A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of. -- Burt Bacharach

aus+uk / uk.comp.sys.mac / Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple Mail

SubjectAuthor
* Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple Maileastender
+- Re: Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple MailJoerg Lorenz
`* Re: Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple MailJohn Hill
 +* Re: Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple MailDavid Brooks
 |`- Re: Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple MailDavid Brooks
 `- Re: Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple MailAlan B

1
Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple Mail

<2022100818434231858-nospam@nospamcom>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10937&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#10937

From: nos...@nospam.com (eastender)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple Mail
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 18:43:42 +0100
 by: eastender - Sat, 8 Oct 2022 17:43 UTC

I have several email accounts that I have put into Apple Mail including
Yahoo.com as an IMAP account.

I was searching the Yahoo account on my Mac and noticed that the inbox
only as the past 6 months emails. Nothing is being archived and nothing
has been deleted on the server (at least not in past few years) as in
Yahoo webmail I can go back to 2012.

There is no quota limit on the account.

I assume there's a Mail setting I'm missing?

Gmail and iCloud have no cut off on the inbox.

Re: Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple Mail

<thu1np$2l14$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10947&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#10947

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Subject: Re: Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple Mail
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 10:45:45 +0200
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 08:45 UTC

Am 08.10.22 um 19:43 schrieb eastender:
> I have several email accounts that I have put into Apple Mail including
> Yahoo.com as an IMAP account.
>
> I was searching the Yahoo account on my Mac and noticed that the inbox
> only as the past 6 months emails. Nothing is being archived and nothing
> has been deleted on the server (at least not in past few years) as in
> Yahoo webmail I can go back to 2012.
>
> There is no quota limit on the account.
>
> I assume there's a Mail setting I'm missing?
>
> Gmail and iCloud have no cut off on the inbox.

Reset Mail's index by deleting it. Rebuilding the index can take a
couple of minutes depending on the size and number of mails. So do not
be frightened or shocked.

~/Library/Mail/V9/MailData, delete any file that begins with “Envelope
Index,” such as Envelope Index or Envelope Index-shm.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/2476217/mac-os-x-how-to-fix-apple-mail-by-rebuilding-and-reindexing-the-mailbox.html

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Re: Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple Mail

<thualk$fu8g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10951&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#10951

From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 11:18:12 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 11:18 UTC

On 8 Oct 2022 at 18:43:42 BST, "eastender" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> I have several email accounts that I have put into Apple Mail including
> Yahoo.com as an IMAP account.
>
> I was searching the Yahoo account on my Mac and noticed that the inbox
> only as the past 6 months emails. Nothing is being archived and nothing
> has been deleted on the server (at least not in past few years) as in
> Yahoo webmail I can go back to 2012.
>
> There is no quota limit on the account.
>
> I assume there's a Mail setting I'm missing?
>
> Gmail and iCloud have no cut off on the inbox.

Are you using MacOS, iPadOS or IOS? I seem to remember that there is a setting
in the latter two that limits how far back emails are displayed. You can set a
limit from quite a shorr time to no limit; one of the settings, IIRC, is six
months.
I cannot find any such limit in MacOS. Presumably it is to save storage space,
so it's not likely to be needed there.

John.
--
God made the integers; all else is the work of man.

Re: Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple Mail

<gey0L.1090323$YC96.605207@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10952&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#10952

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: BDB...@not.on.your.life (David Brooks)
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 12:27:08 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 11:27 UTC

On 09/10/2022 12:18, John Hill wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2022 at 18:43:42 BST, "eastender" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> I have several email accounts that I have put into Apple Mail including
>> Yahoo.com as an IMAP account.
>>
>> I was searching the Yahoo account on my Mac and noticed that the inbox
>> only as the past 6 months emails. Nothing is being archived and nothing
>> has been deleted on the server (at least not in past few years) as in
>> Yahoo webmail I can go back to 2012.
>>
>> There is no quota limit on the account.
>>
>> I assume there's a Mail setting I'm missing?
>>
>> Gmail and iCloud have no cut off on the inbox.
>
> Are you using MacOS, iPadOS or IOS? I seem to remember that there is a setting
> in the latter two that limits how far back emails are displayed. You can set a
> limit from quite a shorr time to no limit; one of the settings, IIRC, is six
> months.
> I cannot find any such limit in MacOS. Presumably it is to save storage space,
> so it's not likely to be needed there.
>
> John.

I note that this is the post to which you are responding, John:-

http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=166531464600

The post does not appear on MY screen (using Thunderbird and Blocknews)

Re: Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple Mail

<thuba5$fvm9$1@alanrichardbarker.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10953&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#10953

From: alanrich...@gmail.com.invalid (Alan B)
Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 11:29:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Alan B - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 11:29 UTC

John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 8 Oct 2022 at 18:43:42 BST, "eastender" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> I have several email accounts that I have put into Apple Mail including
>> Yahoo.com as an IMAP account.
>>
>> I was searching the Yahoo account on my Mac and noticed that the inbox
>> only as the past 6 months emails. Nothing is being archived and nothing
>> has been deleted on the server (at least not in past few years) as in
>> Yahoo webmail I can go back to 2012.
>>
>> There is no quota limit on the account.
>>
>> I assume there's a Mail setting I'm missing?
>>
>> Gmail and iCloud have no cut off on the inbox.
>
> Are you using MacOS, iPadOS or IOS? I seem to remember that there is a setting
> in the latter two that limits how far back emails are displayed. You can set a
> limit from quite a shorr time to no limit; one of the settings, IIRC, is six
> months.
> I cannot find any such limit in MacOS. Presumably it is to save storage space,
> so it's not likely to be needed there.

In iOS there’s definitely an option under Mail - Accounts - <<account >> -
Advanced - Deleted Messages to specify how long to keep deleted emails but
I can’t see any setting for messages in say your Inbox.

--
Cheers, Alan

Re: Yahoo mail 6 months only on Apple Mail

<Ygy0L.1090473$YC96.746116@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=10954&group=uk.comp.sys.mac#10954

Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.mac
From: BDB...@not.on.your.life (David Brooks)
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 12:30:00 +0100
 by: David Brooks - Sun, 9 Oct 2022 11:30 UTC

On 09/10/2022 12:27, David Brooks wrote:
> On 09/10/2022 12:18, John Hill wrote:
>> On 8 Oct 2022 at 18:43:42 BST, "eastender" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have several email accounts that I have put into Apple Mail including
>>> Yahoo.com as an IMAP account.
>>>
>>> I was searching the Yahoo account on my Mac and noticed that the inbox
>>> only as the past 6 months emails. Nothing is being archived and nothing
>>> has been deleted on the server (at least not in past few years)  as in
>>> Yahoo webmail I can go back to 2012.
>>>
>>> There is no quota limit on the account.
>>>
>>> I assume there's a Mail setting I'm missing?
>>>
>>> Gmail and iCloud have no cut off on the inbox.
>>
>> Are you using MacOS, iPadOS or IOS? I seem to remember that there is a
>> setting
>> in the latter two that limits how far back emails are displayed. You
>> can set a
>> limit from quite a shorr time to no limit; one of the settings, IIRC,
>> is six
>> months.
>> I cannot find any such limit in MacOS. Presumably it is to save
>> storage space,
>> so it's not likely to be needed there.
>>
>> John.
>

> I note that this is the post to which you are responding, John:-
>
> http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=166531464600
>
> The post does not appear on MY screen (using Thunderbird and Blocknews)

Oops! I am mistaken.

I CAN see it now.

Sorry about that!