It'll be a nice world if they ever get it finished.

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / The Apple iCloud ❤️

SubjectAuthor
* The Apple iCloud ❤️David Brooks
+* Re: The Apple iCloud ??Kelly Phillips
|`- Re: The Apple iCloudAnymouse
`- Re: The Apple iCloud ❤️Joerg Lorenz

1
The Apple iCloud ❤️

<Kq9RK.10761$1Ly7.6766@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10489&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#10489

Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.comp.os.windows-10
From: Dav...@invalid.invalid (David Brooks)
Subject: The Apple iCloud ❤️
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 23:14:02 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 22:14 UTC

Hi

I've been on a bit of a journey, computer-wise, over the past week.

When I visit www.icloud.com I now see this detail on-screen ...
https://jmp.sh/vlXWhTC

I see an /identical/ image at that URL, regardless of whether I'm using
Windows XP, Linux Mint or macOS Monterey Version 15.5.1

Did YOU know that one could see what's on an Apple iMac's screen when
using a Microsoft Windows computer? I most certainly didn't until a week
ago! Yes - it IS outrageous that I didn't know, having been using an
Apple iMac since 2009. <rolls eyes>

More importantly, I had absolutely no idea that the *iCloud DRIVE*
facility effectively works just like a plug-in USB external hard drive -
but it is NEVER scanned by Apple or by any third-party anti-malware
software.

I found files in my iCloud drive harking way back to 2005, long before I
even had a Mac! What a great place for malware to hide in plain sight!

May I suggest that YOU check what's installed on YOUR iCloud DRIVE?

There is now a comprehensive page of information about the iCloud which
may be found here: https://www.apple.com/uk/icloud/ (Do scroll!)

--
With kind regards,
David B.

Re: The Apple iCloud ??

<07gahh118sr2n7gu8kbc6550gl8p7t6i61@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10490&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#10490

From: KFi...@podcasts.org (Kelly Phillips)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Subject: Re: The Apple iCloud ??
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 19:31:38 -0500
 by: Kelly Phillips - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 00:31 UTC

On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 23:14:02 +0100, David Brooks <David@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Hi

What's the relevance and reason for including the Windows-10 group?

>I've been on a bit of a journey, computer-wise, over the past week.
>
>When I visit www.icloud.com I now see this detail on-screen ...
>https://jmp.sh/vlXWhTC
>
>I see an /identical/ image at that URL, regardless of whether I'm using
>Windows XP, Linux Mint or macOS Monterey Version 15.5.1

Wait, were you expecting the contents of your cloud storage to be
different, based on which OS you were running when you accessed it? Does
that make any sense to you?

>Did YOU know that one could see what's on an Apple iMac's screen when
>using a Microsoft Windows computer?

That's blatantly false. What you're seeing when you access your cloud
storage is your cloud storage itself, not your iMac. I can't believe you
may have thought otherwise. Amazing.

>I most certainly didn't until a week
>ago! Yes - it IS outrageous that I didn't know, having been using an
>Apple iMac since 2009. <rolls eyes>

Where do you come up with your stupid conclusions?

>More importantly, I had absolutely no idea that the *iCloud DRIVE*
>facility effectively works just like a plug-in USB external hard drive -

You had no idea that your cloud storage had similarities to any other
kind of storage? Seriously?

> but it is NEVER scanned by Apple or by any third-party anti-malware
>software.

Files get scanned when you retrieve them. There's little or no reason to
scan them 'out there'.

>I found files in my iCloud drive harking way back to 2005, long before I
>even had a Mac! What a great place for malware to hide in plain sight!

Why have you been storing malware out there? What were your plans for
it?

>May I suggest that YOU check what's installed on YOUR iCloud DRIVE?

I'm not sure you'll be able to find people who are as clueless as you,
but good luck.

Re: The Apple iCloud ❤️

<tf3vu2$rjbt$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10491&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#10491

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 07:02:58 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 05:02 UTC

Am 05.09.22 um 00:14 schrieb David Brooks:
> Hi
>
> I've been on a bit of a journey, computer-wise, over the past week.
>
> When I visit www.icloud.com I now see this detail on-screen ...
> https://jmp.sh/vlXWhTC
>
> I see an /identical/ image at that URL, regardless of whether I'm using
> Windows XP, Linux Mint or macOS Monterey Version 15.5.1

Why does that surprise you?

> Did YOU know that one could see what's on an Apple iMac's screen when
> using a Microsoft Windows computer? I most certainly didn't until a week
> ago! Yes - it IS outrageous that I didn't know, having been using an
> Apple iMac since 2009. <rolls eyes>

???. That is a normal web page which has nothing to do what hardware
*you* use.

> More importantly, I had absolutely no idea that the *iCloud DRIVE*
> facility effectively works just like a plug-in USB external hard drive -
> but it is NEVER scanned by Apple or by any third-party anti-malware
> software.

Nonsense.

> I found files in my iCloud drive harking way back to 2005, long before I
> even had a Mac! What a great place for malware to hide in plain sight!

*You* placed it there. Malware as inactive data is absolutely harmless.

> May I suggest that YOU check what's installed on YOUR iCloud DRIVE?

No. I have very strict policies in place what is done and what not.

> There is now a comprehensive page of information about the iCloud which
> may be found here: https://www.apple.com/uk/icloud/ (Do scroll!)

Everything you present here is conspiracy theory.

X-postings eliminated.

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: The Apple iCloud

<tf4o67$3imbr$1@hunterbd.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10494&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#10494

From: nom...@gmail.invalid (Anymouse)
Newsgroups: alt.computer.workshop,uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 12:56:50 +0100
 by: Anymouse - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 11:56 UTC

On 05/09/2022 01:31, Kelly Phillips - A PSEUDONYM for .... who?

> On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 23:14:02 +0100, David Brooks <David@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>
> What's the relevance and reason for including the Windows-10 group?

David runs Windows 10 on a Toshiba laptop.

He also much values the opinions on many folk on the Windows-10 Usenet
group.