From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Energy Market Tycoon (Not)!
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 15:52:23 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:C41rWDsgCJcaykrxD+/9X7YrEUE=
 by: Mike McMillan - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 15:52 UTC

I have been boring Umrats with my relating of solar energy exploits over
the last 9 months or so and, at long last, the Sun is providing very useful
photons to lower our carbon emissions and energy bills a little. We have
now set up Agile Outgoing export of surplus energy with that eight legged
company; the very distorted situation with the energy market which is
exacerbated by energy price capping means there are times when we will be
paid more to export surplus kW/hours of energy than it costs us to buy and
consume them! We are still waiting for our Tesla Powerwall storage so, if
we don’t consume energy, it is immediately sent on its’ way to the National
Grid. We live in strange times indeed!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan

Re: Energy Market Tycoon (Not)!

<tf8921$1v9r$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10886&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10886

From: joe_k...@cheerful.com (Joe Kerr)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Subject: Re: Energy Market Tycoon (Not)!
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 21:03:13 +0100
 by: Joe Kerr - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 20:03 UTC

On 06/09/2022 16:52, Mike McMillan wrote:
> I have been boring Umrats with my relating of solar energy exploits over
> the last 9 months or so and, at long last, the Sun is providing very useful
> photons to lower our carbon emissions and energy bills a little. We have
> now set up Agile Outgoing export of surplus energy with that eight legged
> company; the very distorted situation with the energy market which is
> exacerbated by energy price capping means there are times when we will be
> paid more to export surplus kW/hours of energy than it costs us to buy and
> consume them! We are still waiting for our Tesla Powerwall storage so, if
> we don’t consume energy, it is immediately sent on its’ way to the National
> Grid. We live in strange times indeed!

If only you could produce some gas too.

--
Ric

Re: Energy Market Tycoon (Not)!

<tf9hgu$68t4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10888&group=uk.media.radio.archers#10888

From: toodle.p...@virginmedia.com (Mike McMillan)
Newsgroups: uk.media.radio.archers
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 07:33:50 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:QWGxENnlbEMwwQrHIRIYMvKw9QY=
 by: Mike McMillan - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 07:33 UTC

Joe Kerr <joe_kerr@cheerful.com> wrote:
> On 06/09/2022 16:52, Mike McMillan wrote:
>> I have been boring Umrats with my relating of solar energy exploits over
>> the last 9 months or so and, at long last, the Sun is providing very useful
>> photons to lower our carbon emissions and energy bills a little. We have
>> now set up Agile Outgoing export of surplus energy with that eight legged
>> company; the very distorted situation with the energy market which is
>> exacerbated by energy price capping means there are times when we will be
>> paid more to export surplus kW/hours of energy than it costs us to buy and
>> consume them! We are still waiting for our Tesla Powerwall storage so, if
>> we don’t consume energy, it is immediately sent on its’ way to the National
>> Grid. We live in strange times indeed!
>>

> If only you could produce some gas too.

Oh! Sorry ‘bout that, but, better out than in as they say!

--
Toodle Pip, Mike McMillan