Anything is good if it's made of chocolate.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Decamped

SubjectAuthor
* DecampedTone
`* DecampedJohn Williamson
 `* DecampedTone
  +* DecampedRustyHinge
  |`* DecampedTone
  | `* DecampedRustyHinge
  |  +- DecampedTone
  |  `* DecampedMike Fleming
  |   `- DecampedRustyHinge
  `- DecampedSam Plusnet

1
Decamped

<t5djtt$gln$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10367&group=uk.rec.sheds#10367

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Decamped
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 12:56:45 +0100
 by: Tone - Tue, 10 May 2022 11:56 UTC

Well that went fairly well. First time out with t'caravan this year.
Found I could do most things as long as I took me time and had a regular
breather. Long covid is a bar steward. Two years out of breath now.

Extended the camp from two days to four.

The prospective X^5 who came along for the 'ride' wasn't so successful
though. She's so laid back she's practically catatonic!

Found I had to do everything for her, too. That wasn't the idea!

Tone

Re: Decamped

<jdv435Fq27fU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10370&group=uk.rec.sheds#10370

From: johnwill...@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Decamped
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 13:28:20 +0100
 by: John Williamson - Tue, 10 May 2022 12:28 UTC

On 10/05/2022 12:56, Tone wrote:
> Well that went fairly well. First time out with t'caravan this year.
> Found I could do most things as long as I took me time and had a regular
> breather. Long covid is a bar steward. Two years out of breath now.
>
> Extended the camp from two days to four.
>
> The prospective X^5 who came along for the 'ride' wasn't so successful
> though. She's so laid back she's practically catatonic!
>
> Found I had to do everything for her, too. That wasn't the idea!

A good time had and lessons learned , then.

Sounds like a win to me.

Was this the festival or is that later?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Decamped

<t5donc$s0p$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10373&group=uk.rec.sheds#10373

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 14:18:35 +0100
 by: Tone - Tue, 10 May 2022 13:18 UTC

On 10/05/2022 13:28, John Williamson wrote:
> On 10/05/2022 12:56, Tone wrote:
>> Well that went fairly well. First time out with t'caravan this year.
>> Found I could do most things as long as I took me time and had a regular
>> breather. Long covid is a bar steward. Two years out of breath now.
>>
>> Extended the camp from two days to four.
>>
>> The prospective X^5 who came along for the 'ride' wasn't so successful
>> though. She's so laid back she's practically catatonic!
>>
>> Found I had to do everything for her, too. That wasn't the idea!
>>

> A good time had and lessons learned , then.
>
> Sounds like a win to me.
>
> Was this the festival or is that later?

Ah no.

This was the prequential (is that a worm?) test flight for ye first
festival that I am invited to, that comes over the late ( not late) May
BH, the Great North Folk Festival at Brotton Village in the Moors :-

https://greatnorthfolk.com/

More to follow (If I'm spared.)

Tone

Re: Decamped

<t5dq10$k6i$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10374&group=uk.rec.sheds#10374

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 14:40:47 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 10 May 2022 13:40 UTC

On 10/05/2022 14:18, Tone wrote:
> On 10/05/2022 13:28, John Williamson wrote:
>> On 10/05/2022 12:56, Tone wrote:
>>> Well that went fairly well. First time out with t'caravan this year.
>>> Found I could do most things as long as I took me time and had a regular
>>> breather. Long covid is a bar steward. Two years out of breath now.
>>>
>>> Extended the camp from two days to four.
>>>
>>> The prospective X^5 who came along for the 'ride' wasn't so successful
>>> though. She's so laid back she's practically catatonic!
>>>
>>> Found I had to do everything for her, too. That wasn't the idea!
>>>

>> A good time had and lessons learned , then.
>>
>> Sounds like a win to me.
>>
>> Was this the festival or is that later?
>>

> Ah no.
>
> This was the prequential (is that a worm?) test flight for ye first
> festival that I am invited to, that comes over the late ( not late) May
> BH, the Great North Folk Festival at Brotton Village in the Moors :-
>
> https://greatnorthfolk.com/
>
> More to follow (If I'm spared.)

IRTA 'If I'm speared' and gooved it orta bee 'if I'm spread'

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Decamped

<t5durm$vo$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10381&group=uk.rec.sheds#10381

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 16:03:18 +0100
 by: Tone - Tue, 10 May 2022 15:03 UTC

On 10/05/2022 14:40, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 10/05/2022 14:18, Tone wrote:

>>> A good time had and lessons learned , then.
>>>
>>> Sounds like a win to me.
>>>
>>> Was this the festival or is that later?
>>>

>> Ah no.
>>
>> This was the prequential (is that a worm?) test flight for ye first
>> festival that I am invited to, that comes over the late ( not late)
>> May BH, the Great North Folk Festival at Brotton Village in the Moors :-
>>
>> https://greatnorthfolk.com/
>>
>> More to follow (If I'm spared.)
>
> IRTA 'If I'm speared' and gooved it orta bee 'if I'm spread'

I think your mind needs a pull-through, Rusty me old squeeeeeeaky mate.

Tone

Re: Decamped

<t5e1po$tvj$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10383&group=uk.rec.sheds#10383

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 16:53:28 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 10 May 2022 15:53 UTC

On 10/05/2022 16:03, Tone wrote:
> On 10/05/2022 14:40, RustyHinge wrote:

>>> Ah no.
>>>
>>> This was the prequential (is that a worm?) test flight for ye first
>>> festival that I am invited to, that comes over the late ( not late)
>>> May BH, the Great North Folk Festival at Brotton Village in the Moors :-
>>>
>>> https://greatnorthfolk.com/
>>>
>>> More to follow (If I'm spared.)
>>
>> IRTA 'If I'm speared' and gooved it orta bee 'if I'm spread'
>>

> I think your mind needs a pull-through, Rusty me old squeeeeeeaky mate.

Stock question: what is the weight of a pull-through?

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Decamped

<t5e2it$6ac$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10384&group=uk.rec.sheds#10384

From: ton...@email.com (Tone)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 17:06:52 +0100
 by: Tone - Tue, 10 May 2022 16:06 UTC

On 10/05/2022 16:53, RustyHinge wrote:
> On 10/05/2022 16:03, Tone wrote:

>>> IRTA 'If I'm speared' and gooved it orta bee 'if I'm spread'
>>>

>> I think your mind needs a pull-through, Rusty me old squeeeeeeaky mate.
>
> Stock question: what is the weight of a pull-through?

About ten minutes?

Tone

Re: Decamped

<jdvkuuFt7d1U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10386&group=uk.rec.sheds#10386

From: mik...@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 18:16:13 +0100
 by: Mike Fleming - Tue, 10 May 2022 17:16 UTC

On 10/05/2022 16:53, RustyHinge wrote:

> Stock question: what is the weight of a pull-through?

Brass?

And was the "stock" an allusion to where one might find such an
implement secreted?

Re: Decamped

<t5eclu$lda$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10387&group=uk.rec.sheds#10387

From: rusty.hi...@foobar.girolle.co.uk (RustyHinge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 19:59:09 +0100
 by: RustyHinge - Tue, 10 May 2022 18:59 UTC

On 10/05/2022 18:16, Mike Fleming wrote:
> On 10/05/2022 16:53, RustyHinge wrote:
>>
>> Stock question: what is the weight of a pull-through?
>
> Brass?
>
> And was the "stock" an allusion to where one might find such an
> implement secreted?

Hidden in butt-trap (oo-er!)

No, the 'stock' answer not hoped for (spoils their illusion of
superiority) by drill sergeants and SMs of a variety of flavours is:
it's the brass tube bonded onto the end of the pull-through opposite the
cleaning rag loops. Not only 4 x 2 is used in such operations.

There was an interesting talk on fainting on parade on R4 s'arternoon: I
could have added to it: while right marker for our large school CCF*
contingent, it was very ot, and raining cattles and doggles. We were
parading in the School hall because of the deluge and I was getting
otter and otter, and I was never one for amphibious mustelids.

* Combined Cadet Force. I was in the Army contingent.

I was concious of not being quite concious, so I decided to fall-out
properly. I came to attention and the next thing I unforget was hearing
the voice of our inspecting officer, an Air Vice-Marshal, saying: "He's
coming round." Satisfied I was round, he said to me:"You did that
magnificently, Corporal - only the Army could do it like that! You came
to attention, right-turned, and went down like a ramrod, your rifle at
your side."

Such praise from a high-ranking RAF officer compensated for the ignomity
of the fall-out.

A little.

--
Rusty Hinge

Re: Decamped

<TwzeK.40513$7p1.30296@fx04.ams1>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10397&group=uk.rec.sheds#10397

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 21:01:54 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Tue, 10 May 2022 20:01 UTC

On 10-May-22 14:18, Tone wrote:
> On 10/05/2022 13:28, John Williamson wrote:
>> On 10/05/2022 12:56, Tone wrote:
>>> Well that went fairly well. First time out with t'caravan this year.
>>> Found I could do most things as long as I took me time and had a regular
>>> breather. Long covid is a bar steward. Two years out of breath now.
>>>
>>> Extended the camp from two days to four.
>>>
>>> The prospective X^5 who came along for the 'ride' wasn't so successful
>>> though. She's so laid back she's practically catatonic!
>>>
>>> Found I had to do everything for her, too. That wasn't the idea!
>>>

>> A good time had and lessons learned , then.
>>
>> Sounds like a win to me.
>>
>> Was this the festival or is that later?
>>

> Ah no.
>
> This was the prequential (is that a worm?) test flight for ye first
> festival that I am invited to, that comes over the late ( not late) May
> BH, the Great North Folk Festival at Brotton Village in the Moors :-
>
> https://greatnorthfolk.com/
>
> More to follow (If I'm spared.)

A Shake-down cruise (watch out for FOST at Portland).

--
Sam Plusnet