From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Subject: Yorkshire cops - As soft as shite
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 22:02:11 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 21:02 UTC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-66462895

<quotes>

Police have received a complaint after a woman said her autistic daughter was arrested for saying a female officer "looked like her lesbian nana".

A video uploaded to TikTok by her mother showed the girl being detained by seven officers outside her home in Leeds early on Monday 7 August.

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said a 16-year-old had been arrested on suspicion of a homophobic public order offence but said the footage "only provides a very limited snapshot of the circumstances of this incident".

</quotes>

I am not convinced saying anyone looks like someone else's lesbian nana is an actual public order offence.

Nor homophobic; at best it's anti-straight.

It's just the police coming in mob-handed, throwing their weight around, abusing the powers they are given, punishing people for not showing the respect the think they deserve. Again.

There are some serious questions about what prejudices were at play here. And seven coppers to arrest a child ?

But maybe the kid will remember, for next time, the correct phrase is "My lesbian nana looks like you". In fact I've known a couple of lesbians who do. Maybe one grew up to be her nan ?

Re: Yorkshire cops - As soft as shite

<tScBM.438787$4yJ9.240917@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10582&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10582

From: ngspamme...@yahoo.com (TWP)
Subject: Re: Yorkshire cops - As soft as shite
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 21:43:53 GMT
 by: TWP - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 21:43 UTC

On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 22:02:11 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-66462895
>
> <quotes>
>
> Police have received a complaint after a woman said her autistic
> daughter was arrested for saying a female officer "looked like her
> lesbian nana".
>
> A video uploaded to TikTok by her mother showed the girl being detained
> by seven officers outside her home in Leeds early on Monday 7 August.
>
> A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said a 16-year-old had been arrested
> on suspicion of a homophobic public order offence but said the footage
> "only provides a very limited snapshot of the circumstances of this
> incident".
>
> </quotes>
>
> I am not convinced saying anyone looks like someone else's lesbian nana
> is an actual public order offence.
>
> Nor homophobic; at best it's anti-straight.
>
> It's just the police coming in mob-handed, throwing their weight around,
> abusing the powers they are given, punishing people for not showing the
> respect the think they deserve. Again.
>
> There are some serious questions about what prejudices were at play
> here. And seven coppers to arrest a child ?
>
> But maybe the kid will remember, for next time, the correct phrase is
> "My lesbian nana looks like you". In fact I've known a couple of
> lesbians who do. Maybe one grew up to be her nan ?

If her grandmother was a lesbian wouldn't she not exist? Maybe she's
related by adoption!

On a police series I think Sky used to do a man was arrested for swearing
at police and made to apologise to them before he was de-arrested. The
police at the time told him they couldn't have people showing disrespect
to them. The idea seemed to be that they needed public respect to be able
to do their jobs.

I could sort of see that, but they also need to show some kind of personal
resilience. Arresting kids for being offensive isn't going to lead to
respect.

Re: Yorkshire cops - As soft as shite

<20230811140654.00007731@ntlworld.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10585&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10585

From: the.happ...@ntlworld.invalid (The Happy Hippy)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 14:06:54 +0100
 by: The Happy Hippy - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 13:06 UTC

On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 21:43:53 GMT
TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 22:02:11 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>
> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-66462895
> >
> > <quotes>
> >
> > Police have received a complaint after a woman said her autistic
> > daughter was arrested for saying a female officer "looked like her
> > lesbian nana".
> >
> > A video uploaded to TikTok by her mother showed the girl being
> > detained by seven officers outside her home in Leeds early on
> > Monday 7 August.
> >
> > A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said a 16-year-old had been
> > arrested on suspicion of a homophobic public order offence but said
> > the footage "only provides a very limited snapshot of the
> > circumstances of this incident".
> >
> > </quotes>
> >
> > I am not convinced saying anyone looks like someone else's lesbian
> > nana is an actual public order offence.
> >
> > Nor homophobic; at best it's anti-straight.
> >
> > It's just the police coming in mob-handed, throwing their weight
> > around, abusing the powers they are given, punishing people for not
> > showing the respect the think they deserve. Again.
> >
> > There are some serious questions about what prejudices were at play
> > here. And seven coppers to arrest a child ?
> >
> > But maybe the kid will remember, for next time, the correct phrase
> > is "My lesbian nana looks like you". In fact I've known a couple of
> > lesbians who do. Maybe one grew up to be her nan ?
>

> If her grandmother was a lesbian wouldn't she not exist? Maybe she's
> related by adoption!

Plenty of lesbians have given birth.

> On a police series I think Sky used to do a man was arrested for
> swearing at police and made to apologise to them before he was
> de-arrested. The police at the time told him they couldn't have
> people showing disrespect to them. The idea seemed to be that they
> needed public respect to be able to do their jobs.

That's one of their most common tricks. It's an abuse of power with judges often finding swearing to be perfectly acceptable if it ever does get to court.

I was threatened with such an arrest after I was injured when a shelf collapsed on me in Sainsbury's and expressed my unhappiness about that. And for being threatened with being barred by the manager for having the audacity to complain about it.

It's typical 'do as we say and we'll punish you if you don't' fascism, setting themselves above the law.

They don't want respect; they want people to fear them and fear police power.

They know that treating an innocent person, or worse a victim, as a criminal will make them that criminal and then they can arrest. It's why they love Stop and Search. When they can provoke an arrestable response it justifies their unjustified Stop and Search.

I have been threatened with arrest so many times I've lost count. Last time was for filming armed officers taking on an innocent member of the public in a local park.

Unfortunately Home Secretaries hand police powers they know will be abused then express every confidence in the police when they abuse those powers. It's not surprise the police then think it's acceptable to abuse their powers.

The worst cases of police abuse were during covid lockdown.

> I could sort of see that, but they also need to show some kind of
> personal resilience. Arresting kids for being offensive isn't going
> to lead to respect.

No, it really does expose the fascism of the police state.

Mind you, it's not as bad as in America where cops can and will shoot you dead simply for not complying and will usually get away with it.

Re: Yorkshire cops - As soft as shite

<QkKBM.256876$Yvo3.138043@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10589&group=uk.current-events.terrorism#10589

From: ngspamme...@yahoo.com (TWP)
Newsgroups: uk.current-events.terrorism
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 11:49:04 GMT
 by: TWP - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 11:49 UTC

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 14:06:54 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 21:43:53 GMT TWP <ngspammersad@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 10 Aug 2023 22:02:11 +0100, The Happy Hippy wrote:
>>
>> > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-66462895
>> >
>> > <quotes>
>> >
>> > Police have received a complaint after a woman said her autistic
>> > daughter was arrested for saying a female officer "looked like her
>> > lesbian nana".
>> >
>> > A video uploaded to TikTok by her mother showed the girl being
>> > detained by seven officers outside her home in Leeds early on Monday
>> > 7 August.
>> >
>> > A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said a 16-year-old had been
>> > arrested on suspicion of a homophobic public order offence but said
>> > the footage "only provides a very limited snapshot of the
>> > circumstances of this incident".
>> >
>> > </quotes>
>> >
>> > I am not convinced saying anyone looks like someone else's lesbian
>> > nana is an actual public order offence.
>> >
>> > Nor homophobic; at best it's anti-straight.
>> >
>> > It's just the police coming in mob-handed, throwing their weight
>> > around, abusing the powers they are given, punishing people for not
>> > showing the respect the think they deserve. Again.
>> >
>> > There are some serious questions about what prejudices were at play
>> > here. And seven coppers to arrest a child ?
>> >
>> > But maybe the kid will remember, for next time, the correct phrase is
>> > "My lesbian nana looks like you". In fact I've known a couple of
>> > lesbians who do. Maybe one grew up to be her nan ?
>>

>> If her grandmother was a lesbian wouldn't she not exist? Maybe she's
>> related by adoption!
>
> Plenty of lesbians have given birth.

Well, yes. I was thinking they wouldn't want to have anything to do with
men but I suppose they don't have to do they. That's what I get for being
glib.

>> On a police series I think Sky used to do a man was arrested for
>> swearing at police and made to apologise to them before he was
>> de-arrested. The police at the time told him they couldn't have people
>> showing disrespect to them. The idea seemed to be that they needed
>> public respect to be able to do their jobs.
>
> That's one of their most common tricks. It's an abuse of power with
> judges often finding swearing to be perfectly acceptable if it ever does
> get to court.
>
> I was threatened with such an arrest after I was injured when a shelf
> collapsed on me in Sainsbury's and expressed my unhappiness about that.
> And for being threatened with being barred by the manager for having the
> audacity to complain about it.
>
> It's typical 'do as we say and we'll punish you if you don't' fascism,
> setting themselves above the law.
>
> They don't want respect; they want people to fear them and fear police
> power.
>
> They know that treating an innocent person, or worse a victim, as a
> criminal will make them that criminal and then they can arrest. It's why
> they love Stop and Search. When they can provoke an arrestable response
> it justifies their unjustified Stop and Search.
>
> I have been threatened with arrest so many times I've lost count. Last
> time was for filming armed officers taking on an innocent member of the
> public in a local park.
>
> Unfortunately Home Secretaries hand police powers they know will be
> abused then express every confidence in the police when they abuse those
> powers. It's not surprise the police then think it's acceptable to abuse
> their powers.
>
> The worst cases of police abuse were during covid lockdown.
>

>> I could sort of see that, but they also need to show some kind of
>> personal resilience. Arresting kids for being offensive isn't going to
>> lead to respect.
>
> No, it really does expose the fascism of the police state.
>
> Mind you, it's not as bad as in America where cops can and will shoot
> you dead simply for not complying and will usually get away with it.

The police are naturally going to attract that kind of people. There
probably is a place for warning people off but it should be confined to
people that pose a risk not just people that are having a bad day.

Kettling is an extension of the same kind of idea. It all plays on and
enhances people's feeling of being powerless.

aus+uk / uk.current-events.terrorism / Yorkshire cops - As soft as shite