I'm having a tax-deductible experience! I need an energy crunch!!

aus+uk / uk.media.radio.archers / Re: Spoiler 29th August

SubjectAuthor
* Spoiler 29th AugustNick Odell
+* Re: Spoiler 29th AugustVicky
|`* Re: Spoiler 29th AugustChris
| `* Re: Spoiler 29th Augustkrw
|  `- Re: Spoiler 29th August/now 1st SeptChris
+* Re: Spoiler 29th AugustSerena Blanchflower
|`* Re: Spoiler 29th AugustChris
| `* Re: Spoiler 29th AugustSerena Blanchflower
|  `- Re: Spoiler 29th AugustChris
+- Re: Spoiler 29th AugustNick Odell
`* Re: Spoiler 29th AugustVicky
 `* Re: Spoiler 29th AugustChris
  `- Re: Spoiler 29th AugustVicky

1
Spoiler 29th August

<gtgugh153gd16v6q513t30mru696usrhli@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10633&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10633

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Spoiler 29th August
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:22:01 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 11:22 UTC

Back at the mission to educate and inform, I reckon TA did a pretty
good job of bringing humanity into a desperate situation and gave just
the right words to just the right characters to do so.

Well done.

Nick

Re: Spoiler 29th August

<aekughlk2jg6mq14f4ccvk4r4c663nopia@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10636&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10636

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Spoiler 29th August
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 13:20:13 +0100
 by: Vicky - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:20 UTC

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:22:01 +0100, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

>Back at the mission to educate and inform, I reckon TA did a pretty
>good job of bringing humanity into a desperate situation and gave just
>the right words to just the right characters to do so.
>
>Well done.
>
>Nick

Oh. I was muttering they skewed the story to get to the message.
Everywhere is desperate for staff. She must be able to get a job as
she is the right age and experience for many things.

Re: Spoiler 29th August

<teo0aa$1rkh9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10654&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10654

From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 16:55:54 +0100
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 15:55 UTC

On 31/08/2022 12:22, Nick Odell wrote:
> Back at the mission to educate and inform, I reckon TA did a pretty
> good job of bringing humanity into a desperate situation and gave just
> the right words to just the right characters to do so.
>
> Well done.

Yes, I thought they did it pretty well, although it did get a bit heavy
handed "public information announcement" at one stage. I was also
frustrated by the SWs absolute refusal to allow any Ambridge resident to
claim benefits. As such, there was a reference to Shelly's mum having
been pointed at those benefits she was entitled to, but no attempt to do
the same for Tracy!

--
Best wishes, Serena
The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most

Re: Spoiler 29th August

<teo0f9$1rmo1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10655&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10655

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 15:58:33 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:X0h2jkoPViqSo9ViBDnJxfEfeEM=
 by: Chris - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 15:58 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:22:01 +0100, Nick Odell
> <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> Back at the mission to educate and inform, I reckon TA did a pretty
>> good job of bringing humanity into a desperate situation and gave just
>> the right words to just the right characters to do so.
>>
>> Well done.
>>
>> Nick
>
> Oh. I was muttering they skewed the story to get to the message.
> Everywhere is desperate for staff. She must be able to get a job as
> she is the right age and experience for many things.

And won’t necessarily get decent references. ‘Orrobins don’t

Sincerely Chris

Re: Spoiler 29th August

<teo0qc$1roa2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10657&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10657

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 16:04:28 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:Ewf8b9Iq+l9W0PYnTs0sbgm1sdU=
 by: Chris - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 16:04 UTC

Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
> On 31/08/2022 12:22, Nick Odell wrote:
>> Back at the mission to educate and inform, I reckon TA did a pretty
>> good job of bringing humanity into a desperate situation and gave just
>> the right words to just the right characters to do so.
>>
>> Well done.
>
> Yes, I thought they did it pretty well, although it did get a bit heavy
> handed "public information announcement" at one stage. I was also
> frustrated by the SWs absolute refusal to allow any Ambridge resident to
> claim benefits. As such, there was a reference to Shelly's mum having
> been pointed at those benefits she was entitled to, but no attempt to do
> the same for Tracy!

Maybe this is to come. She hadn’t “confessed” yet. I don’t think the
last time “foodbank” was featured (but I can’t remember who the resident
was - Clarrielurv?) benegits were mentioned.

Sincerely Chris

Re: Spoiler 29th August

<-wadnaCWGctaGpL-nZ2dnZfqnPrNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10659&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10659

Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 17:09:40 +0100
From: nos...@blanchflower.me.uk (Serena Blanchflower)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
 by: Serena Blanchflower - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 16:09 UTC

On 31/08/2022 17:04, Chris wrote:
> Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
>> On 31/08/2022 12:22, Nick Odell wrote:
>>> Back at the mission to educate and inform, I reckon TA did a pretty
>>> good job of bringing humanity into a desperate situation and gave just
>>> the right words to just the right characters to do so.
>>>
>>> Well done.
>>
>> Yes, I thought they did it pretty well, although it did get a bit heavy
>> handed "public information announcement" at one stage. I was also
>> frustrated by the SWs absolute refusal to allow any Ambridge resident to
>> claim benefits. As such, there was a reference to Shelly's mum having
>> been pointed at those benefits she was entitled to, but no attempt to do
>> the same for Tracy!
>>

> Maybe this is to come. She hadn’t “confessed” yet.

Not to Jazzer or her children, no, but it was in the discussion at the
foodbank when she should have been gently pointed at the Job Centre and
Universal Credit.

As Jazzer is earning, she probably wouldn't get much but I suspect she'd
at least get the housing element of it, to pay the rent.

> I don’t think the
> last time “foodbank” was featured (but I can’t remember who the resident
> was - Clarrielurv?) benegits were mentioned.

It was Emma and my memory is that they were pretty silent about benefits
then, as well.

--
Best wishes, Serena
I finally got my head together, and my body fell apart.

Re: Spoiler 29th August

<teoj8c$18l9$3@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10668&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10668

From: krw...@whitnet.uk (krw)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 22:19:15 +0100
 by: krw - Wed, 31 Aug 2022 21:19 UTC

On 31.8.22 16:58, Chris wrote:
> And won’t necessarily get decent references.

References are so 20th century. The best you can get these days is a
brief note to confirm dates of employment for the named individual.
Confirmation of anything else is almost non-existent.

--
Kosmo Richard W
www.travelswmw.whitnet.uk

Re: Spoiler 29th August

<ter52a$29ao2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10715&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10715

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 20:35:22 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:nZjka25YcRWDAZnJ0CrJnS8mT6c=
 by: Chris - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 20:35 UTC

Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:
> On 31/08/2022 17:04, Chris wrote:
>> Serena Blanchflower <nospam@blanchflower.me.uk> wrote:

>>> Yes, I thought they did it pretty well, although it did get a bit heavy
>>> handed "public information announcement" at one stage. I was also
>>> frustrated by the SWs absolute refusal to allow any Ambridge resident to
>>> claim benefits. As such, there was a reference to Shelly's mum having
>>> been pointed at those benefits she was entitled to, but no attempt to do
>>> the same for Tracy!
>>>

>> Maybe this is to come. She hadn’t “confessed” yet.
>
> Not to Jazzer or her children, no, but it was in the discussion at the
> foodbank when she should have been gently pointed at the Job Centre and
> Universal Credit.
>
> As Jazzer is earning, she probably wouldn't get much but I suspect she'd
> at least get the housing element of it, to pay the rent.
>

>> I don’t think the
>> last time “foodbank” was featured (but I can’t remember who the resident
>> was - Clarrielurv?) benegits were mentioned.
>
> It was Emma and my memory is that they were pretty silent about benefits
> then, as well.

That’s the one!! Any road up I reckon Tracy’s been on the dole before,
and even if she hasn’t we know the good for nothing brother who cluttered
off recently certainly was.

Sincerely Chris

Re: Spoiler 29th August/now 1st Sept

<ter6lb$29ihi$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10721&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10721

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Spoiler 29th August/now 1st Sept
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 21:02:35 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9LveLWVkQFoFoBsHp7cIjzmVWDE=
 by: Chris - Thu, 1 Sep 2022 21:02 UTC

krw <krw@whitnet.uk> wrote:
> On 31.8.22 16:58, Chris wrote:
>> And won’t necessarily get decent references.
>
> References are so 20th century. The best you can get these days is a
> brief note to confirm dates of employment for the named individual.
> Confirmation of anything else is almost non-existent.

Or as in this evening’s epi!

Sincerely Chris

Re: Spoiler 29th August

<453ahhhv87seasf00v9h7rkcseukiimvv2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10853&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10853

From: nic...@themusicworkshop.plus.com (Nick Odell)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 21:39:48 +0100
 by: Nick Odell - Sun, 4 Sep 2022 20:39 UTC

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:22:01 +0100, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

>Back at the mission to educate and inform, I reckon TA did a pretty
>good job of bringing humanity into a desperate situation and gave just
>the right words to just the right characters to do so.
>
>Well done.

..... this episode appeared as the first item on PoTW this evening.
Apparently lots of listeners requested it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001brjj

Nick

Re: Spoiler 29th August

<6acbhh5t436lc7cctqti3f6atlj78vv0a2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10858&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10858

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 09:20:33 +0100
 by: Vicky - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 08:20 UTC

On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:22:01 +0100, Nick Odell
<nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:

>Back at the mission to educate and inform, I reckon TA did a pretty
>good job of bringing humanity into a desperate situation and gave just
>the right words to just the right characters to do so.
>
>Well done.
>
>Nick
Which scene was this?

Re: Spoiler 29th August

<tf4cf2$3hc3r$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10866&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10866

From: chris.mc...@ntlworld.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 08:36:51 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:lkW7UB/Ih+VtwqDmm0hNkvRRHsk=
 by: Chris - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 08:36 UTC

Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:22:01 +0100, Nick Odell
> <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> Back at the mission to educate and inform, I reckon TA did a pretty
>> good job of bringing humanity into a desperate situation and gave just
>> the right words to just the right characters to do so.
>>
>> Well done.
>>
>> Nick
> Which scene was this?

Listen to Nick’s link

Sincerely Chris

Re: Spoiler 29th August

<i7gbhh54h956v5tadlb4j7a2adc8a1aidj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10867&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10867

From: vicky.ay...@gmail.com (Vicky)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 10:27:35 +0100
 by: Vicky - Mon, 5 Sep 2022 09:27 UTC

On Mon, 5 Sep 2022 08:36:51 -0000 (UTC), Chris
<chris.mcmillan@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Vicky <vicky.ayech@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2022 12:22:01 +0100, Nick Odell
>> <nick@themusicworkshop.plus.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Back at the mission to educate and inform, I reckon TA did a pretty
>>> good job of bringing humanity into a desperate situation and gave just
>>> the right words to just the right characters to do so.
>>>
>>> Well done.
>>>
>>> Nick
>> Which scene was this?
>>

>Listen to Nick’s link
>
>Sincerely Chris
I listened to the beginning. The post said beginning. Still no wiser