We don't care how they do it in New York.

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?

SubjectAuthor
* Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?Sylvia Else
+* Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?Sylvia Else
|+- Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?Yosemite Sam
|`- Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?Clocky
`* Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?Noddy
 +- Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?Xeno
 +* Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?alvey
 |`- Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?Yosemite Sam
 +- Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?Clocky
 +- Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?Clocky
 `- Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?Noddy

1
Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?

<j5gub5Flv68U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10542&group=aus.cars#10542

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 12:14:13 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 01:14 UTC

On 28-Jan-22 12:10 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> I had mine done years ago and the film is starting to wrinkle.
>
> How do you get this stuff off?

I don't know anything specific about car film, but the usual go with
such things is to apply heat to soften the glue. Clearly, this takes
judgement to avoid damaging anything else, or cracking the glass.

Sylvia.

Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?

<j5h5hhFn6liU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10549&group=aus.cars#10549

From: syl...@email.invalid (Sylvia Else)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 14:17:05 +1100
 by: Sylvia Else - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 03:17 UTC

On 28-Jan-22 2:07 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 12:14:13 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 28-Jan-22 12:10 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> I had mine done years ago and the film is starting to wrinkle.
>>>
>>> How do you get this stuff off?
>>
>> I don't know anything specific about car film, but the usual go with
>> such things is to apply heat to soften the glue. Clearly, this takes
>> judgement to avoid damaging anything else, or cracking the glass.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> Thanks, I'm going to smear some Vaseline over a portion of the area,
> and leave it there for two weeks to soften the plastic. Maybe this
> will work.

I would have to wonder whether a material used on a motor vehicle would
be subject to deterioration by a hydrocarbon. That would surely has
asking for trouble.

But who knows...?

Sylvia.

Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?

<ssvq76$ilv$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10551&group=aus.cars#10551

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 15:08:06 +1100
 by: Noddy - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 04:08 UTC

On 28/01/2022 2:07 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 12:14:13 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 28-Jan-22 12:10 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>>> I had mine done years ago and the film is starting to wrinkle.
>>>
>>> How do you get this stuff off?
>>
>> I don't know anything specific about car film, but the usual go with
>> such things is to apply heat to soften the glue. Clearly, this takes
>> judgement to avoid damaging anything else, or cracking the glass.
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> Thanks, I'm going to smear some Vaseline over a portion of the area,
> and leave it there for two weeks to soften the plastic. Maybe this
> will work.

ROTFL :) Why not use cheese sauce or Savlon? They're likely to be just
as effective.

Seriously, you *cannot* be this fucking stupid by accident :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?

<j5hgnjFp32oU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10555&group=aus.cars#10555

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 17:28:01 +1100
 by: Xeno - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 06:28 UTC

On 28/1/2022 3:08 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 28/01/2022 2:07 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 12:14:13 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> I don't know anything specific about car film, but the usual go with
>>> such things is to apply heat to soften the glue. Clearly, this takes
>>> judgement to avoid damaging anything else, or cracking the glass.
>>>
>>> Sylvia.
>>
>> Thanks, I'm going to smear some Vaseline over a portion of the area,
>> and leave it there for two weeks to soften the plastic.   Maybe this
>> will work.
>
> ROTFL :) Why not use cheese sauce or Savlon? They're likely to be just
> as effective.
>
> Seriously, you *cannot* be this fucking stupid by accident :)

There you go again, you retarded troll, hurling vitriol and invective
around and cruelling a genuine discussion. Didn't take you long, eh?

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?

<g6bl10tw30s5.h9ki98dga6vy.dlg@40tude.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10556&group=aus.cars#10556

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 16:54:40 +1000
 by: alvey - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 06:54 UTC

On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 15:08:06 +1100, Noddy wrote:

> On 28/01/2022 2:07 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 12:14:13 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> I don't know anything specific about car film, but the usual go with
>>> such things is to apply heat to soften the glue. Clearly, this takes
>>> judgement to avoid damaging anything else, or cracking the glass.
>>>
>>> Sylvia.
>>
>> Thanks, I'm going to smear some Vaseline over a portion of the area,
>> and leave it there for two weeks to soften the plastic. Maybe this
>> will work.
>
> ROTFL :) Why not use cheese sauce or Savlon? They're likely to be just
> as effective.
>
> Seriously, you *cannot* be this fucking stupid by accident :)

Given a choice between being helpful or ignoring a post, Fraudster, apu,
chooses being an abusive arsehole. His Defenders are seriously weird
people.

alvey

Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?

<j5hpo9Fqp96U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10560&group=aus.cars#10560

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 20:02:52 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 09:02 UTC

On 28/01/2022 5:54 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 15:08:06 +1100, Noddy wrote:
>
>> On 28/01/2022 2:07 pm, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Thanks, I'm going to smear some Vaseline over a portion of the area,
>>> and leave it there for two weeks to soften the plastic. Maybe this
>>> will work.
>> ROTFL :) Why not use cheese sauce or Savlon? They're likely to be just
>> as effective.
>>
>> Seriously, you *cannot* be this fucking stupid by accident :)
> Given a choice between being helpful or ignoring a post, Fraudster, apu,
> chooses being an abusive arsehole. His Defenders are seriously weird
> people.

yep! well perhaps there's more than just a smidgen of abusive arsehole
in them, so they relate

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam
"my own words are irrelevant"

Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?

<st0ph1$f3v$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10565&group=aus.cars#10565

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 21:02:28 +0800
 by: Clocky - Fri, 28 Jan 2022 13:02 UTC

On 28/01/2022 12:08 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 28/01/2022 2:07 pm, Peter Jason wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 12:14:13 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> I don't know anything specific about car film, but the usual go with
>>> such things is to apply heat to soften the glue. Clearly, this takes
>>> judgement to avoid damaging anything else, or cracking the glass.
>>>
>>> Sylvia.
>>
>> Thanks, I'm going to smear some Vaseline over a portion of the area,
>> and leave it there for two weeks to soften the plastic.   Maybe this
>> will work.
>
> ROTFL :) Why not use cheese sauce or Savlon? They're likely to be just
> as effective.
>
> Seriously, you *cannot* be this fucking stupid by accident :)

So which one of your enablers is going to defend this unwarranted abuse?

Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?

<st251a$3ij$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10576&group=aus.cars#10576

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 09:24:58 +0800
 by: Clocky - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 01:24 UTC

On 29/01/2022 6:14 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 15:08:06 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:
>
>> On 28/01/2022 2:07 pm, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Thanks, I'm going to smear some Vaseline over a portion of the area,
>>> and leave it there for two weeks to soften the plastic. Maybe this
>>> will work.
>>
>> ROTFL :) Why not use cheese sauce or Savlon? They're likely to be just
>> as effective.
>
> ....uh? There's nothing more elusive than the obvious!
>>
>> Seriously, you *cannot* be this fucking stupid by accident :)
>
> I've told mummy about your cruel jibes, and she's coming to see you,
> with a house brick!

Another knock to the head is unlikely to do any more damage. It might
even knock some sense into him.

Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?

<j5jsa1F8h1jU3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10583&group=aus.cars#10583

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 14:58:47 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 03:58 UTC

On 29/01/2022 9:03 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 14:17:05 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 28-Jan-22 2:07 pm, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Thanks, I'm going to smear some Vaseline over a portion of the area,
>>> and leave it there for two weeks to soften the plastic. Maybe this
>>> will work.
>> I would have to wonder whether a material used on a motor vehicle would
>> be subject to deterioration by a hydrocarbon. That would surely has
>> asking for trouble.
>>
>> But who knows...?
>>
>> Sylvia.
> I found this site listing various methods......
> https://www.carguided.com/remove-window-tint/
> .... but they're all so tedious!

I thought of another method.  smash all the windows and replace them.
:) but seriously, if the film is wrinkling then the glue is failing
which means it should be easier to remove via the various methods given
so far.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam
"my own words are irrelevant"
-noddy 5/08/2017 4:12 PM

Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?

<st32re$qqi$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10590&group=aus.cars#10590

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 20:53:49 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 09:53 UTC

On 29/01/2022 9:14 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 15:08:06 +1100, Noddy <me@home.com> wrote:

>> Seriously, you *cannot* be this fucking stupid by accident :)
>
> I've told mummy about your cruel jibes, and she's coming to see you,
> with a house brick!

Jesus. Could you be any *more* of a fucking moron?

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: Removing tinted plasic film from car windows?

<stqcdm$de2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=11135&group=aus.cars#11135

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 13:58:16 +0800
 by: Clocky - Mon, 7 Feb 2022 05:58 UTC

On 29/01/2022 6:03 am, Peter Jason wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2022 14:17:05 +1100, Sylvia Else <sylvia@email.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 28-Jan-22 2:07 pm, Peter Jason wrote:

>>> Thanks, I'm going to smear some Vaseline over a portion of the area,
>>> and leave it there for two weeks to soften the plastic. Maybe this
>>> will work.
>>
>> I would have to wonder whether a material used on a motor vehicle would
>> be subject to deterioration by a hydrocarbon. That would surely has
>> asking for trouble.
>>
>> But who knows...?
>>
>> Sylvia.
>
> I found this site listing various methods......
> https://www.carguided.com/remove-window-tint/
> .... but they're all so tedious!

I had no trouble removing it for the most part with just with the
scraper I linked to.