Hodie natus est radici frater. [ Unto the root is born a brother ]

aus+uk / aus.cars / Re: license

SubjectAuthor
* licenseMax
+* licensejonz@ nothere.com
|`* licenseMax
| +* licensekeithr0
| |`- licenseMax
| `* licenseDaryl
|  +* licenseNoddy
|  |+- licenseYosemite Sam
|  |+- licenseXeno
|  |+- licenseMax
|  |`* licenseMax
|  | `* licenseYosemite Sam
|  |  +- licensejonz@ nothere.com
|  |  `- licenseMax
|  `- licenseMax
`- licenseXeno

1
license

<5f7dfd20-77c2-4319-86ba-191987b5b238n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10581&group=aus.cars#10581

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 19:48:22 -0800 (PST)
Subject: license
From: maxnew...@gmail.com (Max)
 by: Max - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 03:48 UTC

If you decide that you are not going to drive for a period of time, say 5 years, and you do not renew your drivers license for that period, what happens if you then decide you want to drive again?

Do you have to resit your Learners test and then go on P plates?

Re: license

<f93ef19a-07e7-4d00-b58e-2aadf2d0caean@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10585&group=aus.cars#10585

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 19:59:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: license
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 03:59 UTC

On Saturday, 29 January 2022 at 14:48:23 UTC+11, Max wrote:
> If you decide that you are not going to drive for a period of time, say 5 years, and you do not renew your drivers license for that period, what happens if you then decide you want to drive again?
>
> Do you have to resit your Learners test and then go on P plates?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It`s all on line troll boi!..

Re: license

<569c0718-9069-4d4f-bf8d-78d43288697dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10586&group=aus.cars#10586

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 20:22:01 -0800 (PST)
From: maxnew...@gmail.com (Max)
 by: Max - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 04:22 UTC

On Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 2:00:00 PM UTC+10, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> On Saturday, 29 January 2022 at 14:48:23 UTC+11, Max wrote:
> > If you decide that you are not going to drive for a period of time, say 5 years, and you do not renew your drivers license for that period, what happens if you then decide you want to drive again?
> >
> > Do you have to resit your Learners test and then go on P plates?
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> It`s all on line troll boi!..

Why would I bother looking it up when I can get an answer here?

In any case, I posted the same question on Whirlpool and someone gave me answer within minutes.

Re: license

<j5jugkF9155U2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10588&group=aus.cars#10588

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 15:35:32 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 04:35 UTC

On 29/1/2022 2:48 pm, Max wrote:
> If you decide that you are not going to drive for a period of time, say 5 years, and you do not renew your drivers license for that period, what happens if you then decide you want to drive again?
>
> Do you have to resit your Learners test and then go on P plates?

Possibly, but you may well, depending on age, need to submit to a *medical*.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: license

<j5kbb9Fb7ceU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10589&group=aus.cars#10589

From: use...@account.invalid (keithr0)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 18:14:34 +1000
 by: keithr0 - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 08:14 UTC

On 29/01/2022 2:22 pm, Max wrote:
> On Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 2:00:00 PM UTC+10, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
>> On Saturday, 29 January 2022 at 14:48:23 UTC+11, Max wrote:
>>> If you decide that you are not going to drive for a period of time, say 5 years, and you do not renew your drivers license for that period, what happens if you then decide you want to drive again?
>>>
>>> Do you have to resit your Learners test and then go on P plates?
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> It`s all on line troll boi!..
>
> Why would I bother looking it up when I can get an answer here?
>
> In any case, I posted the same question on Whirlpool and someone gave me answer within minutes.

You say that you work as a programmer? If you do, I bet that the other
programmers hate you, being bombarded with silly questions all day
because you can't be bothered to look the answers up.

Re: license

<e6510b0d-c10d-4d82-8016-4cc9b230de04n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10594&group=aus.cars#10594

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 03:00:29 -0800 (PST)
From: maxnew...@gmail.com (Max)
 by: Max - Sat, 29 Jan 2022 11:00 UTC

On Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 6:14:37 PM UTC+10, keithr0 wrote:
> On 29/01/2022 2:22 pm, Max wrote:

> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >> It`s all on line troll boi!..
> >
> > Why would I bother looking it up when I can get an answer here?
> >
> > In any case, I posted the same question on Whirlpool and someone gave me answer within minutes.
> You say that you work as a programmer? If you do, I bet that the other
> programmers hate you, being bombarded with silly questions all day
> because you can't be bothered to look the answers up.

Not at all. People actually ask me questions.

Re: license

<j5m3q6Flp2vU1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10602&group=aus.cars#10602

From: dwalf...@westpine.com.au (Daryl)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:18:12 +1100
 by: Daryl - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 00:18 UTC

On 29/1/22 3:22 pm, Max wrote:
> On Saturday, January 29, 2022 at 2:00:00 PM UTC+10, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
>> On Saturday, 29 January 2022 at 14:48:23 UTC+11, Max wrote:
>>> If you decide that you are not going to drive for a period of time, say 5 years, and you do not renew your drivers license for that period, what happens if you then decide you want to drive again?
>>>
>>> Do you have to resit your Learners test and then go on P plates?
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> It`s all on line troll boi!..
>
> Why would I bother looking it up when I can get an answer here?
>
> In any case, I posted the same question on Whirlpool and someone gave me answer within minutes.

But was that answer correct?
Only way to get 100% correct info is to go to the source which is the
relevant Govt web site but if you really are a programmer you would
already know that.

--
Daryl

Re: license

<st4lli$8k9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10604&group=aus.cars#10604

From: me...@home.com (Noddy)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:21:05 +1100
 by: Noddy - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 00:21 UTC

On 30/01/2022 11:18 am, Daryl wrote:

>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> It`s all on line troll boi!..
>>
>> Why would I bother looking it up when I can get an answer here?
>>
>> In any case, I posted the same question on Whirlpool and someone gave
>> me answer within minutes.
>
> But was that answer correct?
> Only way to get 100% correct info is to go to the source which is the
> relevant Govt web site but if you really are a programmer you would
> already know that.

He's just a troll who gets his jollies asking nonsensical questions. Why
anyone gives the fuckwit the time of day is beyond me....

Regards,
Noddy.

Re: license

<j5m6nlFm740U3@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10613&group=aus.cars#10613

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 12:09:02 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 01:09 UTC

On 30/01/2022 11:21 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> Why would I bother looking it up when I can get an answer here?
>>>
>>> In any case, I posted the same question on Whirlpool and someone
>>> gave me answer within minutes.
>>
>> But was that answer correct?
>> Only way to get 100% correct info is to go to the source which is the
>> relevant Govt web site but if you really are a programmer you would
>> already know that.
>
> He's just a troll who gets his jollies asking nonsensical questions.
> Why anyone gives the fuckwit the time of day is beyond me....

a lot of things are beyond you.. common decency, honesty, common sense,
integrity, and many others

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam
"my own words are irrelevant"

Re: license

<j5m839Fmh0aU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10616&group=aus.cars#10616

From: xenol...@optusnet.com.au (Xeno)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 12:31:21 +1100
 by: Xeno - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 01:31 UTC

On 30/1/2022 11:21 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> Why would I bother looking it up when I can get an answer here?
>>>
>>> In any case, I posted the same question on Whirlpool and someone gave
>>> me answer within minutes.
>>
>> But was that answer correct?
>> Only way to get 100% correct info is to go to the source which is the
>> relevant Govt web site but if you really are a programmer you would
>> already know that.
>
> He's just a troll who gets his jollies asking nonsensical questions. Why
> anyone gives the fuckwit the time of day is beyond me....

Much better than being a troll who gets his jollies making bullshit self
aggrandising claims over *decades*. Know anyone like that Darren?

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Re: license

<be367707-dcf0-40e2-b199-4b31b3f7c6d7n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10621&group=aus.cars#10621

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 18:19:06 -0800 (PST)
From: maxnew...@gmail.com (Max)
 by: Max - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 02:19 UTC

On Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 10:18:17 AM UTC+10, Daryl wrote:
> On 29/1/22 3:22 pm, Max wrote:

> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >> It`s all on line troll boi!..
> >
> > Why would I bother looking it up when I can get an answer here?
> >
> > In any case, I posted the same question on Whirlpool and someone gave me answer within minutes.
> But was that answer correct?

Yes, the answer gave a link to the govt website, so I didn't have to bother finding it.

> Only way to get 100% correct info is to go to the source which is the
> relevant Govt web site but if you really are a programmer you would
> already know that.

Why would being a programmer make me know about govt websites?

Re: license

<f6521f15-afa2-4828-a90a-b3757bf7e708n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10624&group=aus.cars#10624

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 18:44:39 -0800 (PST)
From: maxnew...@gmail.com (Max)
 by: Max - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 02:44 UTC

On Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 10:21:08 AM UTC+10, Noddy wrote:

> >> Why would I bother looking it up when I can get an answer here?
> >>
> >> In any case, I posted the same question on Whirlpool and someone gave
> >> me answer within minutes.
> >
> > But was that answer correct?
> > Only way to get 100% correct info is to go to the source which is the
> > relevant Govt web site but if you really are a programmer you would
> > already know that.
> He's just a troll who gets his jollies asking nonsensical questions. Why
> anyone gives the fuckwit the time of day is beyond me....
>

> --
> --
> --
> Regards,
> Noddy.

Re: license

<3e9180da-4c8b-4d4b-9699-741b0351eaeen@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10626&group=aus.cars#10626

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 18:55:09 -0800 (PST)
From: maxnew...@gmail.com (Max)
 by: Max - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 02:55 UTC

On Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 10:21:08 AM UTC+10, Noddy wrote:

> >> Why would I bother looking it up when I can get an answer here?
> >>
> >> In any case, I posted the same question on Whirlpool and someone gave
> >> me answer within minutes.
> >
> > But was that answer correct?
> > Only way to get 100% correct info is to go to the source which is the
> > relevant Govt web site but if you really are a programmer you would
> > already know that.
> He's just a troll who gets his jollies asking nonsensical questions. Why
> anyone gives the fuckwit the time of day is beyond me....

I post to get information, but I also like irritating as well.

Re: license

<j5mi8tFo9qfU2@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10631&group=aus.cars#10631

From: fel...@invalid.com (Yosemite Sam)
Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 15:25:58 +1100
 by: Yosemite Sam - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 04:25 UTC

On 30/01/2022 1:55 pm, Max wrote:
> On Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 10:21:08 AM UTC+10, Noddy wrote:

>>> But was that answer correct?
>>> Only way to get 100% correct info is to go to the source which is the
>>> relevant Govt web site but if you really are a programmer you would
>>> already know that.
>> He's just a troll who gets his jollies asking nonsensical questions. Why
>> anyone gives the fuckwit the time of day is beyond me....
>>
> I post to get information, but I also like irritating as well.

you succeed at the latter..

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam
"my own words are irrelevant"
-noddy 5/08/2017 4:12 PM

Re: license

<1f958605-8675-4e64-b8c0-3ee48461e4fan@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10636&group=aus.cars#10636

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 21:34:00 -0800 (PST)
From: johnhhhi...@gmail.com (jonz@ nothere.com)
 by: jonz@ nothere.com - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 05:34 UTC

On Sunday, 30 January 2022 at 15:25:03 UTC+11, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 30/01/2022 1:55 pm, Max wrote:

> >> He's just a troll who gets his jollies asking nonsensical questions. Why
> >> anyone gives the fuckwit the time of day is beyond me....
> >>
> > I post to get information, but I also like irritating as well.
> you succeed at the latter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yes!, Two peas in a pod!.....
> --
> https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam
> "my own words are irrelevant"
> -noddy 5/08/2017 4:12 PM

Re: license

<ffdcf49d-d55e-4d37-892a-866fe3780926n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10714&group=aus.cars#10714

Newsgroups: aus.cars
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 15:38:04 -0800 (PST)
From: maxnew...@gmail.com (Max)
 by: Max - Sun, 30 Jan 2022 23:38 UTC

On Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 2:25:03 PM UTC+10, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 30/01/2022 1:55 pm, Max wrote:

> >> He's just a troll who gets his jollies asking nonsensical questions. Why
> >> anyone gives the fuckwit the time of day is beyond me....
> >>
> > I post to get information, but I also like irritating as well.
> you succeed at the latter..

I'm also trying to entertain, so I hope people get a laugh out of it - I certainly do.