I did it just to piss you off. :-P -- Branden Robinson in a message to debian-devel

aus+uk / uk.rec.gardening / Strimmer recommendation

SubjectAuthor
* Strimmer recommendationPeter
`* Re: Strimmer recommendationChris Green
 `* Re: Strimmer recommendationPeter
  `* Re: Strimmer recommendationChris Green
   `* Re: Strimmer recommendationPeter
    +- Re: Strimmer recommendationChris Green
    `* Re: Strimmer recommendationJanet
     `* Re: Strimmer recommendationChris Green
      +* Re: Strimmer recommendationChris Hogg
      |+* Re: Strimmer recommendationAlgernon Goss-Custard
      ||+* Re: Strimmer recommendationJeff Layman
      |||`- Re: Strimmer recommendationPeter
      ||+* Re: Strimmer recommendationJanet
      |||`* Re: Strimmer recommendationThe Natural Philosopher
      ||| `- Re: Strimmer recommendationJanet
      ||+- Re: Strimmer recommendationChris Hogg
      ||`- Re: Strimmer recommendationThe Natural Philosopher
      |`* Re: Strimmer recommendationThe Natural Philosopher
      | `- Re: Strimmer recommendationChris Hogg
      `- Re: Strimmer recommendationThe Natural Philosopher

1
Strimmer recommendation

<safkao$b5t$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1028&group=uk.rec.gardening#1028

From: peterxpe...@hotmail.com (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Strimmer recommendation
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 14:56:39 +0100
 by: Peter - Thu, 17 Jun 2021 13:56 UTC

I'm thinking of buying a strimmer and will be pleased if anyone wishes
to recommend a particular brand/model.

--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<5h1sph-h3eu1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1031&group=uk.rec.gardening#1031

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re: Strimmer recommendation
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:07:01 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Thu, 17 Jun 2021 14:07 UTC

Peter <peterxpercival@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking of buying a strimmer and will be pleased if anyone wishes
> to recommend a particular brand/model.

A little more information wouldn't go amiss! :-)

I.e. what is it going to be used for - trimming the edges of your
small lawn or hacking through the undergrowth at the end of your
smallholding or something in between?

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<safmu5$1lvc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1032&group=uk.rec.gardening#1032

From: peterxpe...@hotmail.com (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:41:08 +0100
 by: Peter - Thu, 17 Jun 2021 14:41 UTC

Chris Green wrote:
> Peter <peterxpercival@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm thinking of buying a strimmer and will be pleased if anyone wishes
>> to recommend a particular brand/model.
>>
> A little more information wouldn't go amiss! :-)
>
> I.e. what is it going to be used for - trimming the edges of your
> small lawn or hacking through the undergrowth at the end of your
> smallholding or something in between?

Something in between.

--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<4d4sph-6lju1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1033&group=uk.rec.gardening#1033

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:56:04 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Thu, 17 Jun 2021 14:56 UTC

Peter <peterxpercival@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Chris Green wrote:
> > Peter <peterxpercival@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> I'm thinking of buying a strimmer and will be pleased if anyone wishes
> >> to recommend a particular brand/model.
> >>
> > A little more information wouldn't go amiss! :-)
> >
> > I.e. what is it going to be used for - trimming the edges of your
> > small lawn or hacking through the undergrowth at the end of your
> > smallholding or something in between?
> >

> Something in between.

Oh come now, tell us some more! :-)

How much do you want to do at a time? Is it just grass or weeds that
you want to cut? Etc.

.... and do you prefer electric or petrol or cordless? Though this
choice does depend somewhat on the application.

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<saftin$134b$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1034&group=uk.rec.gardening#1034

From: peterxpe...@hotmail.com (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 17:34:31 +0100
 by: Peter - Thu, 17 Jun 2021 16:34 UTC

Chris Green wrote:
> Peter <peterxpercival@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Chris Green wrote:
>>>>
>>> A little more information wouldn't go amiss! :-)
>>>
>>> I.e. what is it going to be used for - trimming the edges of your
>>> small lawn or hacking through the undergrowth at the end of your
>>> smallholding or something in between?
>>>

>> Something in between.
>>
> Oh come now, tell us some more! :-)
>
> How much do you want to do at a time? Is it just grass or weeds that
> you want to cut? Etc.
>
> ... and do you prefer electric or petrol or cordless? Though this
> choice does depend somewhat on the application.

Electric. Substantial weeds. A passage serving the backs of the houses
(where I come from such a passage is called an entry) used to be sprayed
by the council (i.e., contractors engaged by the council) to keep the
weeds down. It no longer is, and I am concerned that the weeds will
displace or break the paving stones. So I am going to de-weed it my self.

--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<h1csph-3i1v1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1035&group=uk.rec.gardening#1035

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 18:06:25 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Thu, 17 Jun 2021 17:06 UTC

Peter <peterxpercival@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Chris Green wrote:
> > Peter <peterxpercival@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> Something in between.
> >>
> > Oh come now, tell us some more! :-)
> >
> > How much do you want to do at a time? Is it just grass or weeds that
> > you want to cut? Etc.
> >
> > ... and do you prefer electric or petrol or cordless? Though this
> > choice does depend somewhat on the application.
> >

> Electric. Substantial weeds. A passage serving the backs of the houses
> (where I come from such a passage is called an entry) used to be sprayed
> by the council (i.e., contractors engaged by the council) to keep the
> weeds down. It no longer is, and I am concerned that the weeds will
> displace or break the paving stones. So I am going to de-weed it my self.

OK, then in my moderate experience Bosch and Ryobi are OK, you
probably need something in the 400 to 500 watt area if we're talking
mains electric. I have a Ryobi RLT4027 which is 400W and is our
'small' strimmer, it's put up with a fair amount of abuse and still
works OK. I think it's been superseded now.

The Ryobi I have has a swivelling head and an adjustable height handle
which I find handy. My previous Bosch had little wheels which was
also handy when getting under overhanging branches.

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<MPG.3b36de3f356705ae989a7b@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1038&group=uk.rec.gardening#1038

From: nob...@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 17:46:24 +0100
 by: Janet - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 16:46 UTC

In article <saftin$134b$1@gioia.aioe.org>, peterxpercival@hotmail.com
says...

> Chris Green wrote:
> > Peter <peterxpercival@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> Something in between.
> >>
> > Oh come now, tell us some more! :-)
> >
> > How much do you want to do at a time? Is it just grass or weeds that
> > you want to cut? Etc.
> >
> > ... and do you prefer electric or petrol or cordless? Though this
> > choice does depend somewhat on the application.
> >

> Electric. Substantial weeds. A passage serving the backs of the houses
> (where I come from such a passage is called an entry) used to be sprayed
> by the council (i.e., contractors engaged by the council) to keep the
> weeds down. It no longer is, and I am concerned that the weeds will
> displace or break the paving stones. So I am going to de-weed it my self.

It would be cheaper and longer-effective to spray the weeds yourself.

Janet

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<o12vph-tjh42.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1039&group=uk.rec.gardening#1039

From: cl...@isbd.net (Chris Green)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 18:34:16 +0100
 by: Chris Green - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 17:34 UTC

Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:
> In article <saftin$134b$1@gioia.aioe.org>, peterxpercival@hotmail.com
> says...
> >
> > Chris Green wrote:

> > > Oh come now, tell us some more! :-)
> > >
> > > How much do you want to do at a time? Is it just grass or weeds that
> > > you want to cut? Etc.
> > >
> > > ... and do you prefer electric or petrol or cordless? Though this
> > > choice does depend somewhat on the application.
> > >

> > Electric. Substantial weeds. A passage serving the backs of the houses
> > (where I come from such a passage is called an entry) used to be sprayed
> > by the council (i.e., contractors engaged by the council) to keep the
> > weeds down. It no longer is, and I am concerned that the weeds will
> > displace or break the paving stones. So I am going to de-weed it my self.
>
> It would be cheaper and longer-effective to spray the weeds yourself.

Except that I doubt the weedkillers available to 'domestic' users will
be anywhere near as powerful and effective as the ones that were used
by the council.

--
Chris Green
·

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<kbspcgpn5mgfsm0867581ggija8vq1lvpu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1040&group=uk.rec.gardening#1040

From: me...@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 20:26:18 +0100
 by: Chris Hogg - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 19:26 UTC

On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 18:34:16 +0100, Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:

>Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:
>> In article <saftin$134b$1@gioia.aioe.org>, peterxpercival@hotmail.com
>> says...

>> > Electric. Substantial weeds. A passage serving the backs of the houses
>> > (where I come from such a passage is called an entry) used to be sprayed
>> > by the council (i.e., contractors engaged by the council) to keep the
>> > weeds down. It no longer is, and I am concerned that the weeds will
>> > displace or break the paving stones. So I am going to de-weed it my self.
>>
>> It would be cheaper and longer-effective to spray the weeds yourself.
>>
>Except that I doubt the weedkillers available to 'domestic' users will
>be anywhere near as powerful and effective as the ones that were used
>by the council.

But merely strimming them will only take the tops off, and for
deep-rooted weeds such as dandelions, docks or thistles that's
insufficient to kill them - they just sprout again. A glyphosate-based
weedkiller will get down to the roots and kill the whole plant. It
won't be instantaneous, but after a week or ten days the weeds should
be showing visible signs of distress.

--
Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall, very mild, sheltered
from the West, but open to the North and East.

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<iGlL$YHBsQzgFwnR@invalid.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1041&group=uk.rec.gardening#1041

From: Ben...@nowhere.com (Algernon Goss-Custard)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 22:07:13 +0100
 by: Algernon Goss-Custar - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 21:07 UTC

Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> posted
>On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 18:34:16 +0100, Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
>>Except that I doubt the weedkillers available to 'domestic' users will
>>be anywhere near as powerful and effective as the ones that were used
>>by the council.
>
>But merely strimming them will only take the tops off, and for
>deep-rooted weeds such as dandelions, docks or thistles that's
>insufficient to kill them - they just sprout again. A glyphosate-based
>weedkiller will get down to the roots and kill the whole plant. It
>won't be instantaneous, but after a week or ten days the weeds should
>be showing visible signs of distress.

Glyphosate weedkillers are no longer available to the general public.

--
Algernon

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<saj2uj$qqq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1042&group=uk.rec.gardening#1042

From: jmlay...@invalid.invalid (Jeff Layman)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 22:24:34 +0100
 by: Jeff Layman - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 21:24 UTC

On 18/06/2021 22:07, Algernon Goss-Custard wrote:
> Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> posted
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 18:34:16 +0100, Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
>>> Except that I doubt the weedkillers available to 'domestic' users will
>>> be anywhere near as powerful and effective as the ones that were used
>>> by the council.
>>
>> But merely strimming them will only take the tops off, and for
>> deep-rooted weeds such as dandelions, docks or thistles that's
>> insufficient to kill them - they just sprout again. A glyphosate-based
>> weedkiller will get down to the roots and kill the whole plant. It
>> won't be instantaneous, but after a week or ten days the weeds should
>> be showing visible signs of distress.
>
> Glyphosate weedkillers are no longer available to the general public.

See Section 4 on page 6 at
<https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/pdfs/weedkiller-for-home-gardeners.pdf>

--

Jeff

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<MPG.3b3723433a83db94989a7c@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1043&group=uk.rec.gardening#1043

From: nob...@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 22:40:52 +0100
 by: Janet - Fri, 18 Jun 2021 21:40 UTC

In article <iGlL$YHBsQzgFwnR@invalid.com>, Ben@nowhere.com says...

> Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> posted
> >On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 18:34:16 +0100, Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> >>Except that I doubt the weedkillers available to 'domestic' users will
> >>be anywhere near as powerful and effective as the ones that were used
> >>by the council.
> >
> >But merely strimming them will only take the tops off, and for
> >deep-rooted weeds such as dandelions, docks or thistles that's
> >insufficient to kill them - they just sprout again. A glyphosate-based
> >weedkiller will get down to the roots and kill the whole plant. It
> >won't be instantaneous, but after a week or ten days the weeds should
> >be showing visible signs of distress.
>
> Glyphosate weedkillers are no longer available to the general public.

Yes they are.

file:///C:/Users/Janet/AppData/Local/Temp/RHS-Weedkillers-for-Home-
Gardeners.pdf

Janet

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<m80rcg1ppmj0t2ll26gne4825rosf2e37u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1044&group=uk.rec.gardening#1044

From: me...@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 06:32:56 +0100
 by: Chris Hogg - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 05:32 UTC

<chuckle> https://tinyurl.com/yj5atfsz

--
Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall, very mild, sheltered
from the West, but open to the North and East.

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<sakrqf$tps$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1050&group=uk.rec.gardening#1050

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 14:35:10 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 13:35 UTC

On 18/06/2021 18:34, Chris Green wrote:
> Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:

>> It would be cheaper and longer-effective to spray the weeds yourself.
>>
> Except that I doubt the weedkillers available to 'domestic' users will
> be anywhere near as powerful and effective as the ones that were used
> by the council.

Did you know that if you boil bleach, you get a dilute solution of
sodium chlorate?

And salt, but the combination is likely to kill everything.

Do boil outside and not in aluminium - some chlorine is produced

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<sakrsr$tps$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1051&group=uk.rec.gardening#1051

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 14:36:27 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 13:36 UTC

On 18/06/2021 20:26, Chris Hogg wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 18:34:16 +0100, Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
>
>> Janet <nobody@home.com> wrote:
>>> In article <saftin$134b$1@gioia.aioe.org>, peterxpercival@hotmail.com
>>> says...

>>> It would be cheaper and longer-effective to spray the weeds yourself.
>>>
>> Except that I doubt the weedkillers available to 'domestic' users will
>> be anywhere near as powerful and effective as the ones that were used
>> by the council.
>
> But merely strimming them will only take the tops off, and for
> deep-rooted weeds such as dandelions, docks or thistles that's
> insufficient to kill them - they just sprout again. A glyphosate-based
> weedkiller will get down to the roots and kill the whole plant. It
> won't be instantaneous, but after a week or ten days the weeds should
> be showing visible signs of distress.

the path clearing weedkillers also have a poison that will prevent
annual weeds from pooping up for a few months at least

--
“Ideas are inherently conservative. They yield not to the attack of
other ideas but to the massive onslaught of circumstance"

- John K Galbraith

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<sakru7$tps$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1052&group=uk.rec.gardening#1052

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 14:37:11 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 13:37 UTC

On 18/06/2021 22:07, Algernon Goss-Custard wrote:
> Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> posted
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 18:34:16 +0100, Chris Green <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
>>> Except that I doubt the weedkillers available to 'domestic' users will
>>> be anywhere near as powerful and effective as the ones that were used
>>> by the council.
>>
>> But merely strimming them will only take the tops off, and for
>> deep-rooted weeds such as dandelions, docks or thistles that's
>> insufficient to kill them - they just sprout again. A glyphosate-based
>> weedkiller will get down to the roots and kill the whole plant. It
>> won't be instantaneous, but after a week or ten days the weeds should
>> be showing visible signs of distress.
>
> Glyphosate weedkillers are no longer available to the general public.

I wonder what I bought last week that said 'contains glyphosate' was then?

--
“It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.”

Thomas Sowell

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<saks2a$tps$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1053&group=uk.rec.gardening#1053

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 14:39:22 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 13:39 UTC

On 18/06/2021 22:40, Janet wrote:
> In article <iGlL$YHBsQzgFwnR@invalid.com>, Ben@nowhere.com says...
>>
>> Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> posted
>>>
>>> But merely strimming them will only take the tops off, and for
>>> deep-rooted weeds such as dandelions, docks or thistles that's
>>> insufficient to kill them - they just sprout again. A glyphosate-based
>>> weedkiller will get down to the roots and kill the whole plant. It
>>> won't be instantaneous, but after a week or ten days the weeds should
>>> be showing visible signs of distress.
>>
>> Glyphosate weedkillers are no longer available to the general public.
>
> Yes they are.
>
> file:///C:/Users/Janet/AppData/Local/Temp/RHS-Weedkillers-for-Home-
> Gardeners.pdf
>
> Janet

Darling, I dont even have a C: drive...

--
“It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.”

Thomas Sowell

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<sal2g2$995$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1060&group=uk.rec.gardening#1060

From: peterxpe...@hotmail.com (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 16:29:05 +0100
 by: Peter - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 15:29 UTC

Jeff Layman wrote:
> On 18/06/2021 22:07, Algernon Goss-Custard wrote:
>> Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> posted
>>>
>>> But merely strimming them will only take the tops off, and for
>>> deep-rooted weeds such as dandelions, docks or thistles that's
>>> insufficient to kill them - they just sprout again. A glyphosate-based
>>> weedkiller will get down to the roots and kill the whole plant. It
>>> won't be instantaneous, but after a week or ten days the weeds should
>>> be showing visible signs of distress.
>>
>> Glyphosate weedkillers are no longer available to the general public.
>
> See Section 4 on page 6 at
> <https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/pdfs/weedkiller-for-home-gardeners.pdf>

That's a useful document. Thank you for posting the link.

--
The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here
Abraham Lincoln at Gettysburg

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<254ucgde372b12ofiva62lcfp034eo3flc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1064&group=uk.rec.gardening#1064

From: me...@privacy.net (Chris Hogg)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 11:01:20 +0100
 by: Chris Hogg - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 10:01 UTC

On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 14:36:27 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
<tnp@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>On 18/06/2021 20:26, Chris Hogg wrote:
>>
>> But merely strimming them will only take the tops off, and for
>> deep-rooted weeds such as dandelions, docks or thistles that's
>> insufficient to kill them - they just sprout again. A glyphosate-based
>> weedkiller will get down to the roots and kill the whole plant. It
>> won't be instantaneous, but after a week or ten days the weeds should
>> be showing visible signs of distress.
>>
>the path clearing weedkillers also have a poison that will prevent
>annual weeds from pooping up for a few months at least

In the past they used to contain Simazine, which was very effective,
but like a lot of effective things, it was banned by the EU, probably
never to return. I believe the replacements aren't so good.

--
Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall, very mild, sheltered
from the West, but open to the North and East.

Re: Strimmer recommendation

<MPG.3b392e3c40ad28c0989a82@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1068&group=uk.rec.gardening#1068

From: nob...@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 11:52:13 +0100
References: <safkao$b5t$1@gioia.aioe.org> <5h1sph-h3eu1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <safmu5$1lvc$1@gioia.aioe.org> <4d4sph-6lju1.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <saftin$134b$1@gioia.aioe.org> <MPG.3b36de3f356705ae989a7b@news.individual.net> <o12vph-tjh42.ln1@esprimo.zbmc.eu> <kbspcgpn5mgfsm0867581ggija8vq1lvpu@4ax.com> <iGlL$YHBsQzgFwnR@invalid.com> <MPG.3b3723433a83db94989a7c@news.individual.net> <saks2a$tps$4@dont-email.me>
 by: Janet - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 10:52 UTC

In article <saks2a$tps$4@dont-email.me>, tnp@invalid.invalid says...

> On 18/06/2021 22:40, Janet wrote:
> > In article <iGlL$YHBsQzgFwnR@invalid.com>, Ben@nowhere.com says...
> >>
> >> Chris Hogg <me@privacy.net> posted

> >> Glyphosate weedkillers are no longer available to the general public.
> >
> > Yes they are.
> >
> > file:///C:/Users/Janet/AppData/Local/Temp/RHS-Weedkillers-for-Home-
> > Gardeners.pdf
> >
> > Janet
> >
> Darling, I dont even have a C: drive...

Then you don't stand a chance with me, mister.

Janet