Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Overtaken by Hamilton Play Want Bin (PWBE 15 Nov 2021)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 18:03:03 -0600
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 00:03 UTC

Holy cow how did he pass 19 other drivers to win that race?

Play:
--=--

Skyrim (PC) - Wait, what? Oh yeah, I'm here trying out the new Anniversary
Edition features. Not the full on mission content and new armour bits,
that costs money. But now there's fishing and baby crabs, and you can
equip your fishing rod like a bludgeon to hit people with. All I care
about is that none of my existing, non-Creation Club mods are broken in
any way.

Game Builder Garage (Switch) - This is pleasant and entertaining, but the
overall impression is that it's not that powerful or remarkable. But this
software doesn't exist to be powerful or remarkable, so as long as your
expectations are metered properly then you'll appreciate either the
potential or the limits of the thing depending on which side of the
experience curve you're on. Unless I'm mistaken there's not a whole lot of
customisation options in terms of the actual player graphics, so while
it's a powerful level builder it's not really there to feed your inner
designer. I sort of regret buying this spontaneously now, but I also know
that I'd be spending a lot of time wondering if I hadn't experienced it
for myself.

Savior of Sapphire Wings (Switch) - A pleasant Wizardry clone that looks
like it's building up to a sad ending. This was previously a JPN-exclusive
Vita title, and the prequel to the better-known Stranger of Sword City.
I'm starting to have a real problem with white hat/black hat divisions in
fantasy storytelling, because it's really suspiciously convenient for any
opposing force in any fiction to be fitted with green skin and sharp teeth
and immediately be cast as the bad guy. I see hints that maybe it's not
that simple in this game, but fortunately it's not yet tedious or
repetitive in a way that makes me want to put it down and not find out. It
occurs to me that these JPN-region Wizardry clones are just as linear as
Bard's Tale IV is, and I'm not sure why I'm more critical of that latter
game for having that quality.

Lost Judgment (PS4) - Spent all of Sunday avoiding the main story and just
wandering around collecting garbage off the street, winning UFO Catcher
toys and levelling up. I'm really really not looking forward to having to
interact with high school children in a game, and I'm starting to
understand people with arachnophobia that's triggered by video games now.

Want:
--=--

Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch/PS4) - Maybe? Probably not for full price.
SMT IV was the only Megaten game I actually loved out of the whole series
and all its spinoffs, and the reason I know that is because I actually
bothered to finish it. SMT IV was strange and layered and beautiful and
shocking and deep in all the right ways, and even strangely hopeful even
though it's about the horrifying and inevitable end of the world. Even the
bright and cheery Persona games don't hold my interest over the long haul,
so I'm fearful that I'm going to be chasing that thrill of SMT IV that
just can't be repeated.

Bin:
-==-

Working on Sunday (RL) - When did working off-hours become an American
stereotype? When did my country become Japan in the workaholic way? Why
couldn't we have stolen the excessively polite thing, or the weird porn?

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $4,139

Game Builder Garage (Switch) - $30
Vancouver 2010 (PS3) - $17
Animal Crossing City Folk (Wii) - Free! (online vendor loyalty points)

Total year-to-date - $4,187

-KKC, who needs more light in his game room.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Overtaken by Hamilton Play Want Bin (PWBE 15 Nov 2021)

<VPtkJ.312195$ODP5.301147@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1103&group=uk.games.video.misc#1103

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 14:06:45 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 14:06 UTC

> Play:

Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4) - did a bunch of side-missions.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS4) - sandboxy stuff, but mostly just
confirming that I can still play the old (delisted?) PS2 release on
this. Because these days it doesn't hurt to check.

> I'm starting to understand people with arachnophobia that's
> triggered by video games now.

TBH it would be nice if game developers did, but spiders seem like
such a cheap/easy/harmless little "ooh scary" for many people that
it's actually amazing there aren't more spiders in games.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

Maybe those GTA PS2-era-trilogy remakes, which sound fairly dodgy as
it turns out. But I have to admit, I might still try them eventually
if the price drops enough.

-Rus.

Re: Overtaken by Hamilton Play Want Bin (PWBE 15 Nov 2021)

<ivi7rmF550dU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1104&group=uk.games.video.misc#1104

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 16 Nov 2021 17:25:10 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Tue, 16 Nov 2021 17:25 UTC

On 15 Nov 2021 at 00:03:03 GMT, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Holy cow how did he pass 19 other drivers to win that race?
>
> Play:
> --=--

Animal Crossing v2.0 (Switch) - working through the Lloidses on Harv's
island, and trying to find interesting trips with Kapp'n (only one
abnormal island so far, got a pile of glowing green vegetation from it
so probably a nuke test site). It's feeling a little busywork, I must
say. Too many things dropped at once.

Wordscapes on the phone (kinda Boggle but the words get placed into a
crossword type grid to give you some clues as to the missing ones) but
although fun it was a clear timewaster rather than a game so I stopped.

> Want:
> --=--

Finish up the quests in BotW.

> Bin:
> -==-

Teeth removal.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use
as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no

aus+uk / uk.games.video.misc / Re: Overtaken by Hamilton Play Want Bin (PWBE 15 Nov 2021)