From: mike.sw...@yeton.co.uk (Mike Swift)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Subject: That's 2 off my watch list.
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 17:00:03 +0100
 by: Mike Swift - Thu, 26 Aug 2021 16:00 UTC

I have watched A Question of Sport and Mastermind from the start, sadly
I wont be watching any more.

AQoS has gone down the box ticking route, get rid of professionals and
use nonentities for team captains, as for Paddy McGuinness, he wasn't
funny in Phoenix Nights or Max and Paddy and is totally embarrassing
doing the same stunts on Top Gear as Clarkson, Hammond and May did much
better.

I will not watch anything hosted by a so called reporter who stood
outside a hospital mortuary and filmed bodies under sheets being wheeled
in showing total contempt for those who had lost loved ones recently, a
complete and utter arsehole.

Mike

Yorkshire Halvard Lange

Re: That's 2 off my watch list.

<iosfhmF2l90U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1086&group=uk.media.tv.misc#1086

From: jennings...@fastmail.fm (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Subject: Re: That's 2 off my watch list.
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 16:43:50 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 15:43 UTC

On 26/08/2021 05:00 pm, Mike Swift wrote:

> I have watched A Question of Sport and Mastermind from the start, sadly
> I wont be watching any more.
>
> AQoS has gone down the box ticking route, get rid of professionals and
> use nonentities for team captains, as for Paddy McGuinness, he wasn't
> funny in Phoenix Nights or Max and Paddy and is totally embarrassing
> doing the same stunts on Top Gear as Clarkson, Hammond and May did much
> better.
>
> I will not watch anything hosted by a so called reporter who stood
> outside a hospital mortuary and filmed bodies under sheets being wheeled
> in showing total contempt for those who had lost loved ones recently, a
> complete and utter arsehole.

Clive whatsisname seemed to think he was an inquisitor for the Labour
Party on the news last week.

Shaun Wallace (himself a Mastermind winner) would have been a much
better appointment.

Re: That's 2 off my watch list.

<sgbkdp$vnq$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1087&group=uk.media.tv.misc#1087

From: com.gm...@nospam.scottishwildcat (Calum)
Newsgroups: uk.media.tv.misc
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 22:11:21 +0100
 by: Calum - Fri, 27 Aug 2021 21:11 UTC

On 26/08/2021 17:00, Mike Swift wrote:

> I will not watch anything hosted by a so called reporter

(RTS Television Journalist of the Year and Network Presenter of the
Year, and a former winner of the Bayeux-Calvados Award for war
correspondents.)

> who stood outside a hospital mortuary and filmed bodies under sheets being wheeled
> in showing total contempt for those who had lost loved ones recently, a
> complete and utter arsehole.

Sounds like a step up from the previous host, then... I might start
watching again now.