<calc> Knghtbrd: irc doesn't compile c code very well ;)

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)

SubjectAuthor
* Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)Kendrick Kerwin Chua
+- Re: Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)Jaimie Vandenbergh
`* Re: Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)Russell Marks
 `* Re: Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)Kendrick Kerwin Chua
  `* Re: Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)Russell Marks
   `- Re: Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)Jaimie Vandenbergh

1
Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)

<HOKdnenD_siuosf8nZ2dnUU7-d_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1078&group=uk.games.video.misc#1078

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2021 18:39:31 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Sun, 3 Oct 2021 23:39 UTC

I am not listed in the Pandora papers. Then again, I didn't set up ten
shell companies to buy GBP 75 million worth of UK properties. I didn't buy
a $33 million home and claim it belonged to my 11-year-old son either. If
I'd known it was that easy I'd have happily gone halves or quarters with
someone on that sort of scheme. I wonder why they all wanted to keep these
deals so secret?

Play:
--=--

Skyrim (Switch) - Been reading about the Anniversary Edition, which takes
some of the nakedly commercial Creator's Club content and packs it into
the game for free, or at least as part of the core whatever that you've
purchased. It feels like this is how Bethsoft is milking recurring revenue
out of a 15 year old game that isn't actually an MMO. This is by way of
saying I'm going to have to consider carefully whether or not I'd be
willing to buy any future Switch release of said edition when I seem to be
perfectly willing to just have the same encounters in the game over and
over again. Although I did discover a wolf's den near my house that I'd
never noticed before, but only because a dragon decided to land there and
have a snack.

Not Lost Judgment (PS4) - What I need is for this game to be released on a
portable system that I can pause or suspend any time I like so I can run
off and do whatever soul-crushing obligation I have to obligingly do
before I can come back to playing games. Although it's fair to observe
that you can play Skyrim in little five and ten-minute bursts but you need
at least a full 45 minutes to watch most Yakuza cut scenes. Basically I'm
going to have to call in a few bomb threats to get the appropriate amount
of time to myself. (I am not going to call in any actual bomb threats.)

Want:
--=--

More time - Spent all day Saturday parenting, and all day Sunday cleaning.
Adulthood is going to kill me. I'm starting to have some real empathy for
people who develop an addiction to opioid painkillers. (I do not have an
addiction to opioid painkillers and my preferred method for dealing with
this will be just to moan about it on the Internet.)

Bin:
-==-

Plumbers Don't Wear Ties (PS4/Switch) - Are you kidding? Nobody actually
liked this game, which had almost no FMV and was essentially a bawdy
slideshow that would have been considered only slightly rude in the 1930s.
Who do they suppose is the target audience for this? Even if it weren't
coming from that particular company I wouldn't be buying it.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $3,849

-KKC, who wants to start an 'Eat The Rich' index. For fun.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)

<irvtc7F6psrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1079&group=uk.games.video.misc#1079

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)
Date: 4 Oct 2021 08:47:03 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 08:47 UTC

On 4 Oct 2021 at 00:39:31 BST, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Play:
> --=--
>
> Not Lost Judgment (PS4) - What I need is for this game to be released on a
> portable system that I can pause or suspend any time I like [snip] Basically I'm
> going to have to call in a few bomb threats to get the appropriate amount
> of time to myself. (I am not going to call in any actual bomb threats.)

Get with the times grandad, it's all "I've got covid" now.

I've been away since last Tuesday, so I've only played a little bit of
Breath of the Wild - cleared two of Urbosa's DLC shrines, found the
third but had to go to sleep.

> Want:
> --=--

Brain to come a *little* bit closer to focus. I want to get started on
my Amiga 4000 motherboard build but I'm not up to soldering at the level
required, yet.

> Bin:
> -==-

Brexit (again). Just got stung an extra £75 on an Amiga graphics card :(

> -KKC, who wants to start an 'Eat The Rich' index. For fun.

They're full of coke, be slightly wary.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
Imagine how happy you might be if you spent less time
imagining how happy you might be.

Re: Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)

<rMA6J.954010$fAMf.631551@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1080&group=uk.games.video.misc#1080

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 10:33:59 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 10:33 UTC

> Play:

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - more of this. Including another weirdly dodgy
15x15 puzzle I had to guess maybe a 9x5 area of. Or rather, I could
guess the position of a 4-square block, solve the rest logically, then
try another position when an inconsistency appeared.

Grand Theft Auto 5 (PS4) - some story mode randomness.

> Want:

Possibly to do the rest of GTA5's story mode somewhen - I did get the
basic finish on PS4, but I never did all the optional side-missions
even in my "100%" on PS3.

> Bin:

Nothing.

-Rus.

Re: Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)

<nNudneYYZKDXYMf8nZ2dnUU7-W-dnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1081&group=uk.games.video.misc#1081

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2021 08:10:34 -0500
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 4 Oct 2021 13:10 UTC

In article <rMA6J.954010$fAMf.631551@usenetxs.com>,
Russell Marks <zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com> wrote:
>Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:
>
>> Want:
>
>Possibly to do the rest of GTA5's story mode somewhen - I did get the
>basic finish on PS4, but I never did all the optional side-missions
>even in my "100%" on PS3.

I think I own a copy of GTA5 for like three different platforms and I've
never played more than a couple of hours of it each time. I found the
three-character setup endlessly confusing, even with all the quality-of-
life improvements and the fact that your whole inventory is available to
you all the time. It didn't help that all three protagonists are
thoroughly unlikeable. Not that Nico Bellic was some sort of aspirational
mode, but at least he had some pathos and tragedy driving his murderous
rage. Los Tres Hombres del San Andreas aren't nearly as fun to be with.

This is, admittedly, a problem only I have. Nobody else in the world plays
GTA games for the story.

-KKC, who hopes they remake Chinatown Wars some day.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @
don't trust anyone. You're used to getting smacked around, | io-nyc
and you never get homesick." - Michael Westen, /Burn Notice/ | .com

Re: Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)

<tYg7J.897924$E24.709863@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1082&group=uk.games.video.misc#1082

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 12:50:33 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 12:50 UTC

> I think I own a copy of GTA5 for like three different platforms and I've
> never played more than a couple of hours of it each time. I found the
> three-character setup endlessly confusing

You're not alone in this, I still constantly confuse which things I
have where for each character, which one I bought ammo for, etc. :-)

-Rus.

Re: Pandora Papers Whistle Blowing (PWBE 4 Oct 2021)

<is813iFo502U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1083&group=uk.games.video.misc#1083

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 7 Oct 2021 10:39:46 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 10:39 UTC

On 6 Oct 2021 at 13:50:33 BST, "Russell Marks"
<zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com> wrote:

> Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:
>
>> I think I own a copy of GTA5 for like three different platforms and I've
>> never played more than a couple of hours of it each time. I found the
>> three-character setup endlessly confusing
>
> You're not alone in this, I still constantly confuse which things I
> have where for each character, which one I bought ammo for, etc. :-)

GTA5 has the absolute worst control scheme.

Except for Red Dead Redemption 2.

Cheers - Jaimie