The best things in life go on sale sooner or later.

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Where have all the scampi gone?

SubjectAuthor
* Where have all the scampi gone?steve hague
+- Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Mike McMillan
+* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Vicky
|+- Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Chris
|`* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?steve hague
| +* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Vicky
| |`* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Sid Nuncius
| | +- Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Mike McMillan
| | +* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Penny
| | |`* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Mike McMillan
| | | `- Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Chris J Dixon
| | `- Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Sam Plusnet
| `* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Joe Kerr
|  `* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Mike McMillan
|   `* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Sid Nuncius
|    `* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Chris J Dixon
|     +- Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Clive Arthur
|     `- Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Joe Kerr
+* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Jenny M Benson
|+- Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Penny
|`- Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Vicky
+- Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Penny
`* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Chris J Dixon
 +- Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Kate B
 `* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?John Armstrong
  `* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?steve hague
   `* Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Sam Plusnet
    `- Re: Where have all the scampi gone?Mike McMillan

Pages:12
Where have all the scampi gone?

<ten2s2$1iqb$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10618&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10618

From: stevehag...@gmail.com (steve hague)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Where have all the scampi gone?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 08:33:20 +0100
 by: steve hague - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 07:33 UTC

Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?
Steve

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<ten3p2$1ofld$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10620&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10620

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Where have all the scampi gone?
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 07:48:50 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:ggANkFxo4NztRFz3pEytV82KWPs=
 by: Mike McMillan - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 07:48 UTC

steve hague <stevehague82@gmail.com> wrote:
> Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
> fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
> have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
> scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?
> Steve

Thereby hangs a tail…

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<ma6ughpqojfuvn9o3vn2q6emq8fqut53vu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10621&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10621

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 09:19:24 +0100
 by: Vicky - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 08:19 UTC

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 08:33:20 +0100, steve hague
<stevehague82@gmail.com> wrote:

>Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
>fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
>have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
>scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?
>Steve
https://groceries.morrisons.com/search?entry=scampi

I find different supermarkets run out of different things now. Tescos
in Watford has no freezers at present and have been waiting for part
to fix them for more than 3 weeks

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<jn8mojFnu13U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10623&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10623

From: NemoN...@hotmail.co.uk (Jenny M Benson)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 10:08:35 +0100
 by: Jenny M Benson - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 09:08 UTC

On 31/08/2022 08:33, steve hague wrote:
> Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
> fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
> have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
> scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?

It's something I have quite often when "eating out" (which I do quite
rarely) but I have half a packet in my freezer now, maybe for the first
time ever. I bought it (as a whole packet) from Iceland 3 weeks ago.

Coincidentally I nearly had it for dinner last night but changed my mind
and thought I might have it to-night.

--
Jenny M Benson
Wrexham, UK

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<1vbught1opjmidte87bf8po07id7sg6pd3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10626&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10626

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 10:56:11 +0100
 by: Penny - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 09:56 UTC

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 08:33:20 +0100, steve hague <stevehague82@gmail.com>
scrawled in the dust...

>Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
>fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
>have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
>scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?
>Steve

I haven't tried lately, the packet in my freezer came from Lidl, but I have
also bought it in Morrisons.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<p2cugh5m1pqnk24a7lam4iingvb9tb4uhd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10627&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10627

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 11:02:20 +0100
 by: Penny - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 10:02 UTC

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 10:08:35 +0100, Jenny M Benson <NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk>
scrawled in the dust...

>On 31/08/2022 08:33, steve hague wrote:
>> Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
>> fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
>> have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
>> scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?
>
>It's something I have quite often when "eating out"

I was put off that some time ago, in a pub in Kent. I did my usual thing of
peeling off the bread crumb layer and was left with nothing, the fishy mush
having glued the crumbs together as an empty tube. The menu said 'whole
tail scampi', I complained and was told that was what it said on the
packet...

>(which I do quite
>rarely) but I have half a packet in my freezer now, maybe for the first
>time ever. I bought it (as a whole packet) from Iceland 3 weeks ago.
>
>Coincidentally I nearly had it for dinner last night but changed my mind
>and thought I might have it to-night.

Coincidentally, I remembered as I sat down to eat last night, that I had
some in the freezer and, if I don't forget, that's what I will eat tonight.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<hseughtchihnv5hfaui3p2llqtbdsf7tea@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10629&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10629

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 11:45:05 +0100
 by: Vicky - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 10:45 UTC

<NemoNews@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>On 31/08/2022 08:33, steve hague wrote:
>> Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
>> fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
>> have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
>> scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?
>
>It's something I have quite often when "eating out" (which I do quite
>rarely) but I have half a packet in my freezer now, maybe for the first
>time ever. I bought it (as a whole packet) from Iceland 3 weeks ago.
>
>Coincidentally I nearly had it for dinner last night but changed my mind
>and thought I might have it to-night.

We have it at home, frozen ones, quite often. A favourite supper.

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<teo0qc$1roa2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10658&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10658

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 16:04:28 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:daxJddJ/OIPTsUCI8c9bBVdkJD4=
 by: Chris - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 16:04 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 08:33:20 +0100, steve hague
> <stevehague82@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
>> fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
>> have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
>> scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?
>> Steve
> https://groceries.morrisons.com/search?entry=scampi
>
> I find different supermarkets run out of different things now. Tescos
> in Watford has no freezers at present and have been waiting for part
> to fix them for more than 3 weeks

Oh dear. Likewise our Lidl’s frozen meat freezer : a week and counting

Sincerely Chris

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<tepqqo$boc$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10677&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10677

From: stevehag...@gmail.com (steve hague)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 09:34:33 +0100
 by: steve hague - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 08:34 UTC

On 31/08/2022 09:19, Vicky wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 08:33:20 +0100, steve hague
> <stevehague82@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
>> fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
>> have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
>> scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?
>> Steve
> https://groceries.morrisons.com/search?entry=scampi

Our local Morrison's usually have all the scampi variations shown on
their website. They've had none of them for weeks.
Steve

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<6pu0hh9hc79hjbc9mm3fvpvcvsnbi8shcg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10680&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10680

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 10:29:30 +0100
 by: Vicky - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 09:29 UTC

On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 09:34:33 +0100, steve hague
<stevehague82@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 31/08/2022 09:19, Vicky wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 08:33:20 +0100, steve hague
>> <stevehague82@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
>>> fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
>>> have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
>>> scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?
>>> Steve
>> https://groceries.morrisons.com/search?entry=scampi
>>
>Our local Morrison's usually have all the scampi variations shown on
>their website. They've had none of them for weeks.
>Steve

I got 2 bags a few weeks ago when the Young's whole tails were on
offer :) Didn't have any on the order Tuesday this week so not sure if
they have them now.

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<jnbe1lF6i5qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10681&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10681

From: nunc...@hotmail.co.uk (Sid Nuncius)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:58:12 +0100
 by: Sid Nuncius - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 09:58 UTC

On 01/09/2022 10:29, Vicky wrote:

> I got 2 bags a few weeks ago when the Young's whole tails were on
> offer :)

That was the wholetail price, presumably?

<insert re-tail joke of your choice here>

--
Sid

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<teq1p5$25gab$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10686&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10686

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:33:09 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:KC8oKhJmjQsjWfcZKKTP4tBt9aA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:33 UTC

Sid Nuncius <nuncius@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 01/09/2022 10:29, Vicky wrote:
>
>> I got 2 bags a few weeks ago when the Young's whole tails were on
>> offer :)
>
> That was the wholetail price, presumably?
>
> <insert re-tail joke of your choice here>

Already done that Sir.

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<o871hh9uttst13fgcs8hsuf4c2g9o0nrdk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10689&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10689

From: spa...@labyrinth.freeuk.com (Penny)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 12:54:59 +0100
 by: Penny - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 11:54 UTC

On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:58:12 +0100, Sid Nuncius <nuncius@hotmail.co.uk>
scrawled in the dust...

>On 01/09/2022 10:29, Vicky wrote:
>
>> I got 2 bags a few weeks ago when the Young's whole tails were on
>> offer :)
>
>That was the wholetail price, presumably?
>
><insert re-tail joke of your choice here>

After reading this thread I went out and panic bought two packets in Lidl.
Their freezers were all dark - energy saving? - but were well-stocked and
working.
--
Penny
Annoyed by The Archers since 1959

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<teq9ro$26f42$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10693&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10693

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 12:51:04 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:MtIB8NbBCGhR7nReiAo0itwO4JA=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 12:51 UTC

Penny <spam@labyrinth.freeuk.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Sep 2022 10:58:12 +0100, Sid Nuncius <nuncius@hotmail.co.uk>
> scrawled in the dust...
>
>> On 01/09/2022 10:29, Vicky wrote:
>>
>>> I got 2 bags a few weeks ago when the Young's whole tails were on
>>> offer :)
>>
>> That was the wholetail price, presumably?
>>
>> <insert re-tail joke of your choice here>
>
> After reading this thread I went out and panic bought two packets in Lidl.
> Their freezers were all dark - energy saving? - but were well-stocked and
> working.

The Woodley Lidl chill cabinets are still dark in the majority of units;
they overheated a fortnight back and have not been repaired / restocked
since:-(

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<teqd1h$mpj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10695&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10695

From: joe_k...@cheerful.com (Joe Kerr)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 14:45:21 +0100
 by: Joe Kerr - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 13:45 UTC

On 01/09/2022 09:34, steve hague wrote:
> On 31/08/2022 09:19, Vicky wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 08:33:20 +0100, steve hague
>> <stevehague82@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
>>> fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
>>> have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
>>> scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?
>>> Steve
>> https://groceries.morrisons.com/search?entry=scampi
>>
> Our local Morrison's usually have all the scampi variations shown on
> their website. They've had none of them for weeks.
> Steve

Being incredibly pedantically umratic, and swerving into that other
thread over there: There is no apostrophe in Morrisons if you are
referring to the large supermarket chain. Thrifty chaps those
Yorkshiremen[1]. No point in wasting signage on an apostrophe when it
isn't essential.

[1] Or irksomeness as my spell chicken prefers. I make no comment.
--
Ric

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<teqhiu$278kr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10698&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10698

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 15:02:54 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:B5O/GH9o9G8xNUUCvd3Gay/YYz0=
 by: Mike McMillan - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 15:02 UTC

Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com> wrote:
> On 01/09/2022 09:34, steve hague wrote:
>> On 31/08/2022 09:19, Vicky wrote:

>>> https://groceries.morrisons.com/search?entry=scampi
>>>
>> Our local Morrison's usually have all the scampi variations shown on
>> their website. They've had none of them for weeks.
>> Steve
>>
> Being incredibly pedantically umratic, and swerving into that other
> thread over there: There is no apostrophe in Morrisons if you are
> referring to the large supermarket chain. Thrifty chaps those
> Yorkshiremen[1]. No point in wasting signage on an apostrophe when it
> isn't essential.
>
> [1] Or irksomeness as my spell chicken prefers. I make no comment.

You can always tell a Yorkshireman - but you can’t tell him much!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<jnc98dFao7nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10701&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10701

From: nunc...@hotmail.co.uk (Sid Nuncius)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 18:42:37 +0100
 by: Sid Nuncius - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 17:42 UTC

On 01/09/2022 16:02, Mike McMillan wrote:
> Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com> wrote:

>> Being incredibly pedantically umratic, and swerving into that other
>> thread over there: There is no apostrophe in Morrisons if you are
>> referring to the large supermarket chain. Thrifty chaps those
>> Yorkshiremen[1]. No point in wasting signage on an apostrophe when it
>> isn't essential.
>>
>> [1] Or irksomeness as my spell chicken prefers. I make no comment.
>
> You can always tell a Yorkshireman - but you can’t tell him much!

Brritters sent me an article from The Times a while ago which included
this Yorkshire-based tale about Jake Thackray: his mum told him "You
don't argue with God. And you don't argue with the cricket umpire. But
you bloody well argue with everybody else."

--
Sid

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<FH6QK.64151$G_96.18013@fx13.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10706&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10706

Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
From: not...@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 19:18:12 +0100
 by: Sam Plusnet - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 18:18 UTC

On 01-Sep-22 10:58, Sid Nuncius wrote:
> On 01/09/2022 10:29, Vicky wrote:
>
>> I got 2 bags a few weeks ago when the Young's whole tails were on
>> offer :)
>
> That was the wholetail price, presumably?
>
> <insert re-tail joke of your choice here>

That's the spirit!

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<hih3hhd23lbsnbu36e8p4maaihhvfnvig3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10739&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10739

From: chr...@cdixon.me.uk (Chris J Dixon)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 10:04:35 +0100
 by: Chris J Dixon - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 09:04 UTC

steve hague wrote:

>Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
>fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
>have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
>scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?

There must be some sort of seafood issue right now. My local
Sainsbury's (clockwise) had a recall on frozen king prawns, and
they are not back in stock yet. Crayfish tails have not been
available for a few weeks. :-(

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham
chris@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<2qh3hhpi8bpfg8rm8e8jrjqsva49srcig0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10740&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10740

From: chr...@cdixon.me.uk (Chris J Dixon)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 10:07:12 +0100
 by: Chris J Dixon - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 09:07 UTC

Mike McMillan wrote:

>The Woodley Lidl chill cabinets are still dark in the majority of units;
>they overheated a fortnight back and have not been repaired / restocked
>since:-(

Back in the July heatwave we went shopping, only to find that
both Sainsbury's and Tesco freezers had failed and were empty.
Luckily M&S food were still functioning.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham
chris@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
Plant amazing Acers.

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<5vh3hhpf0ddocrfgr151ojv98ski892m0t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10741&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10741

From: chr...@cdixon.me.uk (Chris J Dixon)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 10:08:55 +0100
 by: Chris J Dixon - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 09:08 UTC

Sid Nuncius wrote:

>On 01/09/2022 16:02, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com> wrote:
>
>>> Being incredibly pedantically umratic, and swerving into that other
>>> thread over there: There is no apostrophe in Morrisons if you are
>>> referring to the large supermarket chain. Thrifty chaps those
>>> Yorkshiremen[1]. No point in wasting signage on an apostrophe when it
>>> isn't essential.
>>>
>>> [1] Or irksomeness as my spell chicken prefers. I make no comment.
>>
>> You can always tell a Yorkshireman - but you can’t tell him much!
>
>Brritters sent me an article from The Times a while ago which included
>this Yorkshire-based tale about Jake Thackray: his mum told him "You
>don't argue with God. And you don't argue with the cricket umpire. But
>you bloody well argue with everybody else."

Being born in Barnsley, I am disallowed from agreeing. ;-)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham
chris@cdixon.me.uk @ChrisJDixon1
Plant amazing Acers.

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<tesjbl$2genv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10743&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10743

From: cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk (Clive Arthur)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 10:45:24 +0100
 by: Clive Arthur - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 09:45 UTC

On 02/09/2022 10:08, Chris J Dixon wrote:

<snip>

> Being born in Barnsley, I am disallowed from agreeing. ;-)
>
> Chris

"Never ask a man if he's from Yorkshire. If he were, he would have
already told you."

--
Cheers
Clive

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<jne2brFj9mnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10747&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10747

From: elv...@nospam.demon.co.uk (Kate B)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 10:57:15 +0100
 by: Kate B - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 09:57 UTC

On 02/09/2022 10:04, Chris J Dixon wrote:
> steve hague wrote:
>
>> Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
>> fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
>> have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
>> scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?
>
> There must be some sort of seafood issue right now. My local
> Sainsbury's (clockwise) had a recall on frozen king prawns, and
> they are not back in stock yet. Crayfish tails have not been
> available for a few weeks. :-(
>
> Chris
Naturally, as you are not supposed to eat seafood unless there is an 'r'
in the month. Or as my poetic goddaughter put it in her Edinburgh Fringe
show, a 'haar' in the month...

--
Kate B

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<pnm3hhdble5akem9s52rmd1tmrslamauq9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10752&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10752

From: jja...@blueyonder.co.uk (John Armstrong)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 11:30:27 +0100
 by: John Armstrong - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 10:30 UTC

On Fri, 02 Sep 2022 10:04:35 +0100, Chris J Dixon <chris@cdixon.me.uk>
wrote:

>steve hague wrote:
>
>>Scampi isn't something that features on our regular menu, but we both
>>fancied some a few weeks ago. Tesco didn't have any, Morrison's didn't
>>have any, Aldi likewise. I've checked regularly since, and still no
>>scampi. Is this a local lack, or have otherats found the same?
>
>There must be some sort of seafood issue right now. My local
>Sainsbury's (clockwise) had a recall on frozen king prawns, and
>they are not back in stock yet. Crayfish tails have not been
>available for a few weeks. :-(
>
>Chris

Lots of frozen scampi and other seafood available in my local Tesco
this morning.

Re: Where have all the scampi gone?

<teu04h$sc4$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10781&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10781

From: joe_k...@cheerful.com (Joe Kerr)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 23:29:37 +0100
 by: Joe Kerr - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 22:29 UTC

On 02/09/2022 10:08, Chris J Dixon wrote:
> Sid Nuncius wrote:

>>> You can always tell a Yorkshireman - but you can’t tell him much!
>>
>> Brritters sent me an article from The Times a while ago which included
>> this Yorkshire-based tale about Jake Thackray: his mum told him "You
>> don't argue with God. And you don't argue with the cricket umpire. But
>> you bloody well argue with everybody else."
>
> Being born in Barnsley, I am disallowed from agreeing. ;-)
>
> Chris

I read that as "Being born in Barnsley, I am disabled" and thought
"Barnsley can't be that bad".

--
Ric