apple's stuff.
>
> From which newsgroups do you obtain your best answers?

These days: none, really. Too much nonsense. Generally not worth digging
through the noise to find the message.

>>> I'll respond to any and all suggestions! :-)
>>
>> X-posting will mean that some, like Mike E, won't see your post but at
>> least keep the groups relevant (uk.d-i-y; WTF?).
>
> I only throw out a net when I'm seeking more fish!
>
> There are some good and honest folk in 'uk.d-i-y'. Some of them may use
> Apple devices. If so, they will be made most welcome in ACW.

--
Personal attacks from those who troll show their own insecurity. They cannot use reason to show the message to be wrong so they try to feel somehow superior by attacking the messenger.

Re: Questions about Apple products.

<UM5FM.119370$uEkc.102671@fx35.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102363&group=uk.d-i-y#102363

Followup: alt.computer.workshop
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,uk.d-i-y
From: Dav...@nomail.afraid.org (David Brooks)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 17:56:19 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 16:56 UTC

On 22/08/2023 15:21, Snit wrote:
> On Aug 22, 2023 at 6:08:40 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
> <sr2FM.212837$cc2c.52049@fx37.iad>:

>>> Newsgroups. I certainly wouldn't ask the kind of questions you pose on
>>> someone's blog. Otherwise, I prefer to do my own research by reading
>>> several sites. Regarding the subject, I don't ask about Apple's stuff.
>>
>> From which newsgroups do you obtain your best answers?
>
> These days: none, really. Too much nonsense. Generally not worth digging
> through the noise to find the message.

Best we stick to ACW then! ;-)

>>> X-posting will mean that some, like Mike E, won't see your post but at
>>> least keep the groups relevant (uk.d-i-y; WTF?).
>>
>> I only throw out a net when I'm seeking more fish!
>>
>> There are some good and honest folk in 'uk.d-i-y'. Some of them may use
>> Apple devices. If so, they will be made most welcome in ACW.

Follow-Up Set to ACW

--
David

Re: Questions about Apple products.

<uc4f2j$2rici$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102408&group=uk.d-i-y#102408

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 09:13:05 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 08:13 UTC

Go away and stop cross posting to a day group, especially if all you are
going to do is bicker between yourselves. Bah Humbug.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

<uc4ggf$4pue$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=102412&group=uk.d-i-y#102412

From: hugyb...@gmx.net (Jörg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop,uk.d-i-y
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 10:37:35 +0200
 by: Jörg Lorenz - Wed, 23 Aug 2023 08:37 UTC

Am 23.08.23 um 08:41 schrieb Gremlin:
> T i m <individual@spaced.me.uk> news:kkjeufFebfiU1@mid.individual.net Tue,
> 22 Aug 2023 09:54:22 GMT in alt.computer.workshop, wrote:
>
>> On 22/08/2023 09:10, David Brooks wrote:
>>
>> <snip>

>>> I'll respond to any and all suggestions! :-)
>>>
>> And what good do you think that would do anyone, given you could well
>> get your 'answers' from your magic book?
>>
>> You invited me here because (you said) you liked my input and discussion
>> but how can I have a discussion with YOU when all you seem to be is what
>> your magic book tells you you to be?
>
> You haven't quite figured David out, I'm sorry.
> Do yourself a favor, visit this url:
>
> [http://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php]
>
> As far as his magic book goes, heh, he picks and chooses from it's contents
> what works best for him on any given day. In other words, he's a hypocrite.
> A huge fucking hypocrite who pegged you for a sucker and conned you into
> coming here. You were supposed to, pending your worthiness, be recruited
> into his fold (it's currently snit and himself) to assist them in dealing
> with me. That's why he invited you here. He played you, like a fiddle.
>
> All this back and forth with him has been so that he can gauge your
> technical aptitude. He was hoping you would have engaged one or more of us
> in a technical discussion. Either an ongoing one, or a fresh one that you
> created. So that he could determine if you were someone that pending you
> could be conned would have the technical chops to come and dance with me.
>
> No, I'm not bragging about myself even if it appears that way. He's all
> about revenge and he's been after me for years now, to get 'even' for my
> response to his efforts to dox me the first time around. I went a bit above
> and beyond the call; my response was to publish a pic of him, and of his
> wife, their mobile/land lines, and complete physical address, released in
> the form of an nfo greeting; which was released internationally.
>
> He tried to dox me because he failed to hire me to commit felonious computer
> tresspass on his behalf. You really are interacting with a shady fuck. A
> drunkard at that.
>
>> And whilst I was willing to give that a go, to see if you had the balls
>> to stand up as a man and make your own decisions in life, you don't seem
>> able to and therefore how can I have a real discussion with YOU?
>
> You're starting to catch on. David is a nutless coward.

And your an idiot Troll not being capable to build filters that can
protect you from this psychopath.

Your posting is absolutely OT.

*Learn to filter*

--