Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Proposed Wee Bridge Ended (PWBE 22 Nov 2021)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 19:06:52 -0600
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 01:06 UTC

Aw. No bridge between Ireland and Scotland. No tunnels either. I wonder if
maybe they could just run helicopters all day long.

Play:
--=--

Not Demon's Souls (PS5) - Weekend was something of a bust because I got
full-time childcare whilst the wife worked. Hopefully I'll be able to cram
in some Demon's Souls before Monday night is out.

Want:
--=--

A new Elder Scrolls competitor (PS4/PS5) - The sour grapes and speculation
has led more than a couple of people to conclude that the next Elder
Scrolls game will not make it to non-Microsoft platforms. That's both
predictable and lamentable in equal measure. But just as the lack of a
Wizardry port caused the creation of The Bard's Tale so long ago, I think
it's high time that the lack of an Elder Scrolls game outside of the
PC/Xbox ecosystem gives rise to a new fantasy RPG IP. I imagine it might
come to life with some initial growing pains, the way Saints Row started
off as a cheap GTA clone. But it'd be easy enough to replicate clone
Skyrim, now that there's been a whole decade of seeing the game in action
and knowing how all the pieces fit together. Bethesda's lack of innovation
in all that time can only hurt its ability to compete. Imagine how ironic
and delicious it would be for such a product to be not only equal in
quality, but also available on more systems.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing gaming-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $4,187

Playstation 5 (PS5) - $500
Demon's Souls (PS5) - $70 (that's a ripoff)
Judgment (PS5) - $55
Lost Judgment (PS5) - $55
Mary Skelter Finale (PS4) - Free! (there was a sale)
Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town (Switch) - $35
Story of Seasons Pioneers of Olive Town (Switch) - $40
Rune Factory 4 (Switch) - Free! (same sale)
Riot: Civil Unrest (PS4) - $12
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles (PS5) - $20
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles (Switch) - $20
Sparklite (Switch) - $17
Dungeon of the Endless (PS4) - $17
Children of Morta (Switch) - $17

Total year-to-date - $5,035

-KKC, who seems to be able to do an awful lot of shopping for himself.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Proposed Wee Bridge Ended (PWBE 22 Nov 2021)

<k4MmJ.605379$RMW1.576280@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1106&group=uk.games.video.misc#1106

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Re: Proposed Wee Bridge Ended (PWBE 22 Nov 2021)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 12:31:12 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 12:31 UTC

> Play:

Hitman 3 (PS4) - played two levels of this... well, two more levels,
having played the first level back in April. It's a bit weird doing
the try-before-you-buy thing when you're waiting for the price to
drop, I remember I did that with Watch Dogs 2 as well (but not
Legion). It's like reading 30 pages of a book then stopping for
several months before finishing it.

So far the game's not bad. The maps are probably the same size as
before, but with some significant open spaces without much going on.
Still, they've all played well enough, one featured a reasonably
interesting gimmick, and it looks like I'm only halfway through them.

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - a couple of puzzles. As much as I like the game
(and appreciate that it was always a budget title) the difficulty
curve is wonky at best. The first of the two consecutive 15x15 puzzles
I played this time had a 15-block right at the bottom, which gave away
the position of the last block in each column solving half the puzzle
in seconds. Then the second puzzle had no blocks bigger than 8 squares
anywhere, making it considerably more difficult. Having these one
after the other in a 500-puzzle game does seem a bit ridiculous.

> Want:

Nothing.

> Bin:

Hitman 3's odd obsession with having you figure out four-digit codes,
like some weird Resident Evil puzzle throwback. Not keen on that.

Hitman 3's DLC looking so weak I can't believe they bothered with it.
Arguably they didn't.

Rockstar effectively saying "we're so sorry the GTA Trilogy thing
sucked, we somehow magically had no idea, here you can have the
original versions back - but only on PC, only on our launcher, and
only as a bundle of all three". One of those cases where you can only
imagine they sacked their entire PR department some time back, and now
just drag some drunkard off the street to write each press release.

-Rus.

Re: Proposed Wee Bridge Ended (PWBE 22 Nov 2021)

<j046naFild8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1107&group=uk.games.video.misc#1107

From: jai...@usually.sessile.org (Jaimie Vandenbergh)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: 23 Nov 2021 12:56:10 GMT
 by: Jaimie Vandenbergh - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 12:56 UTC

On 22 Nov 2021 at 01:06:52 GMT, "Kendrick Kerwin Chua"
<kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:

> Aw. No bridge between Ireland and Scotland. No tunnels either. I wonder if
> maybe they could just run helicopters all day long.

On the upside, looks like our mostly-white-elephant "fast" rail
connections are dead too. Keep the londoners away, I'm fine with that.

> Play:
> --=--

Only Animal Crossing. I'm working on filling out Harv's campsite. Met a
very old friend there over the weekend, which was rather nice. Hadn't
thought of him in years.

> Want:
> --=--

To play Beat Saber again, but I was just coming round to having the
energy then I got my booster jab last weekend and my arm isn't super
usable yet.

> Bin:
> -==-

How slow 3D printing is when you're doing fine details.

> -KKC, who seems to be able to do an awful lot of shopping for himself.

On the upside you can pretend that the PS5 only cost you 10% of your
annual budget.

Cheers - Jaimie

--
"Even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all"
-- Hypatia of Alexandria