From: new...@economic-truth.co.uk (Tim Miller)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Wherefore art thou Sonic Adventure for the Xbox 360?
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 21:10:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Tim Miller - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 21:10 UTC

I have, apparently, played Sonic Adventure on the Xbox 360, at least to the
part where I met Tails and unlocked an achievement for doing that. On 6
March 2012, no less, 11 days before my first child was born.

I thought I might play some more, but it appears I do not own it digitally,
and I am fairly sure it didn't get a physical release.

So, O great minds of UGVM, how have I been able to play this? And how can
I continue to play it without paying the extortionate sum of �3.30?

Tim (tm)
--
Gaming journals: http://xexyz.blogspot.com
Economics blurb: http://www.economic-truth.co.uk

Re: Wherefore art thou Sonic Adventure for the Xbox 360?

<67236320.666009732.254739.news-economic-truth.co.uk@news.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1140&group=uk.games.video.misc#1140

From: new...@economic-truth.co.uk (Tim Miller)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 10:46:25 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:fl8+wubd0t7LX5ixTv70MIUOw18=
 by: Tim Miller - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 10:46 UTC

Tim Miller <news@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote:
> I have, apparently, played Sonic Adventure on the Xbox 360, at least to the
> part where I met Tails and unlocked an achievement for doing that. On 6
> March 2012, no less, 11 days before my first child was born.
>
> I thought I might play some more, but it appears I do not own it digitally,
> and I am fairly sure it didn't get a physical release.
>
> So, O great minds of UGVM, how have I been able to play this? And how can
> I continue to play it without paying the extortionate sum of 」3.30?
>
> Tim (tm)

UGVM, you are all rubbish. I found it.

I had a copy of Dreamcast Collection for the 360 on disc - Crazy Taxi, Sega
Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5 pt 2, and Sonic Adventure.

Amazingly, it works as a backwards compatible title, with the exception of
SC5p2 - put the disc in and it installs the others to play. A bit of a
glitch at first mind; I already had Crazy Taxi installed and putting the
disc in just launched that; I had to uninstall Crazy Taxi and then
everything was installed in one go.

Sonic Adventure is a bit hard to control now.

Tim (tm)

Re: Wherefore art thou Sonic Adventure for the Xbox 360?

<67vMJ.895642$psO1.530910@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1141&group=uk.games.video.misc#1141

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: new...@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com (gunthergloop)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 14:29:24 +0000
 by: gunthergloop - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 14:29 UTC

On 08/02/2022 10:46, Tim Miller wrote:
> Tim Miller <news@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote:
>> I have, apparently, played Sonic Adventure on the Xbox 360, at least to the
>> part where I met Tails and unlocked an achievement for doing that. On 6
>> March 2012, no less, 11 days before my first child was born.
>>
>> I thought I might play some more, but it appears I do not own it digitally,
>> and I am fairly sure it didn't get a physical release.
>>
>> So, O great minds of UGVM, how have I been able to play this? And how can
>> I continue to play it without paying the extortionate sum of 」3.30?
>>
>> Tim (tm)
>
> UGVM, you are all rubbish. I found it.
>
> I had a copy of Dreamcast Collection for the 360 on disc - Crazy Taxi, Sega
> Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5 pt 2, and Sonic Adventure.
>
> Amazingly, it works as a backwards compatible title, with the exception of
> SC5p2 - put the disc in and it installs the others to play. A bit of a
> glitch at first mind; I already had Crazy Taxi installed and putting the
> disc in just launched that; I had to uninstall Crazy Taxi and then
> everything was installed in one go.
>
> Sonic Adventure is a bit hard to control now.
>
> Tim (tm)

lol

I miss the space shuttle launch in Gameboy Tetris. Oh UGVM Greats! (who
have been proved to be useless) How do I get this back, without
purchasing a Gameboy. Or standalone emulator. ?

- Kevin.

Re: Wherefore art thou Sonic Adventure for the Xbox 360?

<j6fn3oF34doU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1142&group=uk.games.video.misc#1142

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 8 Feb 2022 17:20:56 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 17:20 UTC

On 8 Feb 2022 at 14:29:24 GMT, "gunthergloop"
<news1@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com> wrote:

> On 08/02/2022 10:46, Tim Miller wrote:
>> Tim Miller <news@economic-truth.co.uk> wrote:
>>> I have, apparently, played Sonic Adventure on the Xbox 360, at least to the
>>> part where I met Tails and unlocked an achievement for doing that. On 6
>>> March 2012, no less, 11 days before my first child was born.
>>>
>>> I thought I might play some more, but it appears I do not own it digitally,
>>> and I am fairly sure it didn't get a physical release.
>>>
>>> So, O great minds of UGVM, how have I been able to play this? And how can
>>> I continue to play it without paying the extortionate sum of 」3.30?
>>>
>>> Tim (tm)
>>
>> UGVM, you are all rubbish. I found it.
>>
>> I had a copy of Dreamcast Collection for the 360 on disc - Crazy Taxi, Sega
>> Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5 pt 2, and Sonic Adventure.
>>
>> Amazingly, it works as a backwards compatible title, with the exception of
>> SC5p2 - put the disc in and it installs the others to play. A bit of a
>> glitch at first mind; I already had Crazy Taxi installed and putting the
>> disc in just launched that; I had to uninstall Crazy Taxi and then
>> everything was installed in one go.
>>
>> Sonic Adventure is a bit hard to control now.
>>
>> Tim (tm)
>>

> lol
>

> I miss the space shuttle launch in Gameboy Tetris. Oh UGVM Greats! (who
> have been proved to be useless) How do I get this back, without
> purchasing a Gameboy. Or standalone emulator. ?

Avoiding the Analogue Pocket, which is the most expensive way to do it,
Pi-based handhelds and even crappy chinese sub-£20 devices then....

I'd recommend Visual Boy Advance
https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m

It does all GB -> GBA variants, runs on Windows/Mac. You'll have to
acquire Tetris for it yourself though, forbidden by charter innit.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Meanwhile, guinea pigs are displaying the survival
instincts of lemmings ... quite astonishingly, 2.86 per

Re: Wherefore art thou Sonic Adventure for the Xbox 360?

<hQBMJ.697706$CBm5.518553@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1143&group=uk.games.video.misc#1143

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: new...@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com (gunthergloop)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 22:07:08 +0000
 by: gunthergloop - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 22:07 UTC

On 08/02/2022 17:20, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2022 at 14:29:24 GMT, "gunthergloop"
> <news1@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com> wrote:

>>> UGVM, you are all rubbish. I found it.
>>>
>>> I had a copy of Dreamcast Collection for the 360 on disc - Crazy Taxi, Sega
>>> Bass Fishing, Space Channel 5 pt 2, and Sonic Adventure.
>>>
>>> Amazingly, it works as a backwards compatible title, with the exception of
>>> SC5p2 - put the disc in and it installs the others to play. A bit of a
>>> glitch at first mind; I already had Crazy Taxi installed and putting the
>>> disc in just launched that; I had to uninstall Crazy Taxi and then
>>> everything was installed in one go.
>>>
>>> Sonic Adventure is a bit hard to control now.
>>>
>>> Tim (tm)
>>>

>> lol
>>

>> I miss the space shuttle launch in Gameboy Tetris. Oh UGVM Greats! (who
>> have been proved to be useless) How do I get this back, without
>> purchasing a Gameboy. Or standalone emulator. ?
>
> Avoiding the Analogue Pocket, which is the most expensive way to do it,
> Pi-based handhelds and even crappy chinese sub-£20 devices then....
>
> I'd recommend Visual Boy Advance
> https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m
>
> It does all GB -> GBA variants, runs on Windows/Mac. You'll have to
> acquire Tetris for it yourself though, forbidden by charter innit.
>
> Cheers - Jaimie

Sounds like a plan. Have a biscuit! ;)

Re: Wherefore art thou Sonic Adventure for the Xbox 360?

<XnsAE536866F6EA5economictruth@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1154&group=uk.games.video.misc#1154

From: new...@economic-truth.co.uk (Tim Miller)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:15:47 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Tim Miller - Mon, 7 Mar 2022 10:15 UTC

gunthergloop <news1@kevinfSPAMNOorde.com> wrote in

>> Avoiding the Analogue Pocket, which is the most expensive way to do
>> it, Pi-based handhelds and even crappy chinese sub-£20 devices
>> then....
>>
>> I'd recommend Visual Boy Advance
>> https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m
>>
>> It does all GB -> GBA variants, runs on Windows/Mac. You'll have to
>> acquire Tetris for it yourself though, forbidden by charter innit.
>>
>> Cheers - Jaimie
>
> Sounds like a plan. Have a biscuit! ;)

It's worth noting that Tetris DX, for the Game Boy Colour, also has the
space shuttle, and is all round a slightly better version.

Tim (tm)