Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Damp Ankles Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Jul 2021)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 19:05:41 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 26 Jul 2021 00:05 UTC

You have hospitals that can't accept new patients becuase of the flooding.
This is officially the worst timeline.

Play:
--=--

Yakuza 0 (PC) - Stuck on the escort mission, where Majima has to get
somebody off to the end of the chapter safely. It's a giant pain in the
ass and requires a ton of preparation, or at least a willingness to skip
all the stealth crap and just get by with combat. I remember on the PS4
this particular part of the game took me four or five tries.

Sega Rally Revo (PC) - Have I resorted to mixing and matching files
between the US and EU releases in order to enable play without SecuROM?
Yes I have! More details in the podcast, or not because not everything is
on the up and up here.

Want:
--=--

More time - I really want to spend a few solid hours tweaking and
implementing the homebrew Phantasy Star Online server, but all I can spare
is five or ten minutes at a time. And that's not really good for
repetitive troubleshooting of a completely trivial application.

Cotton Remastered (PS4/Switch) - I really haven't been able to pull the
trigger on just buying it, for what I assume are mature adult thinking
reasons. I do have a Amazon gift card coming that will probably solve that
problem.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,043

-KKC, who hopes to have a more normal week coming up.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Damp Ankles Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Jul 2021)

<im7m9fFb85tU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1034&group=uk.games.video.misc#1034

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Damp Ankles Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Jul 2021)
Date: 26 Jul 2021 11:57:35 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 26 Jul 2021 11:57 UTC

On 26 Jul 2021 at 01:05:41 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> You have hospitals that can't accept new patients becuase of the flooding.
> This is officially the worst timeline.

Gosh, I hope so.

> Play:
> --=--

Only long-title games this week.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU -> CEMU/Windows) -
Accidentally fell off the primary quest track by chasing towers, and got
into the Zora Divine Beast fight while still only on three hearts which
made the approach and boss fight a little tricky. I'll get back over to
Kakariko next.

Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy
(Switch) - solving all the puzzles in the usual manner. I'm continuing
to enjoy the 'England as seen from Japan" eccentricities in the setting.
It has a remarkable amount of pointless collectibles, which don't seem
to enhance the game at all. I shall ignore them.

> Want:
> --=--

Brain cells at the moment. I seem to be trading physical ability for
thinking ability, and leaning too heavily over on physical just now.
Hopefully leveling up body will allow brain to come along for the ride
later.

> Bin:
> -==-

Stupid meat shells.

> -KKC, who hopes to have a more normal week coming up.

Worth a try!

Cheers - Jaimie

--
The Daily Mail should be forced to print the words
'The Paper That Supported Hitler' on its masthead,

Re: Damp Ankles Play Want Bin (PWBE 26 Jul 2021)

<s4ALI.1268578$O2a8.1025194@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1035&group=uk.games.video.misc#1035

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 14:58:32 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 26 Jul 2021 14:58 UTC

> Play:

Lego Star Wars 2 (PSP) - cleared the Episode IV story, and some of
Episode V. This is apparently one of the PSP Lego games that were
fairly faithful ports, so it's more of a straightforward replay than
I'd been expecting. That said, it does add some small extras - since
they apparently never did the first LSW for PSP, it brings over
characters from that, as well as what looks like the final level of
each episode (completing them unlocks the boss from that level, more
or less).

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

LSW2's Stormtrooper switches, which get pretty annoying in Story mode
as you have to get a temporary Stormtrooper helmet which you lose if
you take any hits. This feels really wrong in a game which is
otherwise "oh you got hit four times and died, have a respawn".

PSP LSW2's hub area not having any other characters wandering around,
which I think the console versions did have. As small as it is
compared to the modern hubs, this still has it feeling weirdly empty.

-Rus.