Most people have two reasons for doing anything -- a good reason, and the real reason.

aus+uk / uk.d-i-y / Re: Fruugo Shower of b******

SubjectAuthor
* Fruugo Shower of b******fred
`* Re: Fruugo Shower of b******Theo
 +* Re: Fruugo Shower of b******alan_m
 |`- Re: Fruugo Shower of b******fred
 `- Re: Fruugo Shower of b******Theo

1
Fruugo Shower of b******

<bda75796-0133-48a7-8f50-de4e68f37b25n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=106768&group=uk.d-i-y#106768

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 03:06:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Fruugo Shower of b******
From: tpmcc...@gmail.com (fred)
 by: fred - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:06 UTC

If you haven't heard of them you're lucky

These people pose as local suppliers but having placed and order for spare parts for my car I got an email saying it was being shipped from China. ( Shenzhen Pengzhanxiang Maoyi Youxiangongsi)
Having been promised 2-3 day delivery I fell for it.If the supplier details had been made clear i wouldn'have touched them with a 40Ft barge pole

Re: Fruugo Shower of b******

<yqC*8mLsz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=106809&group=uk.d-i-y#106809

From: theom+n...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: Fruugo Shower of b******
Date: 13 Oct 2023 14:58:08 +0100 (BST)
 by: Theo - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 13:58 UTC

fred <tpmccann@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you haven't heard of them you're lucky
>
> These people pose as local suppliers but having placed and order for spare
> parts for my car I got an email saying it was being shipped from China. (
> Shenzhen Pengzhanxiang Maoyi Youxiangongsi) Having been promised 2-3 day
> delivery I fell for it.If the supplier details had been made clear i
> wouldn'have touched them with a 40Ft barge pole

I hadn't heard of them. Red flags being the fact they sell *everything* in
dozens of countries. Looks like another Wish/Temu/etc wannabee.

Lack of any contact information is another red flag, although it turns out
there's a UK company with a registered office which does have a Fruugo
sticker in the window - about as low profile as you can get:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Du32or5U15LQ5kpU6

On delivery it does give times if you open up that section on the
product page:

Dispatched within 5 days
EXPRESS: £2.49 - Delivery between Mon 23 October 2023–Thu 09 November 2023 - CHEAPEST - FASTEST
STANDARD: £2.49 - Delivery between Mon 23 October 2023–Thu 09 November 2023
Shipping from China.
https://www.fruugo.co.uk/unisex-teletubbies-costumes-disi-onesies-lala-cosplay-pajamas-adult-pyjamas-animal-sleepwear-jumpsuit/p-147243866-310795988

I did manage to get something (an air conditioning flush cylinder) from Wish
for £18 that was £40 at Aliexpress and £60 at Amazon (with a month delivery,
so shipped from China), so sometimes they can come in handy, as long as you
know what you're getting (ie Chinese products with all their pluses and
minuses).

Fruugo don't sell that particular item, which suggests to me their range is
smaller, and their other listings seems expensive for the usual Aliexpress
stuff.

Theo

Re: Fruugo Shower of b******

<kot1e2F8uilU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=106810&group=uk.d-i-y#106810

From: jun...@admac.myzen.co.uk (alan_m)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 15:10:11 +0100
 by: alan_m - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 14:10 UTC

On 13/10/2023 14:58, Theo wrote:
> fred <tpmccann@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you haven't heard of them you're lucky
>>
>> These people pose as local suppliers but having placed and order for spare
>> parts for my car I got an email saying it was being shipped from China. (
>> Shenzhen Pengzhanxiang Maoyi Youxiangongsi) Having been promised 2-3 day
>> delivery I fell for it.If the supplier details had been made clear i
>> wouldn'have touched them with a 40Ft barge pole
>
> I hadn't heard of them. Red flags being the fact they sell *everything* in
> dozens of countries. Looks like another Wish/Temu/etc wannabee.

I hadn't heard of them but one alarm bell I found was the under half
price Bosch DIY items posted from China. Look alike knock offs, which
are also found on wish?

I wonder if the OP is going to get a semi-decent part or some cheap shit
item with a ripped off brand name.

Re: Fruugo Shower of b******

<90bc6eab-1145-440d-b161-7ebfe38c99dfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=106814&group=uk.d-i-y#106814

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 07:43:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: tpmcc...@gmail.com (fred)
 by: fred - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 14:43 UTC

On Friday, October 13, 2023 at 3:10:16 PM UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
> On 13/10/2023 14:58, Theo wrote:
> > fred <tpmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> If you haven't heard of them you're lucky
> >>
> >> These people pose as local suppliers but having placed and order for spare
> >> parts for my car I got an email saying it was being shipped from China.. (
> >> Shenzhen Pengzhanxiang Maoyi Youxiangongsi) Having been promised 2-3 day
> >> delivery I fell for it.If the supplier details had been made clear i
> >> wouldn'have touched them with a 40Ft barge pole
> >
> > I hadn't heard of them. Red flags being the fact they sell *everything* in
> > dozens of countries. Looks like another Wish/Temu/etc wannabee.
> >
> I hadn't heard of them but one alarm bell I found was the under half
> price Bosch DIY items posted from China. Look alike knock offs, which
> are also found on wish?
>
> I wonder if the OP is going to get a semi-decent part or some cheap shit
> item with a ripped off brand name.
>
> --
> mailto : news {at} admac {dot} myzen {dot} co {dot} uk

I'm waiting to see what I get but in the meantime have found the same item on Amazon.de for nearly 1/2 the price. Bollix

Re: Fruugo Shower of b******

<AqC*xALsz@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=106822&group=uk.d-i-y#106822

From: theom+n...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Date: 13 Oct 2023 15:55:26 +0100 (BST)
 by: Theo - Fri, 13 Oct 2023 14:55 UTC

Theo <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> Lack of any contact information is another red flag, although it turns out
> there's a UK company with a registered office which does have a Fruugo
> sticker in the window - about as low profile as you can get:
> https://maps.app.goo.gl/Du32or5U15LQ5kpU6

Turns out it is a UK operation, even if many sellers are in China.
Looks like they're an Amazon Marketplace clone. How it works from a seller
perspective:

https://fruugo.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/RR/overview

They have a lot of bad reviews though.

Theo