There is a natural hootchy-kootchy to a goldfish. -- Walt Disney

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: JEEPZ

SubjectAuthor
* JEEPZjonz@ nothere.com
`* JEEPZDaryl
 +* JEEPZjonz@ nothere.com
 |`- JEEPZjonz@ nothere.com
 `* JEEPZClocky
  `* JEEPZkeithr0
   `* JEEPZXeno
    +* JEEPZkeithr0
    |+- JEEPZjonz@ nothere.com
    |`- JEEPZXeno
    `- JEEPZYosemite Sam

1
JEEPZ

<e1f377df-fbbc-4636-a186-571fd6a0ea0an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10499&group=aus.cars#10499

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 00:36:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: JEEPZ
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 08:36 UTC

Had a leaky muffler, with collapsed baffles, rusty tailpipe and blown flange gasket (A bloody rectangular thing with six fasteners) for a while, (well a couple of months.) <G> Muffler and pipe on my spare car are good.
SO Climbed under the spare car and started undoing rusty shit........Lasted 10 min, thought fuck this, and booked into the local zorst bloke. First time for everything eh. ;)
Turned out that apart from the known stuff, the cat had fallen apart and deposited half of itself in the muffler, the rest was loosened up and blown out. (quick fix.)
The end result was a car running *Much* better, smoother, and better economy, with pretty much an open system (Tho. got a tps coming yet. that should settle the box completely) Just shows, It had felt OK to me, I thought, But when the problems arrive sloooowly one is inclined to not notice..
My body is thanking me for *not* doing it myself..

Re: JEEPZ

<j5cpvkFs2ukU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10506&group=aus.cars#10506

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Subject: Re: JEEPZ
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 22:35:14 +1100
 by: Daryl - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 11:35 UTC

On 26/1/22 7:36 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> Had a leaky muffler, with collapsed baffles, rusty tailpipe and blown flange gasket (A bloody rectangular thing with six fasteners) for a while, (well a couple of months.) <G> Muffler and pipe on my spare car are good.
> SO Climbed under the spare car and started undoing rusty shit........Lasted 10 min, thought fuck this, and booked into the local zorst bloke. First time for everything eh. ;)
> Turned out that apart from the known stuff, the cat had fallen apart and deposited half of itself in the muffler, the rest was loosened up and blown out. (quick fix.)
> The end result was a car running *Much* better, smoother, and better economy, with pretty much an open system (Tho. got a tps coming yet. that should settle the box completely) Just shows, It had felt OK to me, I thought, But when the problems arrive sloooowly one is inclined to not notice..
> My body is thanking me for *not* doing it myself..

Know what you mean, if my mate with the race cars didn't have a hoist in
his shed we would have retired from doing anything much on cars a while ago.
A hoist makes life so much easier.

--
Daryl

Re: JEEPZ

<67a03b94-da4f-4443-b889-db27a6b708a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10507&group=aus.cars#10507

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 04:10:57 -0800 (PST)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 12:10 UTC

On Wednesday, 26 January 2022 at 22:35:19 UTC+11, Daryl wrote:
> On 26/1/22 7:36 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> > Had a leaky muffler, with collapsed baffles, rusty tailpipe and blown flange gasket (A bloody rectangular thing with six fasteners) for a while, (well a couple of months.) <G> Muffler and pipe on my spare car are good.
> > SO Climbed under the spare car and started undoing rusty shit........Lasted 10 min, thought fuck this, and booked into the local zorst bloke. First time for everything eh. ;)
> > Turned out that apart from the known stuff, the cat had fallen apart and deposited half of itself in the muffler, the rest was loosened up and blown out. (quick fix.)
> > The end result was a car running *Much* better, smoother, and better economy, with pretty much an open system (Tho. got a tps coming yet. that should settle the box completely) Just shows, It had felt OK to me, I thought, But when the problems arrive sloooowly one is inclined to not notice..
> > My body is thanking me for *not* doing it myself..
> Know what you mean, if my mate with the race cars didn't have a hoist in
> his shed we would have retired from doing anything much on cars a while ago.
> A hoist makes life so much easier.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Theres a hoist here but the spare jeep is a non goer, and getting hoist time is a bit tricky anyway (Busy)
Glad I let the moths out of the wallet. :)

To clarify some of the above, been having a bit of grief getting the box to shift smoothly, adjusted everything, and changed half the fluid. (twice)
unblocking the zorst has it nearly there, and changing out the stuffed TPS will have it as new. :)))

> --
> Daryl

Re: JEEPZ

<ssrkhb$q9k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10512&group=aus.cars#10512

From: notgo...@happen.com (Clocky)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 22:06:25 +0800
 by: Clocky - Wed, 26 Jan 2022 14:06 UTC

On 26/01/2022 7:35 pm, Daryl wrote:
> On 26/1/22 7:36 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
>> Had a leaky muffler, with collapsed baffles,  rusty tailpipe and blown
>> flange gasket (A bloody rectangular thing with six fasteners) for a
>> while, (well a couple of months.) <G> Muffler and pipe on my spare car
>> are good.
>>       SO Climbed under the spare car and started undoing rusty
>> shit........Lasted 10 min, thought fuck this, and booked into the
>> local zorst bloke. First time for everything eh. ;)
>>         Turned out that apart from the known stuff, the cat had fallen
>> apart and deposited half of itself in the muffler, the rest was
>> loosened up and blown out. (quick fix.)
>>         The end result was a car running *Much* better, smoother, and
>> better economy, with pretty much an open system (Tho. got a tps coming
>> yet. that should settle the box completely) Just shows, It had felt OK
>> to me, I thought, But when the problems arrive sloooowly one is
>> inclined to not notice..
>>       My body is thanking me for *not* doing it myself..
>

> Know what you mean, if my mate with the race cars didn't have a hoist in
> his shed we would have retired from doing anything much on cars a while
> ago.
> A hoist makes life so much easier.

Plus a qualified mechanic would know to use metric spanners on all the
bolts that aren't "All Imperial". That helps.

Re: JEEPZ

<j5ebi2F6pv1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10523&group=aus.cars#10523

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 11:41:22 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 01:41 UTC

On 27/01/2022 12:06 am, Clocky wrote:
> On 26/01/2022 7:35 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 26/1/22 7:36 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
>>> Had a leaky muffler, with collapsed baffles,  rusty tailpipe and
>>> blown flange gasket (A bloody rectangular thing with six fasteners)
>>> for a while, (well a couple of months.) <G> Muffler and pipe on my
>>> spare car are good.
>>>       SO Climbed under the spare car and started undoing rusty
>>> shit........Lasted 10 min, thought fuck this, and booked into the
>>> local zorst bloke. First time for everything eh. ;)
>>>         Turned out that apart from the known stuff, the cat had
>>> fallen apart and deposited half of itself in the muffler, the rest
>>> was loosened up and blown out. (quick fix.)
>>>         The end result was a car running *Much* better, smoother, and
>>> better economy, with pretty much an open system (Tho. got a tps
>>> coming yet. that should settle the box completely) Just shows, It had
>>> felt OK to me, I thought, But when the problems arrive sloooowly one
>>> is inclined to not notice..
>>>       My body is thanking me for *not* doing it myself..
>>

>> Know what you mean, if my mate with the race cars didn't have a hoist
>> in his shed we would have retired from doing anything much on cars a
>> while ago.
>> A hoist makes life so much easier.
>>

> Plus a qualified mechanic would know to use metric spanners on all the
> bolts that aren't "All Imperial". That helps.
Oh God, not again :(

Re: JEEPZ

<j5ed1tF71r6U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10529&group=aus.cars#10529

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 13:06:52 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 02:06 UTC

On 27/1/2022 12:41 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 27/01/2022 12:06 am, Clocky wrote:
>>>

>>> Know what you mean, if my mate with the race cars didn't have a hoist
>>> in his shed we would have retired from doing anything much on cars a
>>> while ago.
>>> A hoist makes life so much easier.
>>>

>> Plus a qualified mechanic would know to use metric spanners on all the
>> bolts that aren't "All Imperial". That helps.
> Oh God, not again :(

You called?

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: JEEPZ

<j5egvtF7mn7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10531&group=aus.cars#10531

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 13:14:06 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 03:14 UTC

On 27/01/2022 12:06 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 27/1/2022 12:41 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> Plus a qualified mechanic would know to use metric spanners on all
>>> the bolts that aren't "All Imperial". That helps.
>> Oh God, not again :(
>
> You called?

Really? I thought that alvey was the little tin god around here, I stand
corrected.

Re: JEEPZ

<64245382-7f22-46f9-a41b-398e027d1141n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10532&group=aus.cars#10532

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 19:35:50 -0800 (PST)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 03:35 UTC

On Thursday, 27 January 2022 at 14:14:07 UTC+11, keithr0 wrote:
> On 27/01/2022 12:06 pm, Xeno wrote:

> >> Oh God, not again :(
> >
> > You called?
> >

> Really? I thought that alvey was the little tin god around here, I stand
> corrected.
~~~~~~~~~
They`re cut from the same cloth....Take yer pick. <SHRUG>

Re: JEEPZ

<j5eldkF8g96U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10533&group=aus.cars#10533

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 15:29:37 +1100
 by: Xeno - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 04:29 UTC

On 27/1/2022 2:14 pm, keithr0 wrote:
> On 27/01/2022 12:06 pm, Xeno wrote:

>>> Oh God, not again :(
>>
>> You called?
>>

> Really? I thought that alvey was the little tin god around here, I stand
> corrected.

Me? A tin God? Oh, no, you need to head on down to Merrimu Mesa for one
of them. You'll find one cowering in his shed.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: JEEPZ

<j5fhn8Fdk9mU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10536&group=aus.cars#10536

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 23:33:21 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Thu, 27 Jan 2022 12:33 UTC

On 27/01/2022 1:06 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 27/1/2022 12:41 pm, keithr0 wrote:

>>> Plus a qualified mechanic would know to use metric spanners on all
>>> the bolts that aren't "All Imperial". That helps.
>> Oh God, not again :(
>
> You called?

LOL

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam
"my own words are irrelevant"

Re: JEEPZ

<9e63993c-4afc-4e6c-86a7-061dbaa149e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10592&group=aus.cars#10592

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 02:28:19 -0800 (PST)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 10:28 UTC

On Wednesday, 26 January 2022 at 23:10:58 UTC+11, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 January 2022 at 22:35:19 UTC+11, Daryl wrote:
> > On 26/1/22 7:36 pm, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> > > Had a leaky muffler, with collapsed baffles, rusty tailpipe and blown flange gasket (A bloody rectangular thing with six fasteners) for a while, (well a couple of months.) <G> Muffler and pipe on my spare car are good.
> > > SO Climbed under the spare car and started undoing rusty shit........Lasted 10 min, thought fuck this, and booked into the local zorst bloke. First time for everything eh. ;)
> > > Turned out that apart from the known stuff, the cat had fallen apart and deposited half of itself in the muffler, the rest was loosened up and blown out. (quick fix.)
> > > The end result was a car running *Much* better, smoother, and better economy, with pretty much an open system (Tho. got a tps coming yet. that should settle the box completely) Just shows, It had felt OK to me, I thought, But when the problems arrive sloooowly one is inclined to not notice..
> > > My body is thanking me for *not* doing it myself..
> > Know what you mean, if my mate with the race cars didn't have a hoist in
> > his shed we would have retired from doing anything much on cars a while ago.
> > A hoist makes life so much easier.
> Theres a hoist here but the spare jeep is a non goer, and getting hoist time is a bit tricky anyway (Busy)
> Glad I let the moths out of the wallet. :)
>
> To clarify some of the above, been having a bit of grief getting the box to shift smoothly, adjusted everything, and changed half the fluid. (twice)
> unblocking the zorst has it nearly there, and changing out the stuffed TPS will have it as new. :)))
TPS changed, tweaked TVC a bit more and *gotcha*.... Going like a new one. not bad for a 27yr old Jeep!... Only the suspension change to go. (Been putting that off for three yrs now, it can wait a little longer.)