From: plusc...@live.co.uk (Pipl)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: IT LIVES!
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 11:39:44 +0100
 by: Pipl - Sun, 12 Jun 2022 10:39 UTC

Mwahahaha!!!!

Fired up the 10R just now - it started and idled fine. That is a great
relief: at least I know now that it's not been money and time wasted.

Still a very long way to go, but the patient is at least breathing
unassisted.

Yesterday was spent welding and riveting broken plastic - the intake
duct is now a Frankenstein's Monster of weld, bits of aluminium and
rivets. Seems firm enough, though. I also welded on the left rear
mounting lug for the leadlight assembly. Here I rather overheated the
shell and had to patch and build it up where it sagged - hopefully it
won't interfere with the beam adjustment.

It's been a case of "two steps forward, one step back". The number of
times I've fitted something, then had to remove it again because the
next bit can't be fitted with the other bit installed, is amazing. Or
found that the really flimsy mounting lugs for stuff, like the tail
light, are a common breakage point: the tailpiece that I've kept in
the loft all these years has these missing as well. I've shoved in a
load of Araldite and hope for the best - it's too fiddly to fix
properly.

There have been some frustrations: the replacement left switchgear was
only £25, and now I know why: the clutch switch connector was missing
(I've grafted the one off the broken assembly) and the "pass" switch
doesn't work.

Also making it harder is the fact that reassembly is not the reverse
of disassembly, and I wasn't intimately involved in the disassembly
part to begin with..

--

-Pip

Re: IT LIVES!

<jgo9esFaburU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10281&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10281

From: edd...@deguello.org (Eddie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: Re: IT LIVES!
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 09:05:44 +0100
 by: Eddie - Mon, 13 Jun 2022 08:05 UTC

On 12/06/2022 11:39, Pipl wrote:
> Mwahahaha!!!!

Good work.

> Also making it harder is the fact that reassembly is not the reverse
> of disassembly, and I wasn't intimately involved in the disassembly
> part to begin with..

Probably best that you weren't too closely involved, really.

--
Eddie eddie@deguello.org

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / IT LIVES!