Your sister swims out to meet troop ships.

aus+uk / uk.rec.motorcycles / Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

SubjectAuthor
* ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?jeremy
+* ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?wessie
|`- ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?jeremy
+- ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?YTC#1
+* ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?Turby
|+* ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?jeremy
||+- ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?YTC#1
||`* ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?Turby
|| `- ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?jeremy
|`* ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?Mark Olson
| `* ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?jeremy
|  `* ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?YTC#1
|   `- ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?Turby
+* ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?Ben Blaney
|`- ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?Ben Blaney
+* ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?Theo
|`- ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?jeremy
+* ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?Bruce Horrocks
|`- ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?jeremy
`- ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?Tim

1
ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<jg8ov7Fldp1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10083&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10083

From: jeremy0...@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Subject: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?
Date: 7 Jun 2022 10:52:23 GMT
 by: jeremy - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 10:52 UTC

Considering a holiday in the US and Canada next year taking in at least the
following
- toronto
- arkansas
- san grancisco
- portland OR
- seattle

There will be a combo of flights , hire cars, hire bike (to bring it on-topic
at least a little).

No firm dates or durations but wondering if there's an app/website out there
that would enable you to stick some locations into a flxeible itinerary and
then automaically lookup (e.g.) flight options and current prices - provides a
starter for 10 and then maybe shift dates (or airports) for better fares
(perhaps the app might suggest "you could save xx if you took a later /
earlier flight") - so building an itinerary that might be driven by a blend of
dates but also most cost-efficient travel between points.

?

cheers

--
jeremy

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<XnsAEAF79AC9CA25wtymmmsas@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10084&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10084

From: willnotw...@tesco.net (wessie)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 10:57:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: wessie - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 10:57 UTC

jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote in

> Considering a holiday in the US and Canada next year taking in at
> least the following
> - toronto
> - arkansas
> - san grancisco
> - portland OR
> - seattle
>
> There will be a combo of flights , hire cars, hire bike (to bring it
> on-topic at least a little).
>
> No firm dates or durations but wondering if there's an app/website out
> there that would enable you to stick some locations into a flxeible
> itinerary and then automaically lookup (e.g.) flight options and
> current prices - provides a starter for 10 and then maybe shift dates
> (or airports) for better fares (perhaps the app might suggest "you
> could save xx if you took a later / earlier flight") - so building an
> itinerary that might be driven by a blend of dates but also most
> cost-efficient travel between points.
>
> ?
>
> cheers

Blaney recommended this website for flights years ago. seems they have a
trips section. Not used it but it might do the job
https://www.kayak.co.uk/trips

I have certainly used the flight comparison tool in the past which works
well. Although, relying on the alleged timetables seems to be a bit of a
gamble nowadays...

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<t7nfq9$vt9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10085&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10085

From: bdp...@ytc1-spambin.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 13:20:22 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 12:20 UTC

On 07/06/2022 11:52, jeremy wrote:
> Considering a holiday in the US and Canada next year taking in at least the
> following
> - toronto
> - arkansas
> - san grancisco
> - portland OR
> - seattle
>
> There will be a combo of flights , hire cars, hire bike (to bring it on-topic
> at least a little).

In the past I have gone with an agency, as they seem to have better
access to the fiddly bits, and when a detail changes they do it for you.

I've used rtwexperts.co.uk, who now appear to be flightcentre.

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<t7nmo5$dqh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10088&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10088

From: xsu...@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 07:18:44 -0700
 by: Turby - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 14:18 UTC

On 6/7/2022 3:52 AM, jeremy wrote:
> Considering a holiday in the US and Canada next year taking in at least the
> following
> - toronto
> - arkansas
> - san grancisco
> - portland OR
> - seattle
>
> There will be a combo of flights , hire cars, hire bike (to bring it on-topic
> at least a little).

As for motorcycles - I've only done a bit of research, but everything
I've seen charges ~$100 a day for non-group rentals, which is >double
that for cars.

Destinations - Not sure why Arkansas. Between the Mississippi River and
the Rocky Mountains is all flat, boring land that takes time to cross.
From the Rockies to the West Coast is some amazing topography. Southern
Utah, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Big Sur, all worth a visit, with
plenty of fun roads around them. Plenty of other destinations besides.

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS, ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<jg96eqFnleiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10089&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10089

From: jeremy0...@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 7 Jun 2022 14:42:34 GMT
 by: jeremy - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 14:42 UTC

On 7 Jun 2022 at 15:18:44 BST, "Turby" <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure why Arkansas.

The holiday is part exploration, part visitng friends and family - Toronto /
Ottawa, Arkansas and Portland are all within that category.

The bike part may be just a couple of days up in Portland. Thought at present
would be

Air:
london -> toronto -> arkansas -> SF

Road:
SF -> portland -> seattle

--
jeremy

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<t7nogq$gh3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10090&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10090

From: bdp...@ytc1-spambin.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 15:48:58 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 14:48 UTC

On 07/06/2022 15:42, jeremy wrote:
> On 7 Jun 2022 at 15:18:44 BST, "Turby" <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not sure why Arkansas.
>
> The holiday is part exploration, part visitng friends and family - Toronto /
> Ottawa, Arkansas and Portland are all within that category.

I found Arkansas interesting. Blue Grass music etc.

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<jg97diFnqa1U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10092&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10092

From: jeremy0...@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 7 Jun 2022 14:58:58 GMT
 by: jeremy - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 14:58 UTC

On 7 Jun 2022 at 11:57:39 BST, "wessie" <willnotwork@tesco.net> wrote:

> Not used it but it might do the job
> https://www.kayak.co.uk/trips

thanks will take a look

--
jeremy

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<t7o8ro$326$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10109&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10109

From: xsu...@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 12:27:52 -0700
 by: Turby - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 19:27 UTC

On 6/7/2022 7:42 AM, jeremy wrote:
> On 7 Jun 2022 at 15:18:44 BST, "Turby" <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not sure why Arkansas.
>
> The holiday is part exploration, part visitng friends and family - Toronto /
> Ottawa, Arkansas and Portland are all within that category.

Figured as much. Too obscure for just tourism.

> The bike part may be just a couple of days up in Portland. Thought at present
> would be
> Road:
> SF -> portland -> seattle

The coast of NorCal above SF (Hiway 1) is at least as good as Big Sur,
but in Oregon it tends to be too busy. Going left off Hiway 101 at the
Humboldt Redwoods State Park takes you through the Lost Coast to
Ferndale. A nice detour. Ferndale is also home to the Kinetic Sculpture
race and I think there's still a museum for it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_sculpture_race

--
The erstwhile Thomas
FJR1300, R1200GS, ST1100 (in memoriam)

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<3b78d273-1369-46af-852a-77b78cd67cdcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10115&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10115

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 16:32:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: benbla...@gmail.com (Ben Blaney)
 by: Ben Blaney - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 23:32 UTC

On Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at 3:52:26 AM UTC-7, jeremy wrote:
> Considering a holiday in the US and Canada next year taking in at least the
> following
> - toronto
> - arkansas
> - san grancisco
> - portland OR
> - seattle

Skip Arkansas. Pointless.

> There will be a combo of flights , hire cars, hire bike (to bring it on-topic
> at least a little).

My thought:
Fly to Toronto. There's a new airline (flynorse.com) who have very cheap flights.
Then fly Toronto to SF. It's going to be a five or six hour flight, just so you know
SF to Portland, Oregon would be a very nice coast drive/ride.
With all the time you saved not going to the home of Walmart, you can drive to Seattle.
Fly home fro Seattle.

> No firm dates or durations but wondering if there's an app/website out there
> that would enable you to stick some locations into a flxeible itinerary and
> then automaically lookup (e.g.) flight options and current prices - provides a
> starter for 10 and then maybe shift dates (or airports) for better fares
> (perhaps the app might suggest "you could save xx if you took a later /
> earlier flight") - so building an itinerary that might be driven by a blend of
> dates but also most cost-efficient travel between points.

Not that I know of. Good idea though.

I want something similar. I want to have a "compare" side by side. Example: my parents are coming to visit. Should I have them fly to New York and I pick them up, and their return is from my local airport, or should I have them fly into Toronto and out of my local airport, or in and out of New York. I want a side-by-side with take off, layover time, arrival time and price. Shouldn't be that hard.

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<e3025c6e-0ff6-4f5f-aa54-4d7dfb81a54en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10154&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10154

Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2022 14:22:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: benbla...@gmail.com (Ben Blaney)
 by: Ben Blaney - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 21:22 UTC

On Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 7:29:09 AM UTC-7, jeremy wrote:
> On 8 Jun 2022 at 00:32:18 BST, "Ben Blaney" <benb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Skip Arkansas. Pointless.
>
> Family visit.
> > With all the time you saved not going to the home of Walmart, you can drive to
> > Seattle.
> And guess who the family member works for...

Ugh. Okay, well, then you'll want to do that from Toronto, for relative proximity. It'll be two flights. I think I read that United put on more flights to Bentonville, but I don't know if they serve that station from all of their hubs or just some.

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<t7rjso$ln8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10165&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10165

From: ols...@tiny.invalid (Mark Olson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 01:54:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mark Olson - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 01:54 UTC

Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/7/2022 3:52 AM, jeremy wrote:
>> Considering a holiday in the US and Canada next year taking in at least the
>> following
>> - toronto
>> - arkansas
>> - san grancisco
>> - portland OR
>> - seattle

<snip>

> Destinations - Not sure why Arkansas. Between the Mississippi River and
> the Rocky Mountains is all flat, boring land that takes time to cross.

The Ozarks of northwestern Arkansas, eastern Oklahoma, and southwestern
Missouri are a notable exception to this rule, with some amazing
motorcycling roads.

> From the Rockies to the West Coast is some amazing topography. Southern
> Utah, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Big Sur, all worth a visit, with
> plenty of fun roads around them. Plenty of other destinations besides.

Yes. Lots of great roads in the west.

--
FJR1300A, GL1000, KLR650A6F, EX250J9A, Vespa Ciao

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<U+n*FKhQy@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10192&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10192

From: theom+n...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Theo)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 09 Jun 2022 13:15:58 +0100 (BST)
 by: Theo - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 12:15 UTC

jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote:
> No firm dates or durations but wondering if there's an app/website out there
> that would enable you to stick some locations into a flxeible itinerary and
> then automaically lookup (e.g.) flight options and current prices - provides a
> starter for 10 and then maybe shift dates (or airports) for better fares
> (perhaps the app might suggest "you could save xx if you took a later /
> earlier flight") - so building an itinerary that might be driven by a blend of
> dates but also most cost-efficient travel between points.

<delurk>
https://oldmatrix.itasoftware.com/
which has been supposedly replaced by:
https://www.google.com/flights
and
https://matrix.itasoftware.com/search
(I haven't used that one)

OldMatrix happily let me specify a series of flights with flexibility on
dates:
LON-YYZ
YYZ-YOW
YOW-LIT (Little Rock)
LIT-SFO

although in that particular itinerary you end up with a wierd combination of
Aer Lingus, Air Canada and United which is possibly not good value. Also be
aware this is only carriers on travel trade systems not low cost carriers -
you won't find Southwest or Spirit or whoever on there, so it might be
easier to price up separate tickets within North America. Should have no
problem finding a London-Toronto and San Franscisco-London return though.

Theo

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<65d57ad7-f360-aaf2-7797-65b8f9235dee@scorecrow.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10204&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10204

From: 07....@scorecrow.com (Bruce Horrocks)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 22:47:54 +0100
 by: Bruce Horrocks - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 21:47 UTC

On 07/06/2022 11:52, jeremy wrote:
> Considering a holiday in the US and Canada next year taking in at least the
> following
> - toronto
> - arkansas
> - san grancisco
> - portland OR
> - seattle
>
> There will be a combo of flights , hire cars, hire bike (to bring it on-topic
> at least a little).
>
> No firm dates or durations but wondering if there's an app/website out there
> that would enable you to stick some locations into a flxeible itinerary and
> then automaically lookup (e.g.) flight options and current prices - provides a
> starter for 10 and then maybe shift dates (or airports) for better fares
> (perhaps the app might suggest "you could save xx if you took a later /
> earlier flight") - so building an itinerary that might be driven by a blend of
> dates but also most cost-efficient travel between points.

If you Google "round the world ticket" you'll find a number of agents
offering multi-flight customised itineraries.

--
Bruce Horrocks
FJR1300AS

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<jilanpFobf4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10713&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10713

From: jeremy0...@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 6 Jul 2022 11:41:45 GMT
 by: jeremy - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 11:41 UTC

On 7 Jun 2022 at 20:27:52 BST, "Turby" <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/7/2022 7:42 AM, jeremy wrote:
>> On 7 Jun 2022 at 15:18:44 BST, "Turby" <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Not sure why Arkansas.
>>
>> The holiday is part exploration, part visitng friends and family - Toronto /
>> Ottawa, Arkansas and Portland are all within that category.
>>
> Figured as much. Too obscure for just tourism.
>
>> The bike part may be just a couple of days up in Portland. Thought at present
>> would be
>> Road:
>> SF -> portland -> seattle
>>

> The coast of NorCal above SF (Hiway 1) is at least as good as Big Sur,
> but in Oregon it tends to be too busy. Going left off Hiway 101 at the
> Humboldt Redwoods State Park takes you through the Lost Coast to
> Ferndale. A nice detour. Ferndale is also home to the Kinetic Sculpture
> race and I think there's still a museum for it.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_sculpture_race

Thanks for the info, would be interested in this.
--
jeremy

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<jilaotFobmnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10714&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10714

From: jeremy0...@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 6 Jul 2022 11:42:21 GMT
 by: jeremy - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 11:42 UTC

On 9 Jun 2022 at 02:54:32 BST, "Mark Olson" <olsonm@tiny.invalid> wrote:

> Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6/7/2022 3:52 AM, jeremy wrote:
>>> Considering a holiday in the US and Canada next year taking in at least the
>>> following
>>> - toronto
>>> - arkansas
>>> - san grancisco
>>> - portland OR
>>> - seattle
>
> <snip>
>
>> Destinations - Not sure why Arkansas. Between the Mississippi River and
>> the Rocky Mountains is all flat, boring land that takes time to cross.
>
> The Ozarks of northwestern Arkansas, eastern Oklahoma, and southwestern
> Missouri are a notable exception to this rule, with some amazing
> motorcycling roads.
>
>> From the Rockies to the West Coast is some amazing topography. Southern
>> Utah, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Big Sur, all worth a visit, with
>> plenty of fun roads around them. Plenty of other destinations besides.
>
> Yes. Lots of great roads in the west.

Thanks & noted.
--
jeremy

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<jilarrFoc0rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10715&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10715

From: jeremy0...@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 6 Jul 2022 11:43:55 GMT
 by: jeremy - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 11:43 UTC

On 9 Jun 2022 at 13:15:58 BST, "Theo" <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
wrote:

> jeremy <jeremy0505@gmail.com> wrote:
>> No firm dates or durations but wondering if there's an app/website out there
>> that would enable you to stick some locations into a flxeible itinerary and
>> then automaically lookup (e.g.) flight options and current prices - provides a
>> starter for 10 and then maybe shift dates (or airports) for better fares
>> (perhaps the app might suggest "you could save xx if you took a later /
>> earlier flight") - so building an itinerary that might be driven by a blend of
>> dates but also most cost-efficient travel between points.
>
> <delurk>
> https://oldmatrix.itasoftware.com/
> which has been supposedly replaced by:
> https://www.google.com/flights
> and
> https://matrix.itasoftware.com/search
> (I haven't used that one)
>
> OldMatrix happily let me specify a series of flights with flexibility on
> dates:
> LON-YYZ
> YYZ-YOW
> YOW-LIT (Little Rock)
> LIT-SFO
>
> although in that particular itinerary you end up with a wierd combination of
> Aer Lingus, Air Canada and United which is possibly not good value. Also be
> aware this is only carriers on travel trade systems not low cost carriers -
> you won't find Southwest or Spirit or whoever on there, so it might be
> easier to price up separate tickets within North America. Should have no
> problem finding a London-Toronto and San Franscisco-London return though.

Thanks for the info Theo.

--
jeremy

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<jilb1dFocrbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10716&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10716

From: jeremy0...@gmail.com (jeremy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: 6 Jul 2022 11:46:53 GMT
 by: jeremy - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 11:46 UTC

On 9 Jun 2022 at 22:47:54 BST, "Bruce Horrocks" <07.013@scorecrow.com> wrote:

> If you Google "round the world ticket" you'll find a number of agents
> offering multi-flight customised itineraries.

Sure - but the key is to be able to plug in requirements and get given back
options - i mean real self-serve, tweak one variable and see its impact on
cost, schedules etc.

Just back from first ever 3 week holiday - we spent it in Crete, staying in
different locations for varying numbers of days. Beautiful island. Not really
relevant to this thread excrpt that I didn't look at usenet whilst I was
away...

--
jeremy

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<ta4g5i$3acu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10720&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10720

From: nob...@home.co.uk (Tim)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 18:18:41 +0100
 by: Tim - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 17:18 UTC

On 07/06/2022 11:52, jeremy wrote:
> Considering a holiday in the US and Canada next year taking in at least the
> following
> - toronto
> - arkansas
> - san grancisco
> - portland OR
> - seattle
>
> There will be a combo of flights , hire cars, hire bike (to bring it on-topic
> at least a little).

Having done 4 of the above 5 you may like to consider the train as well.
Rather depends on how you "join the dots" I guess.

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<ta4jak$3k0u$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10723&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10723

From: bdp...@ytc1-spambin.co.uk (YTC#1)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022 19:12:36 +0100
 by: YTC#1 - Wed, 6 Jul 2022 18:12 UTC

On 06/07/2022 12:42, jeremy wrote:
> On 9 Jun 2022 at 02:54:32 BST, "Mark Olson" <olsonm@tiny.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Turby <xsurf@xmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> Destinations - Not sure why Arkansas. Between the Mississippi River and
>>> the Rocky Mountains is all flat, boring land that takes time to cross.
>>
>> The Ozarks of northwestern Arkansas, eastern Oklahoma, and southwestern
>> Missouri are a notable exception to this rule, with some amazing
>> motorcycling roads.
>>
>>> From the Rockies to the West Coast is some amazing topography. Southern
>>> Utah, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Big Sur, all worth a visit, with
>>> plenty of fun roads around them. Plenty of other destinations besides.
>>
>> Yes. Lots of great roads in the west.
>
> Thanks & noted.

The 299 from Redding to Eureka

--
Bruce Porter
"The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly"
http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/
There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/

Re: ot: holiday planning - multiple locations / flights - app?

<taa4c2$q8ou$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10778&group=uk.rec.motorcycles#10778

From: xsu...@xmail.com (Turby)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.motorcycles
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 13:34:09 -0700
 by: Turby - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 20:34 UTC

On 7/6/2022 11:12 AM, YTC#1 wrote:

> On 06/07/2022 12:42, jeremy wrote:

>>> Yes. Lots of great roads in the west.
>>
>> Thanks & noted.
>
> The 299 from Redding to Eureka

If you're going into details, in that area is also the "Trinity Alps
Freeway" - Hiway 93 from Somes Bar through Cecilville to Callahan.

image loc30 in this group:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/turbster/albums/72157637961567993