Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: New Underground Routes PWB (PWBE 20 Sep 2021)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 06:17:09 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 20 Sep 2021 11:17 UTC

It's unreasonable for me to be excited about new underground trains in a
place I don't live. I'm just happy *somebody* is doing it somewhere.

Play:
--=--

Skyrim (Switch) - Don't judge me. Or do judge me, maybe that will motivate
me not to play. Actually, the game rewards you for patience by generally
showing you content you haven't seen before. I bumbled my way up a hill
looking for new NPC encounters and discovered a necromancer practicing his
craft on farm animals. You could still harvest meat from the undead
chickens after the spell had ended, which is only moderately weird.

Cleaning (RL) - My boss gently admonished me for not having a permanent
work-from-home setup after 18 months of working from home, so I finally
got that settled. It's not really permanent though, it's just a desk I
found underneath some clutter that's now facing the *opposite* way from
the video game systems for what I hope are obvious reasons. There's
finally room for a beverage *and* the podcasting microphone. Plan A was to
clear out a whole dedicated space just for work, but that's going to
require a storage unit or an add-on room or some fire or something.

Want:
--=--

Lost Judgment (PS4) - Out this week! On the next-gen platforms too, but
nobody has those to play on. Notably this is the one Yakuza-adjacent game
that's *not* getting a PC release for complicated likeness rights reasons
that just aren't interesting enough to describe here.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,781

Lost Judgment (PS4) - $60

Total year-to-date - $3,841

-KKC, who needs more breakfast.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: New Underground Routes PWB (PWBE 20 Sep 2021)

<iqshkfFdcn6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1070&group=uk.games.video.misc#1070

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: New Underground Routes PWB (PWBE 20 Sep 2021)
Date: 20 Sep 2021 22:51:59 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 20 Sep 2021 22:51 UTC

On 20 Sep 2021 at 12:17:09 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> It's unreasonable for me to be excited about new underground trains in a
> place I don't live. I'm just happy *somebody* is doing it somewhere.

The rats need somewhere to live, after all.

> Play:
> --=--

Hmm. Not a lot this last week.

Nier remake (PS5) - Continuing on the post-ending-A storyline, no events
of consequence yet.

Breath of the Wild (WiiU/CEMU PC) - doing tasks around the Goron
village. It's very sizzly and the sound is getting to me, so I may take
a break and go build my home and village out a bit. Found Goronson which
was limiting for that bit, need to pop back to send Ritoson in, or maybe
Gerudoson.

We Were Here (PS5, PMG) - two-up with Gus, another in our series of
two-player co-op puzzle games where the two players have no info about
what each other can see apart from talking. This means a *lot* of
talking. This is a step downward graphically, looks rather PS2-in-HD,
but the puzzle selection and difficulty is decent. Not a very long game
- once you've got the solutions down, you could probably speedrun it in
fifteen minutes. We took three hours plus a little epilogue to retry and
get the good ending.

> Want:
> --=--

Finish something so I can get back to Psychonauts 2. I want to
concentrate on it a bit.

> Bin:
> -==-

Unravelled 2. It's idea of 'two player network co-op gaming' is 'use the
Playstation screen share to pretend couch co-op is network co-op'. This
did not work well at all, either way around there was a quarter second
lag which is hard work on a fairly accuracy-needing platformer. So we
ditched it.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I
have been searching for evidence which could support this" -- Bertrand Russell

Re: New Underground Routes PWB (PWBE 20 Sep 2021)

<eyr2J.511659$adE9.23505@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1071&group=uk.games.video.misc#1071

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 20:48:10 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 20:48 UTC

> Play:

Picross e6 (3DS) - I thought I was much further through this than I
actually was, I'd barely started. It has an excessive number of 10x10
puzzles I'd say, but I did a bunch of those and several Mega Picross
ones.

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - more of this too.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Android) - messing about again.

> Want:

Probably to finish off the Picross e games somewhen, or at least those
released over here (which seems to mean no e9). But it's fair to say
that the 2DS is not exactly my favourite platform ever.

> Bin:

In a way, Nintendo/Jupiter's Mega Picross puzzles. Having taken a
rather long break from them it's immediately obvious just how oddly
contrived and not-really-nonogram-ish the whole idea is. I suppose the
original idea behind these was to add a harder puzzle type which could
still work on tiny screens without scrolling (much like the
multi-puzzle Micross mode, but less tedious), and they certainly do
that. But it's hard not to feel like bigger normal nonograms would
have been the better move.

The 2DS d-pad. I've used worse ones, but not many.

-Rus.