From: dav...@example.invalid (Davey)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: British Gas and DD
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 12:45:56 +0000
 by: Davey - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 12:45 UTC

Amazingly, over the past few months I had watched my British Gas
account value, that I owed them, increase month by month. This is in
direct contrast to OVO, from whom I will be claiming back a sum after
the next meter reading. My British Gas account had reached nearly £300
in debit. Finally, they have realised that something is wrong with the
current monthly DD amount, and it will go to something more accurate at
the end of this month. In all the years that I have had this Gas
account, the DD amount has yo-yoed up and down, they have never managed
to set a reasonable value that evens out over a year.
It is nice to know that the mistake is not always against the
customer, but I have no problem, it helps to compensate for the
interest that OVO have been 'earning' on my credit amount.

--
Davey.

Re: British Gas and DD

<ui18me$2dpqv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=108579&group=uk.d-i-y#108579

From: a...@harrym1byt.plus.com (Harry Bloomfield Esq)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
Subject: Re: British Gas and DD
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 22:43:28 +0000
 by: Harry Bloomfield Esq - Thu, 2 Nov 2023 22:43 UTC

On 02/11/2023 12:45, Davey wrote:
> Amazingly, over the past few months I had watched my British Gas
> account value, that I owed them, increase month by month. This is in
> direct contrast to OVO, from whom I will be claiming back a sum after
> the next meter reading. My British Gas account had reached nearly £300
> in debit. Finally, they have realised that something is wrong with the
> current monthly DD amount, and it will go to something more accurate at
> the end of this month.

BG took over my account, after my original supplier failed - from then,
until I left them, it was total chaos. My previous supplier got it
right, my present supplier Octopus seem to be getting it (DD) spot on. I
ended up owing BG almost £700, which they took as a single lump, without
even advising me, or asking if it would be OK to do that.

My consumption has remained almost constant, throughout, with the three
suppliers - so how could they get it so very wrong?