From: mike.sw...@yeton.co.uk (Mike Swift)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Subject: Don Everly dies aged 84
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 01:36:50 +0100
 by: Mike Swift - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 00:36 UTC

Very sad although a good innings, I was a great fan of the Everly
Brothers in the late 50's early 60's, Cathy's Clown was one of my all
time favourites along with Carole King's It might as well rain until
September.

I do wonder if the dross turned out today will be remembered when the
"artists" fall of the twig in 2080.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Re: Don Everly dies aged 84

<sfvhe5$2ns$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1083&group=uk.media.tv.misc#1083

From: in...@out.me.com (Pent)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Subject: Re: Don Everly dies aged 84
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 08:06:42 +0100
 by: Pent - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 07:06 UTC

On 23/08/2021 01:36, Mike Swift wrote:
> Very sad although a good innings, I was a great fan of the Everly
> Brothers in the late 50's early 60's, Cathy's Clown was one of my all
> time favourites along with Carole King's It might as well rain until
> September.
>
> I do wonder if the dross turned out today will be remembered when the
> "artists" fall of the twig in 2080.

Yeah, as the stuff you listened to was dross to your parents and
grandparents.

The cycle of life.

Re: Don Everly dies aged 84

<eVRXAJAJ$4IhFwcv@ntlworld.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1084&group=uk.media.tv.misc#1084

From: mike.sw...@yeton.co.uk (Mike Swift)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 13:08:41 +0100
 by: Mike Swift - Mon, 23 Aug 2021 12:08 UTC

In article <sfvhe5$2ns$1@dont-email.me>, Pent <in@out.me.com> writes
>> Very sad although a good innings, I was a great fan of the Everly
>> Brothers in the late 50's early 60's, Cathy's Clown was one of my all
>> time favourites along with Carole King's It might as well rain until
>> September.
>>
>> I do wonder if the dross turned out today will be remembered when the
>> "artists" fall of the twig in 2080.
>>

>Yeah, as the stuff you listened to was dross to your parents and
>grandparents.
>
>The cycle of life.

True but it they are still remembered 60 years later, there are a few
songs from the late 20th century I liked but find those from the 21st I
find tuneless and far from memorable.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange