Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Passports Weakly Backed-out (PWBE 13 Sep 2021)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 18:20:29 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Sun, 12 Sep 2021 23:20 UTC

It's really simple. You can choose not to be vaccinated, but then you are
jolly well choosing not have the same access to public services and events
as those of us who have chosen to be respectful of the health of others.
You have the freedom to curtail your own freedom, and not encroach on that
of others. How hard is this?

Play:
--=--

Night Trap 25th Anniversary Edition (PS4) - Found a copy second-hand, and
for pretty cheap too all things considered. Not that it was possible to
buy the thing new, but at least this way there's no extra collector money
going into Limited Run's shady cheating hands. I am honestly a little
disappointed that the vaunted HD video is just moderately upscaled from
the SD source, which I suppose is fine if not what was sold to everybody.
This is honestly a game that deserves a remake to be more like I-Spy on
the Dreamcast, using all polygonal graphics and actual AI instead of
pre-recorded footage. There's the seed of a good game hiding out under all
of the crap horror movie tropes and unforgiving QTE timing that's just
dying to get out.

Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed (PC) - I have this on 3DS as well,
and I feel like it's a little too extra. By that I mean that the original
All Stars Racing is very nearly a perfect kart racing video game, and
everything else that's been nailed onto the side doesn't really make the
experience better. More interesting and colourful to be certain, but if I
had to pick I'd play the first game over its sequels. Right now all I'm
doing is finishing the career missions so that my son has a larger
selection of tracks in single-race mode, hopefully some of which won't
induce motion sickness.

Want:
--=--

More time (RL) - I'm taking today (Monday the 13th) off work to clean some
more, and hopefully get a decently ergonomic work-from-home area that's
nominally separate from my gaming area. Then that will fix all my problems
with time management and there'll be no further distractions whenever I
want to play games, and everything will be perfect for the rest of my
short and brutal life.

Bin:
-==-

Limited Run - They're about to ship me the last of the stuff I bought from
them in 2020, which says something about how farcically abusive their
business model is. Not sure if I want to write a polite but firm support
ticket request asking to get off all their mailing lists and marketing
contacts so that I have a chance to explain to them exactly how they lost
my business.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,731

Night Trap (PS4) - $50

Total year-to-date - $3,781

-KKC, who found a desk under a pile of laundry in his house.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Passports Weakly Backed-out (PWBE 13 Sep 2021)

<YlH%I.458893$E24.358723@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1067&group=uk.games.video.misc#1067

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Passports Weakly Backed-out (PWBE 13 Sep 2021)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2021 12:20:08 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 12:20 UTC

> Play:

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - more 15x15 puzzles. It was nice being able to do
any puzzle right from the start, there's just that weird problem of
having skipped 100+ smaller puzzles which I might end up doing last.

nonograms.org (Web) - had a try of the browser-based play here, and it
seems pretty solid. It does fill in Xs in certain circumstances
though, which can get a bit annoying if you were already doing that.
Also, even the puzzles classed as "small" on here are often larger
than the biggest you'd see in commercial games, and I'm not entirely
sure that's a good thing.

Outrun 2006 (PSP) - Outrun 2 SP mode this time, finished the easy
route.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

The later Oekaki Puzzle games apparently having fewer puzzles than the
first one. Though to be fair, the first one is kind of massive.

Oekaki Logic turning out to actually be a thing, which is awesome, but
that thing being a Wii Ware game with "monthly packs", which is not.

nonograms.org basically being one vast impenetrable mess of puzzles of
constantly varying sizes. I feel like your only real option on there
is to either play the latest puzzles or pick some at random.

-Rus.

Re: Passports Weakly Backed-out (PWBE 13 Sep 2021)

<iq8u5mFk1inU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1068&group=uk.games.video.misc#1068

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 13 Sep 2021 12:23:18 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 13 Sep 2021 12:23 UTC

On 13 Sep 2021 at 00:20:29 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> It's really simple. You can choose not to be vaccinated, but then you are
> jolly well choosing not have the same access to public services and events
> as those of us who have chosen to be respectful of the health of others.
> You have the freedom to curtail your own freedom, and not encroach on that
> of others. How hard is this?

Hurray!

> Play:
> --=--
> disappointed that the vaunted HD video is just moderately upscaled from
> the SD source, which I suppose is fine if not what was sold to everybody.

There wouldn't have been anything else, it was surely recorded on
videotape not film.

Here: Bit of an odd week - I've felt somewhat better, so I've been doing
non-game things. I know, I know.

Breath of the Wild (WiiU->CEMU/PC) - some hunting around for koroks as I
keep getting nice things in treasure chests that I want for my house
display but can't pick up. All four beasties bested. All fairies found
and much armour upgrades. Lots of open quests, cleaning up the EX stuff
first.

Nier:Whatever the remake is called (PC) - ending A reached, continuing.
Found there's a 'battle rush' mode triggered by an item I'd not spotted
before, and it uses the Dad Nier model! Yay! Nice to see him. No in-game
justification for it, it only mentions Mum Nier.

Baldo: something owls something (iPad, apple arcade) - my word this is
poorly made. Looks great in stills, very Ghibli, but has no competence
in the game engine. Just awful.

> Want:
> --=--

To get back to Psychonauts 2.

> Bin:
> -==-

Baldo: Bag'o'shite.

> -KKC, who found a desk under a pile of laundry in his house.

Quick, throw a CRT and some consoles on it before it's lost again!

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Every time we start thinking we're the center of the universe,
the universe turns around and says with a slightly distracted