Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Subject: Let's Do This All Again Play Want Bin (PWBE 27 Dec 2021)
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 08:04:39 -0600
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Mon, 27 Dec 2021 14:04 UTC

Close the nightclubs. Do proper social distancing. Log your contacts and
avoid long trips. Didn't we go through this already?

Play:
--=--

Fallout 3 (PC) - Well this is a buggy mess. Weirdly, the DVD version
seemed to run way better even though it was Games for Windows. As it
stands, the Steam version crashes (but doesn't exit) for no reason about
once every ten minutes, which means that the authoritative way to play
this now is on an Xbox 360. Where it only crashes every hour or so. This
is probably why there's no Switch port, because they can't get it past
Nintendo's QA check. Oh wait, let's see if this .ini file change will fix
it!

Fallout 4 (PS4) - Oh look, here I am with the GOTY edition trying to enjoy
the game. I've started over (mostly because my save files didn't make it
over from the PS4 to be transferred into the PS5) and the first thing that
happens is you're sent to your old house so that you can stand up a
settlement, which is not what I play these games for. It's not unlikely
that

Dark Souls II (PC) - Why won't you run in full screen?

Want:
--=--

My head to stop hurting - I'm sure it's just excess calories. Or
existential angst. Those things might be related.

Bin:
-==-

Nothing game-related.

Expenditure:
-----=-----

Balance forward - $5,707

Steam Sale (PC) - $131 (What in the hell did I buy? All the Fallouts
again. Most of the historical Total Wars. The newest Wizardry. A bunch of
other cheap Sega stuff. Oh, Dark Souls II too.)

Total year-to-date - $5,838

-KKC, who should go have some aspirin or something.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @

Re: Let's Do This All Again Play Want Bin (PWBE 27 Dec 2021)

<vyLyJ.620116$uzv3.147482@usenetxs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1121&group=uk.games.video.misc#1121

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 21:43:55 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 21:43 UTC

> Play:

Hitman 3 (PS4) - replayed a few bits, in particular the
Christmas-themed mission on the Paris level from Hitman 2016, where
the targets gradually steal items from the level. In Hitman 3 at least
this has been referred to as "Permanent Seasonal" content, presumably
meaning that you permanently get it sometimes. Confusing.

Oekaki Puzzle (PS1) - brief nonogrammitude.

> Want:

Art of Rally (PS4) - not sure about this one. It seems to be in a
low-poly style, with graphics in some strange way looking like all and
none of Sega Rally, Virtua Racing, and Horizon Chase Turbo. I might
try it given the sale, anyway.

> Bin:

Nothing, in a spirit of apparent goodwill to all games. Which probably
won't last. :-)

-Rus.

Re: Let's Do This All Again Play Want Bin (PWBE 27 Dec 2021)

<X9qdnVMC0KTaDFb8nZ2dnUU7-cOdnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1122&group=uk.games.video.misc#1122

Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
From: kendr...@nospam.io-nyc (Kendrick Kerwin Chua)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 16:35:51 -0600
 by: Kendrick Kerwin Chua - Tue, 28 Dec 2021 22:35 UTC

In article <vyLyJ.620116$uzv3.147482@usenetxs.com>,
Russell Marks <zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com> wrote:
>Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:
>
>> Want:
>
>Art of Rally (PS4) - not sure about this one. It seems to be in a
>low-poly style, with graphics in some strange way looking like all and
>none of Sega Rally, Virtua Racing, and Horizon Chase Turbo. I might
>try it given the sale, anyway.

I'm led to understand the name is something of a misnomer, in that Art of
Rally doesn't evoke any of the excitement or the mess of WRC in any way.
It's more sort of a zone-out game, with colours and music meant to help
you relax into some sort of transcendental state. I assume that the term
'transcendental' means that it's good for your teeth or something.

-KKC, who finally got Fallout 3 working after only three hours of hacking.
--
-- "People with happy families don't become spies. A bad | kendrick
childhood is the perfect background for covert ops. You | @
don't trust anyone. You're used to getting smacked around, | io-nyc
and you never get homesick." - Michael Westen, /Burn Notice/ | .com

Re: Let's Do This All Again Play Want Bin (PWBE 27 Dec 2021)

<m4JAJ.1168003$RMW1.955438@usenetxs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1123&group=uk.games.video.misc#1123

From: zgedn...@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com (Russell Marks)
Newsgroups: uk.games.video.misc
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 20:33:22 GMT
 by: Russell Marks - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 20:33 UTC

> In article <vyLyJ.620116$uzv3.147482@usenetxs.com>,
> Russell Marks <zgedneil@spam^H^H^H^Hgmail.com> wrote:
>>Kendrick Kerwin Chua <kendrick@nospam.io-nyc> wrote:
>>
>>> Want:
>>
>>Art of Rally (PS4) - not sure about this one. It seems to be in a
>>low-poly style, with graphics in some strange way looking like all and
>>none of Sega Rally, Virtua Racing, and Horizon Chase Turbo. I might
>>try it given the sale, anyway.
>>

> I'm led to understand the name is something of a misnomer, in that Art of
> Rally doesn't evoke any of the excitement or the mess of WRC in any way.
> It's more sort of a zone-out game, with colours and music meant to help
> you relax into some sort of transcendental state. I assume that the term
> 'transcendental' means that it's good for your teeth or something.

Well I did wonder how the gameplay might be - and I was impressed to
see exactly zero reviews of any kind linked from Metacritic. I didn't
know whether to read that as good, bad, or indifferent, but it was
enough to put me off for now. :-)

-Rus.