From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Subject: CD changer issue
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 08:35:59 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 08:35 UTC

I have a fairly old Goodmans audio system with a three cd changer. Sometimes
it works, sometimes not. Having a look inside it seems to me that the tray
rotates OK but the metal plate that is supposed to tilt up and rotate the
disc does not always get far enough to do so. Its a miracle of plastic and
pressed steel engineering which looks designed to not work very well. Has
anyone successfully fixed one of these. I guess the whole system is old and
cheap, and could probably be cheaper to just junk it, but its tempting to
have a fiddle!

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Re: CD changer issue

<t07hk2$10vu$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1091&group=uk.rec.audio#1091

From: Andrew97...@mybtinternet.com (Andrew)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Subject: Re: CD changer issue
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 12:19:14 +0000
 by: Andrew - Tue, 8 Mar 2022 12:19 UTC

Usually mechanisms like that have some of that white grease
applied by the manufacturer in critical joints and this stuff
dries out and/or collects dust

Andrew

On 08/03/2022 08:35, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
> I have a fairly old Goodmans audio system with a three cd changer. Sometimes
> it works, sometimes not. Having a look inside it seems to me that the tray
> rotates OK but the metal plate that is supposed to tilt up and rotate the
> disc does not always get far enough to do so. Its a miracle of plastic and
> pressed steel engineering which looks designed to not work very well. Has
> anyone successfully fixed one of these. I guess the whole system is old and
> cheap, and could probably be cheaper to just junk it, but its tempting to
> have a fiddle!
>
> Brian

Re: CD changer issue

<t0a31v$k3s$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1092&group=uk.rec.audio#1092

From: bria...@blueyonder.co.uk (Brian Gaff \(Sofa\))
Newsgroups: uk.rec.audio
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2022 11:29:00 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) - Wed, 9 Mar 2022 11:29 UTC

I could not feel anything sticky in the hinge part etc, I did speak to a
bloke who used to work for Goodmans not that long ago and he said, junk the
lot its crap. Obviously he does not work for them now, assuming they still
have anything that does much in the UK.