Oh, yeah, life goes on, long after the thrill of livin' is gone. -- John Cougar, "Jack and Diane"

aus+uk / uk.rec.gardening / Re: Weed killer to prevent new seedlings in block paving?

SubjectAuthor
* Weed killer to prevent new seedlings in block paving?Pamela
+* Re: Weed killer to prevent new seedlings in block paving?The Natural Philosopher
|`- Re: Weed killer to prevent new seedlings in block paving?Pamela
`* Re: Weed killer to prevent new seedlings in block paving?Jeff Layman
 `- Re: Weed killer to prevent new seedlings in block paving?Pamela

1
Weed killer to prevent new seedlings in block paving?

<XnsAD609073EE7DA37B93@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1121&group=uk.rec.gardening#1121

From: pamela.p...@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Weed killer to prevent new seedlings in block paving?
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 14:12:00 +0100
 by: Pamela - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 13:12 UTC

What type of weed killer would prevent new weeds germinating in block
paving?

Although some suppliers recommend it, gylphosate isn't persistent enough
and it doesn't kill seedlings until they have sprouted.

Re: Weed killer to prevent new seedlings in block paving?

<sc49fj$8bd$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1122&group=uk.rec.gardening#1122

From: tnp...@invalid.invalid (The Natural Philosopher)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 14:16:35 +0100
 by: The Natural Philosop - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 13:16 UTC

On 07/07/2021 14:12, Pamela wrote:
> What type of weed killer would prevent new weeds germinating in block
> paving?
>
> Although some suppliers recommend it, gylphosate isn't persistent enough
> and it doesn't kill seedlings until they have sprouted.

Don't be more thick than is necessary. And dont multiple post the same
post in different newsgroups

--
There’s a mighty big difference between good, sound reasons and reasons
that sound good.

Burton Hillis (William Vaughn, American columnist)

Re: Weed killer to prevent new seedlings in block paving?

<XnsAD60A11C6A7E937B93@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1124&group=uk.rec.gardening#1124

From: pamela.p...@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 15:50:16 +0100
 by: Pamela - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 14:50 UTC

On 14:16 7 Jul 2021, The Natural Philosopher said:
> On 07/07/2021 14:12, Pamela wrote:
>>

>> What type of weed killer would prevent new weeds germinating in
>> block paving?
>>
>> Although some suppliers recommend it, gylphosate isn't persistent
>> enough and it doesn't kill seedlings until they have sprouted.
>
> And dont multiple post the same post in different newsgroups

Perhaps you didn't read Mr Pounder's suggestion in uk.d-i-y to post to
uk.rec.gardening.

Re: Weed killer to prevent new seedlings in block paving?

<sc4ml9$f9s$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1125&group=uk.rec.gardening#1125

From: jmlay...@invalid.invalid (Jeff Layman)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 18:01:28 +0100
 by: Jeff Layman - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 17:01 UTC

On 07/07/2021 14:12, Pamela wrote:
> What type of weed killer would prevent new weeds germinating in block
> paving?
>
> Although some suppliers recommend it, gylphosate isn't persistent enough
> and it doesn't kill seedlings until they have sprouted.

There is only one residual weedkiller approved for amateur/home use.
That is diflufenican, which is available in combination with glyphosate
in Weedol Pathclear. There are many others approved for use only by
professionals. My feeling is that, if allowed, a professional product
would be much better and longer lasting than what you can buy at your
garden centre. If you can find a professional willing to apply such a
product to your block paving it probably wouldn't be cheap.

--

Jeff

Re: Weed killer to prevent new seedlings in block paving?

<XnsAD60E3E87BADD37B93@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=1126&group=uk.rec.gardening#1126

From: pamela.p...@gmail.com (Pamela)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 22:24:15 +0100
 by: Pamela - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 21:24 UTC

On 18:01 7 Jul 2021, Jeff Layman said:

> On 07/07/2021 14:12, Pamela wrote:
>> What type of weed killer would prevent new weeds germinating in
>> block paving?
>>
>> Although some suppliers recommend it, gylphosate isn't persistent
>> enough and it doesn't kill seedlings until they have sprouted.
>
> There is only one residual weedkiller approved for amateur/home use.
> That is diflufenican, which is available in combination with
> glyphosate in Weedol Pathclear. There are many others approved for
> use only by professionals. My feeling is that, if allowed, a
> professional product would be much better and longer lasting than
> what you can buy at your garden centre. If you can find a
> professional willing to apply such a product to your block paving it
> probably wouldn't be cheap.

Useful info. Thank you.