Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: BDB...@not.on.your.life (David Brooks)
Subject: Ping: Snit
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 11:12:13 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 10:12 UTC

On 03/10/2022 10:43, Snit wrote:
> On Oct 3, 2022 at 2:29:45 AM MST, "David Brooks" wrote
> <dYx_K.560968$wkZ5.322368@fx11.ams1>:

Apple is good with looking after the users of its products.
> My iPhone is being weird. Ended up calling Apple. Having an issue that is
> known internally but not one they are publicly speaking about. A
future update
> should resolve it.
Good luck with that!
Mac Mini?

>>> I had a Time Machine backup.
>>
>> Excellent. I'm pleased to learn that it worked.
>
> It did.. very well. Only challenge was I could not get my music
because I did
> not have the room.
Have you looked to see if it's in the iCloud?

<https://www.makeuseof.com/can-malware-go-undetected-how-viruses-hide-from-you/>

>>> So your 100% goal is unachievable. :)
>>
>> Sadly, you are correct!
>>
>> I intend to buy my next Mac from directly from Apple.
>
> I always do... but I do not get the "stock" machines. I increase RAM and
> storage.

This machine I bought from https://uk.selectonline.com

It came with a three year guarantee.

>>> OK, have you with the software you are concerned with?
>>
>> As far as I'm aware, I've not been troubled with malware on THIS iMac.
>>
>> But I no way of knowing or testing that - apart from running third party
>> Apps. This is what I found recently:- https://ibb.co/fDD0GMH
>
> Things in email that will likely not cause any issue.

That's what I think too.

>>> What other explanation is there?
>>
>> I asked you to discuss this as a question for Howard Oakley. You
declined.

> You already did discuss it with him and shared his views. Bad download /
> corrupt app.

Yes, that IS what he said.

This <https://imgbb.com/X2kyxCM> was a Pop-up right in front of my eyes.
>> I have absolutely no idea what that software puts onto my computer nor
>> what it is /really/ designed to do.
>
> You have SOME idea... if you did not you would not install it.

Click here to read the complete article