Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Petrol Was Bought Everywhere (PWBE 27 Sep 2021)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 04:27:30 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 09:27 UTC

There is no shortage. There is nothing to see here. Please behave as you
would normally. No wait, please behave better than that maybe.

Play:
--=--

Xanadu Next (PC) - I'm saving a lot of talk for the podcast, but I wanted
to mention that this is a pleasant little action RPG that's a little too
old and stodgy to be as much fun as it is. It's part of Falcom's winding
Dragonslayer series, which also includes by extension all of the Xanadu
dungeon crawlers from the Vita and the seven Legend of Heroes games we
know from the PSP, Vita, Switch, and PS4. And now PC as well.

Lost Judgment (PS4) - Unexpectedly delivered to my house on Saturday, with
a little scratch on the disc because Amazon are careless with their
handling of parcels. It's fine so far, and I wish I had something more
meaningful to say other than that it's another Yakuza game like any other.
I suppose I won't have meaningful impressions until the venue change,
since the bulk of the game does not actually happen in Kamurocho.

Want:
--=--

Retro Nintendo releases on Switch carts (Switch) - They'll never do it,
but what I really want out of Nintendo right now is for all this NSO
goodness to get permanent traditional media releases. It's not as if
they'd lose money doing that, because collector nerds not unlike me are
likely already NSO subscribers *and* will buy the carts as well for
completist reasons. As it stands, online-only releases get a pass from me
as long as there are other things to buy that won't go away, and that I
don't have to buy again later.

Bin:
-==-

Dungeons and Dragons Dark Alliance (PS4) - I gave it a fair shot, but it's
also a 40 gig install on the PS4. It gets scrubbed to make room for Lost
Judgment.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,841

Xanadu Next (PC) - $8

Total year-to-date - $3,849

-KKC, who also played Skyrim but has nothing new to say about that.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Petrol Was Bought Everywhere (PWBE 27 Sep 2021)

<tRp4J.484496$2Ht3.323142@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1076&group=uk.games.video.misc#1076

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Petrol Was Bought Everywhere (PWBE 27 Sep 2021)
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 20:30:17 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 20:30 UTC

> Play:

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - more logic puzzles in a non-Logic Puzzle game.

> Want:

Castlevania Advance Collection (PS4) - the GBA games plus, weirdly,
Dracula X. As emulated by M2 apparently. For me this would probably
just be for an Aria of Sorrow replay, so I'll probably be waiting for
the inevitable sale.

> Bin:

Nothing.

-Rus.

Re: Petrol Was Bought Everywhere (PWBE 27 Sep 2021)

<irgc95F7hbqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1077&group=uk.games.video.misc#1077

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 28 Sep 2021 11:23:17 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 11:23 UTC

On 27 Sep 2021 at 10:27:30 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> There is no shortage. There is nothing to see here. Please behave as you
> would normally. No wait, please behave better than that maybe.

*Now* you tell them!

> Play:
> --=--

> Lost Judgment (PS4) - Unexpectedly delivered to my house on Saturday, with
> a little scratch on the disc because Amazon are careless

How is it that after all these years we don't have optical disk cases
that are fully safe for postal transport?

Breath of the Wild (Wiiu/CEMU): I did the rest of the townbuilding at
Tarrey, got the mawwiage sorted, and after a brief foray into EX fancy
hats (I now have a partial Midna cosplay) I'm into the Champions DLC
that I bought four years ago or whatever it was. The first segment is
pretty tough, glad I had a shitload of arrows saved up. The second part
begins with trying to identify locations of new shrines by small map
segments, and... I am not good at this apparently. I've got two, if I
can't spot the third one for this monument I'll go look it up because I
don't find it a fun challenge due to the stupid UI flicking the map back
to me every time I leave it to look again at the segment.

Beat Saber (VRs) - new Billy Eilish DLC. I do like it when a map pack
involving an artist I actually like drops, rather than one I can just
about tolerate in order to get the pro-quality mapping. And I do like a
company that hires from the top end of the modding community. Putting
aside that they were bought up by Facebook for a moment... Although
curiously they've also recently upgraded the multiplayer to be cross
platform, so it's now playable between Oculus Quest and Steam/Oculus on
PC without any need to be Facebooked on Steam.

> Want:
> --=--
>
> Retro Nintendo releases on Switch carts (Switch) - They'll never do it,

I'd like to know the pricing on the N64/Sega back catalogue stuff.

> Bin:
> -==-

Nowt.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"How fleeting are all human passions compared
with the massive continuity of ducks"