From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Wilko and out
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 13:13:45 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 12:13 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66395824

<quotes>

UK homewares retailer Wilko has warned that it is on the brink of collapse, putting some 12,000 jobs at risk.

The privately-owned company said it had filed a "notice of intention" to appoint administrators after failing to find enough emergency investment.

</quotes>

Just the latest victim of brexit, covid, Biden's efforts to destroy Europe, and the government's efforts to destroy our economy and turn us into a third-world country.

They won't be the last.

Re: Wilko and out

<20230808180828.00006c02@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10561&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10561

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Re: Wilko and out
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 18:08:28 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Tue, 8 Aug 2023 17:08 UTC

:
> UK homewares retailer Wilko has warned that it is on the brink of
> collapse, putting some 12,000 jobs at risk.

Expecting them to just suddenly shut-up shop like others have I thought I'd stock up on freezer bags, baking foil, and other things I usually buy there, and that was something of an experience.

Judging by my local branch I don't think they are long for the high street.

The biggest shock wasn't that shelves are bare with many things out of stock, but that wooden spatulas, which used to cost 25p now costs, £1.50.

That's a 600% increase !

I'm going to blame brexit.

Re: Wilko and out

<20230810145313.000076b0@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10578&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10578

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 14:53:13 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 13:53 UTC

On Tue, 8 Aug 2023 18:08:28 +0100
The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Aug 2023 13:13:45 +0100
> The Happy Hippy <the.happy.hippy.nntp@ntlworld.invalid> wrote:
>
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66395824
> :
> > UK homewares retailer Wilko has warned that it is on the brink of
> > collapse, putting some 12,000 jobs at risk.

> Judging by my local branch I don't think they are long for the high
> street.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66460059

<quotes>

Wilko, the High Street homeware retailer, has collapsed into administration after failing to secure a rescue deal.

The chain has so far been unable to find enough emergency investment to save its 400 shops and 12,500 workers.

The stores will stay open for now, without any immediate job losses, and staff will continue to be paid.

</quotes>

It's impossible to tell how long they'll survive, or if they'll find a buyer.

The local Greens used to complaint about our high street looking like every other town's; a bland parade of big name corporate stores.

It still does now it's a parade of empty and out-of-business shops.

It won't be long before we are the third-world country Brexit was intended to make us.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Re: Wilko and out