From: dav...@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: For a change, a good courier report
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:54:01 +0100
 by: Davey - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 14:54 UTC

Yesterday, I ordered a case of wine, to be delivered today.
The supplier chose Yodel, and I was happily surprised when Tracking this
morning showed a delivery time of 2-05 pm to 4-05 pm. The package
arrived at about 2:50, with no apparent damage, and was left in my open
doorway, as previously described when ordering. I was only a few feet
away, so this was just fine.
Everything went according to plan, unlike several others' experiences
on this NG.
It can be done! In this locale, there is normally good courier
service, whoever it is.

--
Davey.

Re: For a change, a good courier report

<$32QOcNl7sHlFwzr@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=105873&group=uk.d-i-y#105873

From: tim...@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk (Tim Lamb)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: For a change, a good courier report
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:57:41 +0100
 by: Tim Lamb - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 14:57 UTC

In message <ufmim9$106pn$1@dont-email.me>, Davey <davey@example.invalid>
writes
>Yesterday, I ordered a case of wine, to be delivered today.
>The supplier chose Yodel, and I was happily surprised when Tracking this
>morning showed a delivery time of 2-05 pm to 4-05 pm. The package
>arrived at about 2:50, with no apparent damage, and was left in my open
>doorway, as previously described when ordering. I was only a few feet
>away, so this was just fine.
>Everything went according to plan, unlike several others' experiences
>on this NG.
>It can be done! In this locale, there is normally good courier
>service, whoever it is.

I think it hugely depends on the individual driver and how much pressure
they are under.

--
Tim Lamb

Re: For a change, a good courier report

<ko823bFg79rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=105876&group=uk.d-i-y#105876

From: rob...@nospam.com (RobH)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 16:12:43 +0100
 by: RobH - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 15:12 UTC

On 05/10/2023 15:54, Davey wrote:
> Yesterday, I ordered a case of wine, to be delivered today.
> The supplier chose Yodel, and I was happily surprised when Tracking this
> morning showed a delivery time of 2-05 pm to 4-05 pm. The package
> arrived at about 2:50, with no apparent damage, and was left in my open
> doorway, as previously described when ordering. I was only a few feet
> away, so this was just fine.
> Everything went according to plan, unlike several others' experiences
> on this NG.
> It can be done! In this locale, there is normally good courier
> service, whoever it is.

I have had goods delivered by Yodel and they are pretty good in my book.
You can track your item on their website as well, so you can see roughly
how long it will be before they get to you

Re: For a change, a good courier report

<ufos0a$1h7hf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=105942&group=uk.d-i-y#105942

From: brian1g...@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 12:45:10 +0100
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 6 Oct 2023 11:45 UTC

Mind you, no courier can do the right thing when the sender puts the
incorrect address on a package but with the right name as happened here.
They left a package of clothing in my letter box. Every or whatever they are
called, but it did have my address on it, they would not know I'm blind and
that the person whose name was on the package was not at this address, so
they took a photo and pushed off.
The person found me yesterday, by requesting a picture of the delivery, and
tracked it down to my front door, luckily.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...