From: dev...@your.service.org (*Ördög*)
Subject: LNP's ultimate solution to running the country in "difficult times"
... Send in the Army!
Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 23:22:20 GMT
 by: *Ördög* - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 23:22 UTC

*Bringing in military won't fix COVID-19 crisis in aged care — it's just
another distraction from struggling system's flaws*
/ Analysis by Laura Tingle, ABC News, Australia/
<https://tinyurl.com/yae4hlu6>

"We are living in grim times. Governments, along with the rest of us,
have had to contemplate even grimmer scenarios.

The national security committee of cabinet, Defence Minister Peter Dutton,
told 7.30 on Thursday night, had been contemplating some particularly
grim prospects.

"When we were first briefed as a national security committee on COVID, we
were preparing for morgues at public hospitals, for defence personnel to
be deployed to turn people away from hospitals."

The rather apocalyptic picture Dutton painted of desperate people being
turned away from hospitals by gun toting military personnel came during a
spirited defence of his prime minister: a PM on the political ropes this
week, confronted by a disastrous polling slump and a trainwreck of an
appearance at the National Press Club, topped by text message revelations
that former NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian had described him as a
"horrible, horrible person" while an unknown cabinet minister had called
him a "complete psycho" and a "fraud".

Denying that he was the leaker, the one-time leadership aspirant was also
aggressively putting to bed any suggestion that he might make another
tilt at the top job. ..."
~~~

Now for a moment just try to imagine what would have been the case if we
were lead by actually competent political leader and not some closet
fascist but otherwise completely incompetent and yet fixated self
promoter LNP wackjobs....

--
Ördög - 👹️ - The newsgroup Devil at your service.

Want to see the most spiteful nasties of Australian politics?
Here I show you:

Just look no farther than the Liberal Party of Australia and
its dumb coalition partner:

This is their fundamental ideology (if one can call it that):
Capitalist neo-liberal/libertarian lies and alternate reality,
Lack of compassion for the already downtrodden,
Sociopathic greed & envy,
Endemic nepotistic and plutocratic corruption,
Vicious hunger for power and "born to rule mentality",
Xtian fundamentalism
Never ending misogyny & homophobia
Undeniable Anglo-Celtic racism and supremacy,
Unbridled hate for the underclasses,
Unrelenting vengeance seeking against political opponents...

Re: LNP's ultimate solution to running the country in "difficult times" ... Send in the Army!

<71599cde-bf81-455f-b839-6fba421fd1e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10568&group=aus.politics#10568

Newsgroups: aus.politics
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2022 15:32:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: LNP's ultimate solution to running the country in "difficult
times" ... Send in the Army!
From: bruc...@topmail.co.nz (Falscher Bruce)
 by: Falscher Bruce - Fri, 4 Feb 2022 23:32 UTC

To be fair, it's better than doing nothing, just too late.
We locked down nearly 2 years ago to save these old people. But then along came psycopath Domicron letting it rip, and isolation rules got relaxed when there weren't enough aged-care workers. Unfortunately the new variant was not mild enough to stop the oldies dropping like flies.

Re: LNP's ultimate solution to running the country in "difficult times" ... Send in the Army!

<op.1g3dzsbebyq249@pvr2.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10577&group=aus.politics#10577

From: rod.spee...@gmail.com (Rod Speed)
Newsgroups: aus.politics
times" ... Send in the Army!
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 11:51:18 +1100
 by: Rod Speed - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 00:51 UTC

Falscher Bruce <bruce56@topmail.co.nz> wrote

> To be fair, it's better than doing nothing, just too late.
> We locked down nearly 2 years ago to save these old people. But then
> along came psycopath Domicron letting it rip, and isolation rules got
> relaxed when there weren't enough aged-care workers. Unfortunately the
> new variant was not mild enough to stop the oldies dropping like flies.

Going to be interesting to see if WA and China get a better result.

aus+uk / aus.politics / Re: LNP's ultimate solution to running the country in "difficult times" ... Send in the Army!